Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Fort Collins cannot yet toast to being an "All American City".
Ex Fort Collins Police Sargent Ray Martinez, tax payer and alcohol sponsored Executive Director of Team Fort Collins Scoot Crandall, the leaders of a non-fact based campaign of hysteria to ban Medical Marijuana Dispensaries.
Along with misinformation from elected officials such as the School Superintendent, the DA and Sheriff made a perfect storm to ban the dispensaries.
Saving the children and making sure Fort Collins wasn't known as the "Bud Capitol of Northern Colorado". Now Fort Collins can be known as the Alcohol Tragedy Capital of Colorado.
An "All American City" with a fine university as CSU, both with reputations of numerous problems from alcohol including fights leading to man slaughter, suicide, domestic violence along with underage drinking deaths be concerned about the over expanding of alcohol breweries and establishments in their community?
Now there is a Brewery Shuttle to transport you from one alcohol brewery to another, then back to your car to drive home (?). A Fort Collins brewery is now a major sponsor for the USA Pro Cycling Challenge, both aid in promoting continued underage drinking, fighting and ruining of lives.
I would like to believe Ray, Scott and the elected officials who spoke with a forked tongue about the Medical Marijuana Dispensaries are gearing up a campaign of truth to combat the real problems of alcohol.
Then we can all toast to Fort Collins as an "All American City"!
Tony Dewar

Kelowna, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

I wrote to Mr. Martinez on his website asking how it feels to be leading the charge to rob the terminally ill and those in constant pain of their access to proper medication. Below is the short conversation that ensued over email. Sorry it is a bit long.

raymartinez31@comcast.net
6:14 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
I have a new book coming out called The Truth About Marijuana; Americas s snake oil. I encourage you to read and learn...

Ray Martinez
From my Android phone on T-Mobile.

Tony Dewar
7:15 PM (19 hours ago)

to raymartinez31
Oh I will read it. Other books I have read include Mein Kamph, The Bible and numerous other books that I consider to be false or fiction but read them I did anyway. Now seeing as I agreed to read your book of fiction how about you take some time to research why Marijuana was made illegal in the first place, what the beneficial medical effects of marijuana are ( quite sure you have already researched any bad side effects) and lastly for the love of god please research the phony numbers you are throwing around such as a 40% increase in the crime rate since the legalization of marijuana dispensaries, which is so patently false you should be embarrassed each time you quote it. I respect any individual for sticking to their principals but I can not abide a Liar. Any idiot can spout off lies or mislead others into believing a falseness but a real man, one who deserves respect does not lie or mislead others into joining ones cause.

By the way there are many fabulous outlets for research into the subject of marijuana, why it was made illegal, what the benefits of it are, and why legalization, regulation, and taxation, ACTUALLY decreases the crime rate in every single case.

I suggest you do some reading and learning yourself, after all I am not the one who people are seeing and hearing on TV and Radio and has a book coming out, you are. I know if the country was watching me I would want to make sure that what I am telling people is in fact the truth.(Truth being fact based evidence supported by scientific studies). Not sure how you can be happy or proud of promoting a cause that will end up causing untold suffering amongst the terminally ill, or those in constant pain. You will probably refuse to see any side but your own. Hopefully it does not take you finding a loved one in the same position as those you are fighting against to see the error of your ways.

P.S. I imagine I won't be finding your book in the non-fiction section will I?

raymartinez31@comcast.net
9:37 PM (17 hours ago)

to me
You speak with hatred, not with intelligence. I dont argue with unintelligible people. you won't be hearing from me anymore because you are irational and I will be blocking your email.

Ray Martinez
From my Android phone on T-Mobile.

-------- Original message -------- Subject: Re: Book From: Tony Dewar To: raymartinez31@comcast.net CC:

Tony Dewar
1:35 PM (1 hour ago)

to raymartinez31
Sure thing Ray ignore the facts. Why am I not surprised by this? Anyway you are the one who has to live with the lies you spew and the hatred of those who will be going without suitable pain medication due to your misleading campaign of misinformation.

You will notice he calls my post unintelligible and irrational, although he did misspell irrational. Please feel free to let me know if my posts are indeed irrational and/or unintelligible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fort Collins Forum right now

Search the Fort Collins Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses plan 2 more conventions in ... 1 hr Larry 32
Longmont police: Parental-kidnapping suspect ar... Jul 17 We hate fort collins CO 2
New Search For Missing Fort Collins Man Unsucce... Jul 14 We hate fort collins CO 1
Review: H & K Towing (Aug '09) Jul 14 We hate fort collins CO 228
Discriminatory Job Application and Hiring - Old... Jul 14 Akin 2
For the poor, housing is drying up Jul 13 We hate Fort Collins CO 1
Major Search For Missing At-Risk Fort Collins M... Jul 13 We hate Fort Collins CO 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Collins Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Collins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••