Christopher/Lori Luetwyler
really

Round Lake, IL

#41 Jul 10, 2012
missstark wrote:
<quoted text>She and Chris' first child.
are you saying joni abused her oldest boy?

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#42 Jul 10, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying joni abused her oldest boy?
I am saying there was concern, and Chris' parents came to help moving from North Carolina. If that person who claims to be Joni's sister-in-law is really a member of the family then she should ask Chris' parents. I was not there at the time but it is when Jack's mother came to live with us and her mom and dad were going to live with Chris & Joni. We didn't know the reason until we were at Vanderbilt waiting for the brain death test to be done. Too little to late.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#43 Jul 19, 2012
What happen in court yesterday?

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#44 Jul 19, 2012
curious wrote:
What happen in court yesterday?
Not much, the defense asked again that Joni be released and the judge emphatically said no. The defense asked for better pictures of the abuse and autopsy to which the Commonwealth's Attny said she would give them whatever she had and as soon as the rest of the autopsy & labs get back they would forward them to the defense asap. Next date is a status hearing and it is set for Sept 12th.
wondering

Johnson City, TN

#45 Aug 14, 2012
Any thing new with this case? Has she had the baby? Where is the baby going when it is born?

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#46 Aug 15, 2012
wondering wrote:
Any thing new with this case? Has she had the baby? Where is the baby going when it is born?
No news yet. Hopefully he will go live with his brother and sister with Joni's parents.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#47 Aug 28, 2012
Baby been born yet? Know its getting close to time for it to be born.

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#48 Aug 29, 2012
Joni was released today to go have her baby but has to be back 6 Sept.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#49 Sep 4, 2012
Did she have the baby?
Michael Stoneman

Sierra Vista, AZ

#50 Oct 18, 2012
I served with Joni in Fort Campbell. She was my soldier for sometime before she was promoted to SGT and later ETSed from the service. I can tell you this call her a murder all you desire but I know damn well Joni didnt do this. I understand her parents are going threw a nightware and I understand your grieving pain. What I do see here is a grandmother lettering her passion rule her reason and lashing out at whomever was charged. Facts are being withheld and I assure you that facts are being withheld from you as well.

I would also advise that you not listen to everything the commonwealths attonrey is saying. Lawyers are like lobbiest, the spin a story how it suits them to benifit them. I have seen it before when DA's have completely tried to twist the eveidence and blow a case way out of proportion because they need a big high profile case to ensure their re election as the DA for that area.

I can promise you this CA does not care of your grandson, and is probably spinning up and twisting evidence were he can to get the high profile case he needs. And who better to target than veterans, we are always targeted by the legal system. In 7 years of service I have seen in numerous times. Cops show up dont have a clue and find the nearest soldier blame them and arrest them.

I think this generation forgets that kids do get bruises, and do hurt themselves very often as a matter of fact. I dont know how many times my little girl will come up to me and say "daddy owie!" I remeber being a kid and my mother would notice a new bruise on me that I was not aware of and had no clue how I had obtianed it. In todays society it seems every one sees a bruise on a kid and screams child abuse.

I pray for this boys parents but I also pray for Joni because I know she is innocent of this crime and I look forward to the day when she will be exonerated of this crime.
Give me a break

United States

#51 Nov 20, 2012
They murdered him. It's different than a bruise

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#52 Nov 25, 2012
You may have known her, but you do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I have personally heard her screaming at her infant children! I was shocked because she "appears" to be so meek and quiet. I am not going to argue with people over this. but when the testimony begins in court you will see a different side of Joni Leutwyler. It's all so sad, and you no not of what you speak.
Michael Stoneman wrote:
I served with Joni in Fort Campbell. She was my soldier for sometime before she was promoted to SGT and later ETSed from the service. I can tell you this call her a murder all you desire but I know damn well Joni didnt do this. I understand her parents are going threw a nightware and I understand your grieving pain. What I do see here is a grandmother lettering her passion rule her reason and lashing out at whomever was charged. Facts are being withheld and I assure you that facts are being withheld from you as well.
I would also advise that you not listen to everything the commonwealths attonrey is saying. Lawyers are like lobbiest, the spin a story how it suits them to benifit them. I have seen it before when DA's have completely tried to twist the eveidence and blow a case way out of proportion because they need a big high profile case to ensure their re election as the DA for that area.
I can promise you this CA does not care of your grandson, and is probably spinning up and twisting evidence were he can to get the high profile case he needs. And who better to target than veterans, we are always targeted by the legal system. In 7 years of service I have seen in numerous times. Cops show up dont have a clue and find the nearest soldier blame them and arrest them.
I think this generation forgets that kids do get bruises, and do hurt themselves very often as a matter of fact. I dont know how many times my little girl will come up to me and say "daddy owie!" I remeber being a kid and my mother would notice a new bruise on me that I was not aware of and had no clue how I had obtianed it. In todays society it seems every one sees a bruise on a kid and screams child abuse.
I pray for this boys parents but I also pray for Joni because I know she is innocent of this crime and I look forward to the day when she will be exonerated of this crime.

