Our Justice System at its Finest...

Posted in the Fort Covington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JustSaying

New York, NY

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Am I missing something or did Judge Main just give someone a pass for rape? While you read down and another gets prison time for rape... I know it does not say rape on the Media Provost.. But unwanted sex is rape in my view.... What is he thinking?

September 14, 2012
Sex-related cases resolved
By DENISE A. RAYMO
Press-Republican

MALONE Two men were sentenced on sex-related charges in Franklin County Court this week.

Media Provost IV, 27, of Parker Avenue, Massena, formerly of Dickinson, pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree criminal sexual act, stemming from an incident Feb. 4, 2011. He admitted engaging a woman in an unwanted oral or anal sex act.

Provost was sentenced by Judge Robert G. Main Jr. to two concurrent 10-year terms of felony-level probation and ordered to pay $5,000 in fines.

He is already serving a probation sentence in St. Lawrence County on a rape charge involving the same woman, and jurisdiction for his Franklin County case was transferred to probation officials there.

In a separate case, Aaron W. Gilman, 26, of Malone was sentenced to two years in state prison for second-degree attempted rape, stemming from an incident July 20, 2011.

He was originally charged with two counts of second-degree rape, second-degree criminal sexual act, endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree attempted assault.

Prosecutors said the case involved an underage female who was an acquaintance of his and that the two incidents occurred within a day of each other.

Gilman was also ordered to serve five years of post-release supervision.

The charges against each man were lodged as Superior Court Information rather than formal grand-jury indictments.
T-Star

Ballston Spa, NY

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention....knowledge is power! Everyone in Malone, should know the scumbags of the area...lets all chip in....
Media Provost
Mike Rottier
John Baker
Michael Barnes
David Bittner
Robert Blair
T-Star

Ballston Spa, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
David and Bruce Cayea
Scott Clark
Peter Cook
Russell Crossman
Corey Degon
Herman Downer
James Durant
Philip Ferreti
James Fisher
John Fuller
Stephen Garrand
Frank Hart
David Hopps
John Hynes
Charles Jarvis
Robert Johnston
Gary Lagree
Ronald Lapage
John Laplant
Dustin Lauzon
Paul Lavair
Craig Leabo
Craig Lohr
yeshewould

New York, NY

#4 Sep 14, 2012
the sentence may have been part of a plea agreement to save someone from having to testify. now he will return to st. lawrence county, his probie violated, the violate trial held there (at slc expense), and sentenced to serious big time state time for the more serious rape conviction in slc. justice is served.
GetReal

New York, NY

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Did you know it's illegal to use information from a website naming sex offenders to harass or otherwise publicly shame them? I can't believe you did that, you have no brains.

I think sexual crimes against others are awful, terrible, and inexcusable. Those who commit them should face charges and pay the appropriate time in jail.

However they should not face a lifetime of public ridicule, guilt, finger pointing and witch-hunting.

It's the same sad story in this community.

What skeletons do you have in your little closet, T-Star? Hmm?

Not so forward now, are you.
Tstar

Ballston Spa, NY

#6 Sep 14, 2012
pulic formation...an entire website is dedicated to it...ope nto the entire public. I have not asked anyone to harass anybody....just sharing knowledge! Welcome to the new century! And hey...if you want you can check out the web and find their address,their victims age, and see their picture! WOW!
Tstar

Ballston Spa, NY

#7 Sep 14, 2012
I dont bow down to the convicted sex offenders....shame on you! Stay tuned for M thru Z tomorrow!
Malonian

New York, NY

#8 Sep 14, 2012
GetReal wrote:
Did you know it's illegal to use information from a website naming sex offenders to harass or otherwise publicly shame them? I can't believe you did that, you have no brains.
I think sexual crimes against others are awful, terrible, and inexcusable. Those who commit them should face charges and pay the appropriate time in jail.
However they should not face a lifetime of public ridicule, guilt, finger pointing and witch-hunting.
You must be one yourself....I always suspected that. The list of names the poster posted are all public information on the NYS sex offender registry. There is absolutely nothing illegal or immoral about the list(s). Think of the psychological hardships these offender's victims are more than likely suffering now and probably for the rest of their life.
Tstar

