Catholic Teacher Fired After Facebook...

Catholic Teacher Fired After Facebook Survey

There are 56 comments on the WHOtv story from May 28, 2010, titled Catholic Teacher Fired After Facebook Survey. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A teacher at a Catholic school in Fort Dodge has been fired after saying in a Facebook survey she did not believe in God.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leo

Berlin, MD

#42 May 30, 2010
Bvan wrote:
Don't include me in your gay activities you idiot. I like how you say you're straight but your words say otherwise. Just stay away from the children like everyone says. What more do you Gays want? Acceptance? Well you won't get it here sweetie.
Someday you will be man enough to accept who you are. Your words scream you are ready to come out.
Sean

Dagsboro, DE

#43 May 30, 2010
Leo Leo Leo Now using google search you can find world religion populations. There are over 2.1 billion christians in the world give or take a few. Of the 2.1 billion over 1 billion are Catholic give or take a few. Now if more than half of the christians in the world are catholic then wouldn't it make sense that there's a good chance that 50 percent of the people in prison are catholic or if 25 workers at McDonald's are christians there's probably a good chance 50 percent of them are catholics. Now your response to my post.

I am sure they do a good job keeping those pesky minority and disabled students out.

I couldn't believe you were dumb enough to write that but after reading your other post it's not that surprising. I will have you know there are plenty of minority and they even have a little person that goes to school there. Only thing missing is a morainic boob like yourself.

I've never heard anyone describe public schools as charity unless you count the subsided school lunch program or if you don't pay property taxes than i guess it would be like sending your kids to a charity School.

Now my kids have gone both to public and parochial schools the reason we switch them to parochial school was the size of the school, and having them all in one location. Was there anything wrong with the public school absolutely not wonderful school and great teachers.

Looking at your posts it's obvious that you hate Catholics which is your right but i'm curious what you think of all the other religions maybe you should write a book. Leo's thoughts on Christianity. Inside the mind of Leo. Man I can smell a best seller!!!
Leo

Berlin, MD

#44 May 30, 2010
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
When I went to St Eds I was introduced to more drugs than the public school which I later went to during 11th and 12th grade. No the catholic schools is not better..they actually had less money for new books, computers etc and what you learned was from older books, older computers and the religious learning may be a plus to some, but is time from the day when a student could sqeeze in an extra math class or some that would actually help them. When I went to the public school I was behind by many years since I attended the catholic sysyem for 7,8,9,10th grades. Test scores are good since the school doesnt teach you anything and the focus on sports is top priority. Unless your daughet plans on being a nun or your son a priest..there is no purpose to send your kids to a catholic school and doing so will actually hurt them and is a waste of money. Also, the kids selling all the drugs had rich parents, money they did not earn, and new cars.
Ryan, be careful or you will destroy their fantasy world. The truth is not what they seek, only the appearance of truth and righteousness. That is why the engage in shallow rituals and garments that show how superior they are. It has worked for centuries but the gig will soon be up. The age of information will be their doom.
Leo

Berlin, MD

#45 May 30, 2010
Sean wrote:
Leo Leo Leo Now using google search you can find world religion populations. There are over 2.1 billion christians in the world give or take a few. Of the 2.1 billion over 1 billion are Catholic give or take a few. Now if more than half of the christians in the world are catholic then wouldn't it make sense that there's a good chance that 50 percent of the people in prison are catholic or if 25 workers at McDonald's are christians there's probably a good chance 50 percent of them are catholics. Now your response to my post.
I am sure they do a good job keeping those pesky minority and disabled students out.
I couldn't believe you were dumb enough to write that but after reading your other post it's not that surprising. I will have you know there are plenty of minority and they even have a little person that goes to school there. Only thing missing is a morainic boob like yourself.
I've never heard anyone describe public schools as charity unless you count the subsided school lunch program or if you don't pay property taxes than i guess it would be like sending your kids to a charity School.
Now my kids have gone both to public and parochial schools the reason we switch them to parochial school was the size of the school, and having them all in one location. Was there anything wrong with the public school absolutely not wonderful school and great teachers.
Looking at your posts it's obvious that you hate Catholics which is your right but i'm curious what you think of all the other religions maybe you should write a book. Leo's thoughts on Christianity. Inside the mind of Leo. Man I can smell a best seller!!!
Your beliefs are why it is so easy for children to be victimized. You by way of your money and support enable priest. I just hope your children do not spend time alone with the priest. In your sick cult, you would probably blame the child. That is why for so long they got away with their crimes. As far as the statistics, I was responding to a challenge from one of your fellow arrogant cult members. I do not expect you to see reality but rather to continue supporting the evil. God help your children and their children. I doubt you will be able to protect them. I could not help but notice you attack me,poorly, rather than defend your "Faith". I am impressed by the diversity,Not. I do not hate Catholics, just their foolish ways that harm children. I would say I pity them.
Brenda

Ankeny, IA

#46 May 30, 2010
I hope the teacher files charges against the school. I went to an elementary catholic school and wasn't even baptized. That school accepted me for who I was and not because I was a catholic or even baptized. The school has no right to fire her because of her beliefs.
missy