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#53 Nov 25, 2012
She did and he is a sweet baby who is thankfully with Joni's parents.
curious wrote:
Did she have the baby?

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#54 Nov 25, 2012
This Thanksgiving was nice but it's hard to not think of last year when Baby Jack was with us and we were all happy and so very thankful for our first grandchild. He is so missed. Even through this nightmare of the past 8 months, we are so very thankful and blessed to have had him even for a little while. I look forward to the trial and for the world to see the overwhelming evidence that we saw in the hospital. People spout rubbish when they have no idea what he went through. Bruises that were far more than a fall, several falls couldn't explain the impact on his little body. People should get the facts before they speak.
WoW

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

#55 Nov 26, 2012
missstark wrote:
You may have known her, but you do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I have personally heard her screaming at her infant children! I was shocked because she "appears" to be so meek and quiet. I am not going to argue with people over this. but when the testimony begins in court you will see a different side of Joni Leutwyler. It's all so sad, and you no not of what you speak.<quoted text>
If you witnessed this behavior, why did YOU do something about it? You know, in a case like this.. there are NO INNOCENT BYSTANDERS! You are quick to say that people didnt know what happened behind closed doors... but you seem to admit that YOU DID.

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#56 Dec 1, 2012
Because I was told she was getting help and was just stressed out because her husband was in Afghanistan and she had a newborn. I did question if she needed more than meds. I am no one to her and her family said she was working on it. I am just an in-law (Chris's sister's mother-in-law, Baby Jack's paternal grandmother) and heard screaming over the phone and asked what the heck was that? But was told that she was getting help for being overwhelmed and that family was there to do so. Meds etc and that she did'nt act like that often. Perhaps it was the hormones of pregnancy and giving birth. She seemed to go back to her old self fairly quickly, By the way I didn't know Jack was there when he was injured or I would have tried to get off work and keep him myself. Hind sight is 20/20. I actually liked Joni and think she is a sweet girl who had a confluence of things that contributed to what happened. I'm so sad for her. Chris more-so as well as the rest of us. I forgive her but that doesn't change that our baby is in the ground. None of us ever would have dreamed that this would happened.She is still loved we just don't understand. Before you take an accusatory tone with someone (who already feels more guilt than you can comprehend) just ask a question and it will be answered. I worry about her and Chris more-so. and their poor children. It isn't as simple as people think, not black and white. We have been attacked from all angles so thank you very much.
WoW wrote:
<quoted text>
If you witnessed this behavior, why did YOU do something about it? You know, in a case like this.. there are NO INNOCENT BYSTANDERS! You are quick to say that people didn't know what happened behind closed doors... but you seem to admit that YOU DID.

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#57 Dec 1, 2012
The amount of bruising (which when I saw it made me vomit), backside, face, front of abdomen and velocity of impact is not a fall or a little bruise. Multiple impacts on his head which were the fatal injuries. Think about that.
missstark wrote:
You may have known her, but you do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I have personally heard her screaming at her infant children! I was shocked because she "appears" to be so meek and quiet. I am not going to argue with people over this. but when the testimony begins in court you will see a different side of Joni Leutwyler. It's all so sad, and you no not of what you speak.<quoted text>
wondering

Johnson City, TN

#58 Mar 2, 2013
Is the trial still happening this month?

Since: Apr 12

Morehead, Ky / Dickson, Tn

#59 Mar 8, 2013
wondering wrote:
Is the trial still happening this month?
No they just postponed it to June 23 or early Sept. Anxious to get it over with.
A Concerned Neighbor

Clarksville, TN

#60 Apr 2, 2013
I was there when the ambulance came, and watched as they loaded baby Jack and tried to recessitate him. I kept their other two children until CPS (Child Protective Services) or whatever it is called here came and got them. I can't get into any specific details but I would like to know what the outcome is when the trial begins. Please know that baby Jack, his parents and all those who loved him heal from this tragic loss. I will never forget that night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture For Sale Liverpool Wed Reat 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jun 25 HOMEEE 644
Candace Elliott (Nov '15) May '16 Nowyaknow 3
Ft Campbell DUI (Jan '10) Apr '16 Humpty 41
Fort Campbell Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov '15 Long Gone and Happy 22
shasta ely (Mar '14) Aug '15 Yogowiff 3
Paying good money (Jul '15) Jul '15 Chuck 1

Fort Campbell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Campbell Mortgages