Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,627

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85937 Feb 14, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Good Afternoon Everyone! Til this morn I though docs were only removing his foot. But the removed the leg just below the knee. After anesthetic wore off, I could swear he was healthier already.
There seems to be a lot of irony to all of this. Last night had me playing peacemaker, and that took a lot of charm, that I had forgotten I knew how to do. And a little tough love.
As of last night a whole lot of people are closer than they have ever been. I surely have more grey hair today. An hour and a half of dealing with four women on the phone, and about ten calls in the middle of all that from someone I've been trying to shake left me more drained than I've been in years... More later. Thanks!
Sorry things took a worse turn.. But hey we thought you were a mighty fine man , to have four women on Val Day...lol Just kidding , many hugs to ya...
really

Maysville, KY

#85938 Feb 14, 2013
they died out west tooo
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85939 Feb 14, 2013
True fishing story. I once caught a 2 quart stew pan. My hook got snagged in the little hole in the handle of the pan. As I reeled in my "catch", the pan cutting through the water spun back and forth like I had just snagged the "whopper".... Oh, the disappointment. LOL
HilLogic

Manchester, KY

#85940 Feb 15, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Hempburn and "Nope"..Friday it is..
Asteroid 2012 DA14: 5 Surprising Facts About Friday's Earth Flyby
While there is no chance that asteroid 2012 DA14 will hit Earth this Friday, the asteroid's flyby is history-making for several other reasons.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/14/ast...
Good morning, AB! Hope all is well with you. In case you hadn't heard, supposedly a meteorite has already hit today. Check out the video and story; some think it was a U.S. weapon; imagine that! I hope you have a great day!:-) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/mete...
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85941 Feb 15, 2013
Yep Russia got tapped by a space rock. We will doubtless hear some theories on this but I think one that big about had to been spotted by researchers, so I'm down with someone knew and it was kept quiet to maintain sheeple peace. If we can land a probe on one we can spot a meteor that big I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing some of the shots of the impact site.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85942 Feb 15, 2013
Just watching the happy birds this morning. It's going to be another cold one here.
dead birds

Lexington, KY

#85943 Feb 15, 2013
What the hell?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85944 Feb 15, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I hope everyone is having a warm cozy morning. Roaming is right it is a cold one. But, the birds are singing like it is April. I love it.

HiLogic and Hempburn, that was the first thing I seen this morning on The Today Show. That was some site. I bet they do think it is an attack missile of some sort until they find out what it really was. The videos are wild. Here are some good ones:

From The Today Show:

Amazing meteorite video
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5082077...

Several good videos in this clip:

Hundreds injured as meteor fireball screams across the sky in Russia

A huge meteorite flared through the skies over Russia's Chelyabinsk region early Friday, triggering a powerful shock wave that injured hundreds of people.

"Preliminary indications are that it was a meteorite [shower]," the RIA-Novosti news agency quoted an emergency official as saying. "We have information about a blast at 10,000-meter (32,800-foot) altitude."

The fireball reports spread just hours before a 150-foot-wide asteroid was due to make a close flyby, coming within 17,200 miles of Earth. It's unlikely that there's any connection between the fireball and the encounter asteroid, known as 2012 DA14. However, a bright flash and explosion in midair would be consistent with the atmospheric entry and breakup of a large meteoroid.
If 2012 DA14 were to hit Earth, the scenario might play out in a similar way, but with a far more powerful impact.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/15...

Plus I went to the map to see how things were with the earthquakes..US low magnitudes in California, Alaska, Hawaii,and Nevada but Russia was all over the map while looking for this space event:

Event type: Event into space
Date/Time: Friday, 15 February, 2013 at 06:20 (06:20 AM) UTC
County / State: Chelyabinsk Oblast
Russian officials say a meteorite has fallen in the Chelyabinsk region some 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) east of Moscow. A spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry, Vadim Kolesnikov, said the Friday morning fall caused a blast that broke windows. There were no immediate confirmed reports of injuries, but Russian news agencies cited unnamed sources as saying several people were injured at a school in a thinly populated part of the region, which is on the eastern edge of the Ural Mountains.

