Afghan war vet, juvenile arrested in ...

Afghan war vet, juvenile arrested in Wal-Mart killing

There are 1 comment on the The Gazette story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Afghan war vet, juvenile arrested in Wal-Mart killing. In it, The Gazette reports that:

A Fort Carson soldier who returned from Afghanistan in June and a 17-year-old have been arrested in a fatal drive-by shooting late last month outside the Wal-Mart on East Platte Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 6, 2010
We send them overseas with minimal support, get them blown up, shot at, and let them shoot back to retain a hilltop for a year straight. Then we bring them back, and release them into society 3 days after they return. Ridiculous. There needs to be a decompression phase of at least a month where they learn to reintegrate themselves through classes, counselors, and slowly get reintroduced to their spouses if they're married. This isn't the first soldier who has gone off the deep end after returning, and it won't be the last. He just threw his life away. I'll bet he never imagined that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Reyes--dishonest, sly, corrupt (Mar '12) Sat gd miller is corrup 13
Colorado Springs Police Jul 29 CSPD 1
CPS in Colorado Springs, CO Abuses Families (Jan '09) Jul 28 spiderman24 79
Bradley Ray Jul 26 Old flame 1
Traffic lights ???? Jul 26 Agree 2
Judicial Corruption in Pueblo Jul 24 Mimi Crist 1
News Pueblo sheriff find six cases of abuse at state... Jul 24 Mimi Crist 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Carson Mortgages