Brent Burke now faces military murder...

Brent Burke now faces military murder charges

There are 12 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Brent Burke now faces military murder charges. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

The former Fort Campbell soldier who went to trial four times and accused of a double murder is now facing new murder charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

EducatedBetter

Louisville, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2011
Ah, the good ole UCMJ...

Remember kids, double jeopardy doesn't count when you're a soldier.
Retired Soldier

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jul 11, 2011
I live in Hardin Country. The military chose not to prosecute Burke many years ago due to lack of evidence. The Post Commander at that time turned Burke over to civilian law enforcement to give it a go.

They failed to convict 4 times in a row. We in Hardin country were angry about those trials. We payed for them and it was obvious from the start there was NEVER enough evidence to convict. Finally the prosecutor realized these and stopped trying. Hardin Country police then took Burke back to Fort Campbell and turned him over to the Post law enforcement.

Burke has never been out of law enforcement control since the old Fort Campbell commander turned him over.

I now read when some PAO talks about AWOL. When was that?

I now read about an Article 31 hearing for murder. Fort Campbell turned him over 4 years ago due to lack of evidence then. What has changed I wonder?

The Fort Campbell post commander does not have to give the to answer me, the senior senator from Kentucky will be sending someone down to ask that question.

Perhaps ask him some other questions as well.

I anticipate his answers.

EducatedBetter

Louisville, KY

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Chose not to prosecute due to lack of evidence... then the Hardin County hillbillies did everything they could do to convict 4 times. Typical small town county attorney...

Bullitt County is just as bad. If they think they can talk 12 hayseeds into convicting you, you're in big trouble.
Suzy

Columbia, KY

#4 Jul 11, 2011
EducatedBetter wrote:
Ah, the good ole UCMJ...
Remember kids, double jeopardy doesn't count when you're a soldier.
Good! I'm glad double jeopardy doesn't apply in this case! We can only pray that the military will have enough evidence to put him away for a long, long time. JMO
Educated

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Jul 11, 2011
I don't know where people come up with this fantasies and tall tales. The truth is, he killed those two women. He was smarted than the average Joe with his background as an MP and the fact that he planned it to a T. He had and 18 hour jump on Law Enforcement to ditch any evidence. I personally know those who investigated the case. They cannot comment on the case because it is still ongoing. They have to sit back and listen to everyone bad mouthing them when they know nothing of the case in actuality. Not all evidence can come in with our justice system. These are good, honest, and dedicated people. They have no bias in the case and would never charge someone, much less than sit through this case everyday for the last 4 years unless they knew he was guilty. They have consciences too. This was not a charge first, prove later case. Unfortunately these dedicated professionals have to sit back and wait to actually exonerate their actions while the media and uneducated gossipers continue to spread their nonsense. Give these guys some credit. They are our neighbors, friends, brothers, and sons. They know more than we ever could about this case. I KNOW they would never charge Burke unless they KNEW he did it! I'm sure the badmouthing will quickly end though when these people actually need their help and dial 911 for themselves in the middle of the night. Here is another tidbit. Have you ever heard the family badmouthing the investigators in the case. I haven't. They have only spoken out against the prosecutor and his inability to close the deal. Burke was happy to give his statements to the media. Wonder why he didn't at trial? In the end, we all will have to answer for our actions. For the victims and their families, I pray Burke's comes sooner rather than later.
Leanna

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 30, 2011
Educated wrote:
I don't know where people come up with this fantasies and tall tales. The truth is, he killed those two women. He was smarted than the average Joe with his background as an MP and the fact that he planned it to a T. He had and 18 hour jump on Law Enforcement to ditch any evidence. I personally know those who investigated the case. They cannot comment on the case because it is still ongoing. They have to sit back and listen to everyone bad mouthing them when they know nothing of the case in actuality. Not all evidence can come in with our justice system. These are good, honest, and dedicated people. They have no bias in the case and would never charge someone, much less than sit through this case everyday for the last 4 years unless they knew he was guilty. They have consciences too. This was not a charge first, prove later case. Unfortunately these dedicated professionals have to sit back and wait to actually exonerate their actions while the media and uneducated gossipers continue to spread their nonsense. Give these guys some credit. They are our neighbors, friends, brothers, and sons. They know more than we ever could about this case. I KNOW they would never charge Burke unless they KNEW he did it! I'm sure the badmouthing will quickly end though when these people actually need their help and dial 911 for themselves in the middle of the night. Here is another tidbit. Have you ever heard the family badmouthing the investigators in the case. I haven't. They have only spoken out against the prosecutor and his inability to close the deal. Burke was happy to give his statements to the media. Wonder why he didn't at trial? In the end, we all will have to answer for our actions. For the victims and their families, I pray Burke's comes sooner rather than later.
They will get him this time! Great Post
Friend of bruke

Valdosta, GA

#7 Aug 8, 2011
Leanna wrote:
<quoted text>
They will get him this time! Great Post
What you are failing to see is there is a witness who heard the gun shots around 10-11, well guess what I was on duty at fort Campbell with him at that time. I feel for tracey's family but he didn't do it. The real killer is still out there and brent's life has been turned upside down. Shame on u
Inmate with burke at HCDC

Denver, CO

#8 Sep 30, 2011
No way this man committed this crime.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 30, 2011
This is kinda like the Camm case in Indiana. The cops and the County Attorney have messed the case and evidence up so bad the truth will never be known.
funny

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Sep 30, 2011
this man as well as camm should be free,they have been tried enough
Daddydidit

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2011
Justice will prevail within the Army courts. That witness heard a car backfire. Kid said daddy did it. I believe he did. Just like camm, being a law enforcement officer he knew how to dispose of the gun and get rid of any evidence. He will get his.
Sgt Kalashnikov

Louisville, KY

#12 Oct 14, 2011
I hope I never go before a jury with that hillbilly on it. Daddy is to stupid to breathe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 16 MAGA 1,035
Massage parlor murders (Sep '16) Aug 9 Monde 14
City Hall Freakshow? Aug 7 welcome_wagon 10
Hardee's Ft. Campbell Aug 4 DTSUXS 2
Oak Grove Music Thread (Feb '14) Jul 27 Musikologist 13
Masonville Music Thread (Feb '16) Jul 23 Musikologist 3
Blonde at cat west Jul '17 Grover 2

Fort Campbell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Campbell Mortgages