Berlin, MD

#47 May 30, 2010
i think that is messed up that they fierd her
Southern Iowa Mom

Chariton, IA

#48 Jun 1, 2010
I'm not Catholic, but I sympathize with the school. If I were sending my child to a religioous school, I would be doing so believing that my child would be taught about God, His existence, His teachings. I am wondering--why did this young woman, if she did not believe in God, seek employment in a secular school? I don't know about the Catholic schools, but people I have known who taught in Protestant oriented schools did so at a sacrifice of lesser pay. I am with the school on this one.
Leo

Berlin, MD

#49 Jun 1, 2010
Southern Iowa Mom wrote:
I'm not Catholic, but I sympathize with the school. If I were sending my child to a religioous school, I would be doing so believing that my child would be taught about God, His existence, His teachings. I am wondering--why did this young woman, if she did not believe in God, seek employment in a secular school? I don't know about the Catholic schools, but people I have known who taught in Protestant oriented schools did so at a sacrifice of lesser pay. I am with the school on this one.
Do you believe it is acceptable for a school because it is Catholic to violate Civil Rights Law? Do they have immunity to other laws? Would you say that religion is more important than an individuals rights?
Just a thought

Minneapolis, MN

#50 Jun 1, 2010
Iowa is an employment at will state. What does that mean? Employees can quit at any time, employers can release an employee at any time. The only exception is if you are being discriminated upon and are part of a protected class. A personal belief does not make you part of a protected class. She deserved to be released; atheism is against the primary belief of her employer. If a Chevrolet car salesmen publically stated to never buy anything but a Ford he/she would be fired too.
Leo

Berlin, MD

#51 Jun 1, 2010
Just a thought wrote:
Iowa is an employment at will state. What does that mean? Employees can quit at any time, employers can release an employee at any time. The only exception is if you are being discriminated upon and are part of a protected class. A personal belief does not make you part of a protected class. She deserved to be released; atheism is against the primary belief of her employer. If a Chevrolet car salesmen publically stated to never buy anything but a Ford he/she would be fired too.
Not true. the civil rights act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on religion. When I sold Used cars at a Lincoln- Mercury dealership I sold more General Motors products because I preferred their product and had more knowledge about G.M.. As long as I sold they did not care what I sold. If I were this teacher I would nail them for wrongful termination and draw unemployment. This cult would pay.
Bill

Ankeny, IA

#52 Jun 2, 2010
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your views are very similar to Rush and Beck. If you do not listen to them you should they spew the same kind of anti-immigrant and anti-government rhetoric and constantly invoke the Constitution. You are birds of a feather.
and the 'guilt by association' tactic is getting old too

I think McCarthy discredited it
Leo

Berlin, MD

#53 Jun 2, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
and the 'guilt by association' tactic is getting old too
I think McCarthy discredited it
I doubt you have met them so there is no association. You just think like they do.
lckdsm

Columbus, OH

#54 Jun 3, 2010
no fly boy wrote:
if you look at this teacher what did she do wrong --- that why we have had so many wars we do not think for our self === child that does not have a way to see life in other ways is wrong it takes a town to raise a child == yes we have fathers and mothers -- if you ask me i think it makes people love life become a whole person and a good father and mother === do i beleave in GOD yes -- why because i do not want to hold back anyone -- i only want to stop the bad not judge it. a good teacher opem a child mind to plaint a seed for all of us to look at == maybe this child will be the person to stop wars
or feed the world -- i as a father learn more from my kids then i would with out them == we must not live with miss trust but be open to tall item some day we will have to get off this world to many people --- it will take the world to do it -- that why the poor need help with food , home , and a free mind -- they may save us all
====Maybe the poor, and your children, can teach you how to proof read and use the spelling and grammar checks====
lckdsm

Columbus, OH

#55 Jun 3, 2010
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is the problem. Too many are willing to except evil with the promise of some good. No one is closer to God than you. Not the Pope, no Iman, no Preacher, NO ONE! Stand up and reject the con game they play at your expense.
Very insightful! Even the word religion is commonly taken out of context. Religion is a personal concept. The first time you sinned- not your parents or Eve for that matter, you were disconnected from God. Religion is the proccess YOU yourself take- within your own heart- to restore that original relationship with God. The only person between you and God is yourself.
lckdsm

Columbus, OH

#56 Jun 3, 2010
Whether or not I agree with Leo- I think it is very interesting that in his comments he had not mentioned anything about homosexuality, aside from the priests, only using the term tea baggers for a group of people that originally used the terms to describe themselves- not associating any sexual connotations with the term- and suddenly, all some of you can comment on is his sexuality, trying to distract from the facts he is presenting....
Carlisle Resident

Raymore, MO

#57 Jun 3, 2010
At least she's not sleeping with her students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Dodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save the youth Nov 20 three blocks 1
News Investigators: Pilots erred in Pence plane's sk... Nov 11 LEARN HEBREW 6
Amber Ferry Nov 8 Daniel Kingston 4
News Humboldt city council provides $200,000 for hou... (May '16) Aug '17 Tired and sick 2
Monster Trucks in Fort Dodge!!!!!! (Apr '11) Apr '17 Meguys 3
News The true Trump has emerged (Nov '15) Mar '17 Democrat 4
Steve king get Chinese prostitute in moscow (Mar '17) Mar '17 Trump 3

Fort Dodge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Dodge Mortgages