Photos and video available in the RSOE EDIS's Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/RsoeEdis
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/...

7 Earthquakes in Russia today so far, highest magnitude 4.7

Hope everyone is having a good morning.
Berea

Lexington, KY

#85945 Feb 15, 2013
There's no dead birds. Move on.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85946 Feb 15, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
P.S. In case anyone misunderstood. The four women referenced were my mother, step mother, and my two sisters. A lot of tears, pain, anger, cussing, disowning, reowning and more tears. And don't forget some of that love stuff came in there too!
Didn't want anyone to think I was implying I had four girlfriends!
Glad that the surgery was done and everything went well.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85947 Feb 15, 2013
Blueminer, I hope everything has improved today. I am glad you are there to keep the peace too. May everyone come together to support your Dad. We are all praying for him and you and your family. Keep us posted.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85948 Feb 15, 2013
Too cute, even the 3/4 BIRDS have attitude..hahaha

These 19 animals are so very, very disappointed in you

Cat and dog shaming had a nice run on the Internet, but who are we kidding? The fact is, animals have been giving us that treatment for years — and they don't have to write the indictment out on a piece of paper to humiliate us. All it takes is a look: disdainful, mournful or PO'd. Didn't feed the cat at 5 o'clock sharp? Posted too many pet pictures on Facebook? Falling down in the ball-throwing department? Yeah, you deserve every one of those looks. Click through the gallery above to see 19 animals that are really disappointed in you.

http://now.msn.com/disappointed-animals-a-pho...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85949 Feb 15, 2013
Berea wrote:
There's no dead birds. Move on.
We are happy about that...feel free to "Move on" yourself. Try the 3 randpaul sites going on since Oct 2010, do you think they are still talking about the paul/conway debates or a woman getting her head stomped on????
Berea

Lexington, KY

#85950 Feb 15, 2013
Whatev.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85951 Feb 15, 2013
Good morning lala, are you getting email???

Location hidden

#85952 Feb 15, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrap some thin mono fishing line around the hook shank then push it down until it's against the barb, it will no longer snag and you can pull out the fish hook with little pain. A little late yes, but now you know,, don't ask how I know.
Thanks, I will remember that for the next time that there is a mishap. How is pup doing. Still hididng biscuits around the house. Hang in there, it will change shortly.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85954 Feb 15, 2013
For the BIRDS:

Birds grow bigger beaks to attract potential mates: Study

Picture: The Smithsonian compared bill size among sparrows to see how it affected mating habits.(Ray Danner)

If you’re a single bird comparing potential mates, size matters. At least, that’s what the results from a recent study suggest.

According to the study, certain species of birds even experience beak growth during mating season.
Conducted by researchers from the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and published in the latest issue of Ecology and Evolution, the study compared beak size and growth by examining X-rays from thousands of horny bills (no pun intended) belonging to a species of tidal marsh sparrows.

“Traditionally, we’ve viewed bill size in terms of how it helps birds eat,” Russell Greenberg, head of SCBI’s Migratory Bird Center and paper co-author, said in a release from the Smithsonian.“By looking at the infrastructure of bird bills using X-rays, we discovered that male bill sizes change seasonally, suggesting that bills play a role in mating and fighting as well."

The beaks are able to experience growth during mating season because they are made of keratin, not bone, said the study, making them similar to fingernails on people. Interestingly, both the male and female bills grow during mating season, though the male bills tend to be larger and experience more substantial growth. The male bills studied were largest during the late spring and smallest during the winter months.

According to the Smithsonian, the study results match a similar study conducted by Washington’s National Zoo last summer, which looked at bill sizes of two subspecies of song sparrows.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/study-fi...