Ballston Spa, NY

#9 Sep 15, 2012
"get real"...i am that forward...where are you?????
JustSaying

New York, NY

#10 Sep 15, 2012
Why is it that every time you post something on this forum some have to act like they are in High School? Information is information that they public should be aware of... Especially, sex offenders.. I for one am glad of the era of technology so we can try to keep our children safe from predators. It is common knowledge that there is a site specifically for tracking sex offenders.. All you have to do is know how to Google or any other search engine and you will find them all in your area.. In case you never heard of Google or know how to use it.. I will be glad to give you the site and directions on how to take advantage of this technology.
Tstar

Ballston Spa, NY

#12 Sep 16, 2012
Ok...back to sex offenders...
Andrew McCleave
Bruce McCoy
Donal Mitchell
Bernard Perry
Howard Petell
Jeffrey Riley
Joseph Rousseau
Alan Sansone
Wayne Scott
Joseph Wonders
Wayne Yeddo
Mike Rottier
Scott Clarke

I think that about covers it!

Since: Apr 11

Troy, NY

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Malone's rape rate is over 300% the national average!

http://www.homefacts.com/crime/New-York/Frank ...
Tstar

Ballston Spa, NY

#14 Sep 18, 2012
oh...and the guy who has a white truck who may or may not talk to himself!
Really

Hogansburg, NY

#15 Sep 19, 2012
Do any of you know Mr. Provost's situation is it a true charge? I am against any sexual abuse but this case seemed off from the first public posting of it the victim felt it important to state how many hot dogs he ate and she lived with him for years after the incident with plenty of chances to leave. Just seems odd
just a second

New York, NY

#16 Sep 19, 2012
Rape is truly heinous. However, there are some women out there who use rape charges as a weapon. I know that for a fact. And that's at least as heinous, perhaps more so.
notinmalone!

Carthage, NY

#17 Sep 19, 2012
Really wrote:
Do any of you know Mr. Provost's situation is it a true charge? I am against any sexual abuse but this case seemed off from the first public posting of it the victim felt it important to state how many hot dogs he ate and she lived with him for years after the incident with plenty of chances to leave. Just seems odd
I don't know the details of this case, but I will say this. An abusive relationship is extremely hard to get out of. I put up with a man who abused me, raped me, cheated and did some god awful things to me for years. I had lots of opportunities to leave, I was just too afraid to leave. He constantly told me he would find me and kill me and I truly believed him.

It left him after 6 years, but only because a friend offered to move me from NY to North Carolina in a military post where I knew he couldn't get to me and I would be safe. It's been 10 years and I still won't live in Malone because I know he lives there.
Well

New York, NY

#18 Sep 20, 2012
You found a way around your fear. There are tremendous supports available for women in the same position you were in.

Fear is fear. While fear may be rooted in fact it is an emotion, and emotions themselves are not facts. There is always a way to health around fear.

I just found this resource on the web with a quick search:

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/pro...

If you're in a similar situation, any professional you're in contact with can help you... a nurse or doctor, or I would hope that even an emergency room would be able to put you on a safe path toward a better life. The longest journey begins with a single step. I hope that someone in this situation takes the step of deciding to work past the fear.

Good luck.
Billy Jensen

New York, NY

#19 Oct 13, 2012
GetReal wrote:

GET REAL MUST BE A CHILD MOLESTER, THEY CERTAINLY ARE STICKING UP FOR THEM [ HAHA , SCUMBAG ]
GetReal

New York, NY

#20 Oct 14, 2012
No. I'm not a child molester or any other such abominable thing. Malonian, lick my crack. T-star, I didn't respond right away because I have a fucking job and a life and I don't spend 24 hours a day on topix. So you can suck on my balls.

It's very simple people. This information was procured from a secure website that is monitored and maintained by NYS. Yes, it is public information.

But sharing the information and using it as a tool for public shame and witch-hunting is harassment. I'm reporting this topix thread to NYS. Hopefully they will do something.

It's always the same bull$hit in this community. Too many busy body welfare nobodies with too much time on their hands.
GetReal

New York, NY

#21 Oct 14, 2012
Oh, and Billy Jensen, aren't you the same one in other threads advocating for drug use and legalization of marijuana?

Who's the scrumbag now?

Yeah. Think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who drives the lifted Ford ranger through malone 38 min sandy 10
Brandon smith 45 min huh 13
Brett Gagnier pleads guilty to 2 counts rape (Jan '15) 54 min sandy 40
where is adam niles (May '11) 1 hr sandy 18
drug pushing welfare moms 8 hr Japanhome 2
Depo shirts 16 hr look at this 12
News Franklin County man accused of rape, incest (Jan '08) Jun '15 Survivor 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Covington Mortgages