Location hidden

#85955 Feb 15, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
We are happy about that...feel free to "Move on" yourself. Try the 3 randpaul sites going on since Oct 2010, do you think they are still talking about the paul/conway debates or a woman getting her head stomped on????
Never mind about the Rand Paul sites. I happen to like politics. Maybe in my next life I will run for something, other than the toilet. LOL. BTW, I looked at your animal photos and videos and they are very cute. I always click on the links you post. Also, while I remember, please continue to monitor that Louisiana sinkhole. That a whole lot of problem they have down there. I don't think people realize how dangerous and far-reaching it could be. I also looked at some of the recent reports on Fukushima(spelling?) Japanese people have more to worry about that their government isn't telling them. It is also a potential problem for all who live in the northern hemisphere. We are getting elevated radioactive readings in the states, too. Not too terrible right now, but remember, radioactivity is cumulative.

Location hidden

#85956 Feb 15, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For the BIRDS:
Birds grow bigger beaks to attract potential mates: Study
Picture: The Smithsonian compared bill size among sparrows to see how it affected mating habits.(Ray Danner)
If you’re a single bird comparing potential mates, size matters. At least, that’s what the results from a recent study suggest.
According to the study, certain species of birds even experience beak growth during mating season.
Conducted by researchers from the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and published in the latest issue of Ecology and Evolution, the study compared beak size and growth by examining X-rays from thousands of horny bills (no pun intended) belonging to a species of tidal marsh sparrows.
“Traditionally, we’ve viewed bill size in terms of how it helps birds eat,” Russell Greenberg, head of SCBI’s Migratory Bird Center and paper co-author, said in a release from the Smithsonian.“By looking at the infrastructure of bird bills using X-rays, we discovered that male bill sizes change seasonally, suggesting that bills play a role in mating and fighting as well."
The beaks are able to experience growth during mating season because they are made of keratin, not bone, said the study, making them similar to fingernails on people. Interestingly, both the male and female bills grow during mating season, though the male bills tend to be larger and experience more substantial growth. The male bills studied were largest during the late spring and smallest during the winter months.
According to the Smithsonian, the study results match a similar study conducted by Washington’s National Zoo last summer, which looked at bill sizes of two subspecies of song sparrows.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/study-fi...
Makes sense now doesn't it? The same type of things go on in humans. Lips subconsciously trigger a sexual response. Why else does a woman want that "puffy" lip thing going on, and paint their lips red, etc.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85959 Feb 15, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind about the Rand Paul sites. I happen to like politics. Maybe in my next life I will run for something, other than the toilet. LOL. BTW, I looked at your animal photos and videos and they are very cute. I always click on the links you post. Also, while I remember, please continue to monitor that Louisiana sinkhole. That a whole lot of problem they have down there. I don't think people realize how dangerous and far-reaching it could be. I also looked at some of the recent reports on Fukushima(spelling?) Japanese people have more to worry about that their government isn't telling them. It is also a potential problem for all who live in the northern hemisphere. We are getting elevated radioactive readings in the states, too. Not too terrible right now, but remember, radioactivity is cumulative.
Believe me I don't mind those randpaul sites, it is just a reference for those thinking this thread is useless since the birds aren't dropping dead anymore, nothing more. There is three of them and ONE bird thread that has continued on the top of forums that seems to bother people. haha

I will continue to monitor those sinkholes like the earthquakes. There may be a connection and they are a serious threat to all states, not just Louisiana. Very disturbing.

I never believed the truth was being given on that nuclear reactor in Japan after than enormous earthquake. Very disturbing indeed. Plus, I am still seeing the planes spraying. There were two out yesterday zipping across the sky with their chemtrails above the big fluffy clouds in that beautiful blue sky. That disturbs me too. Still think it is possibly shielding us from flares, emp attack etc...or simply just messing with the weather. Many have said after they spray it rains, I am seeing that as a fact pretty much. It usually does rain the next day or two after.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 37 min Billy 4,131
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Uncle Tab 152,798
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr LIbEralS 26,250
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 13 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,160
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Sat Lol 1,069
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Sat BIG_STEVIE 470
Amanda York Sep 12 anonymous777 1
•••
•••
Fort Campbell Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fort Campbell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000