how much do servers make?
HaHacienda

Seattle, WA

#21 May 19, 2013
Ha! I worked at that shithole called Hacienda for a few months. Absolutely NO MONEY to be made there. Hard to get a decent tip when you can feed a fat family of 4 for $30. "More chips and ranch please." It's the kind of place where white trash frequents. They spend 1/4 of their check there every 1st and 15th (tip omitted or at most a very insulting tip is left behind).
Bahaha

Union, KY

#22 May 20, 2013
wellll wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bad at context clues and reading lol. I said its a good job for people who don't have dependents. Not you make more if you're younger and don't have kids and stuff to pay for. And I call insane bs that you make a grand ever weekend. If that were the case EVERYONE would serve lol. I've had the occasional thousand dollar week, but if you're making a grand every weekend you're either awful at math or a giant liar lol. But ya... The person who started this thread is getting no help from you. I tried but the only person replying is you with your blatant lies and your hating corporate restaurants lol. Have fun with your giant piles of cash and your gold played bentleys moneybags lol
I think u should proof read and check ur own context clues! Ya did say what needed paid for, and u have $$1000 weeks.
Git it gurl

Evansville, IN

#23 May 20, 2013
According to my last check I made over 700 in tips within the last 2 weeks. I only claim about HALF of the tips I ACTUALLY make. You can make a lot of money as a server if you have amazing people skills and are willing TO SERVE people (aka kiss folks butt all day all with a smile). I only work all day once a week (35hr wk). I do not work at a steak house..Olive Garden..or Red Lobster. People DO leave 10,15, even 40 tips on a $30 bill but they will only do so if you earn it. I love being a server.
wellll

Newburgh, IN

#24 May 20, 2013
Lol you seriously read that first part incorrectly but going back and re reading it... I could see how you made that out wrong. And ya. I do have the occasional 1000 week. I actually just had one last week.
wellll

Newburgh, IN

#25 May 20, 2013
Seems to me like you went a long time thinking you make more at your mom and pop place than everyone else and are bitter because I go to my corporate place, make more money than you, work 5 shifts a week and have virtually no side work. It's ok. Gerst Haus sounds really good right now tho. Maybe I'll come in and eat in my day off and leave you a big fat tip to brighten your day
Server

Richland, IN

#26 May 20, 2013
Starting out as a new server, you will notice an increase in your money the more you do it. I started at working at a popular chain restaurant, & after a year or so I was unhappy if I didn't walk out of there with atleast $100, regardless of how long I was there (I'm speaking only of night shifts). I've also worked in other states, major cities, etc, & quite a few places here, & I've found the money can always be relatively the same if you are good at what you do. I worked about 50 hours a week serving & made well between $600-$800 a week, & that is here in Evansville, no lie. The people that are claiming you can't make that good of money either are terrible servers or work at shit holes. I've known TONS of people throughout the years who have their degree & still continue to serve/bartend & not get a 'real'(fuck off) job because they make more at what they're currently doing then what a yearly salary would be. Believe it or not you can make $60,000+ a year serving. These jokeshows that say you can't make $100 a night are the type of people who wait on you, & the entire time you are wondering where your server went, what the hell is taking so long, where your silverware is, etc. When you have the job down pat you can bank roll easy.
Bahaha

Union, KY

#27 May 21, 2013
wellll wrote:
Seems to me like you went a long time thinking you make more at your mom and pop place than everyone else and are bitter because I go to my corporate place, make more money than you, work 5 shifts a week and have virtually no side work. It's ok. Gerst Haus sounds really good right now tho. Maybe I'll come in and eat in my day off and leave you a big fat tip to brighten your day
wtf r u talkin bout dumbazz! And u can come to gerst haus all ya want! I gotta few tips for u as well! Don't know who works at gerst haus, but have u ever been there! Lol far from a mom n pops! Think ur just mad cause they ain't corp like ur shitty place and they doin it up!! Ha
Bahaha

Union, KY

#28 May 21, 2013
wellll wrote:
Seems to me like you went a long time thinking you make more at your mom and pop place than everyone else and are bitter because I go to my corporate place, make more money than you, work 5 shifts a week and have virtually no side work. It's ok. Gerst Haus sounds really good right now tho. Maybe I'll come in and eat in my day off and leave you a big fat tip to brighten your day
and seriously doubt u work in a corporate place with no side work, but it's ur lie I'll let u tell it! Lmao oh and why u keep talkin bout gerst? U apply and they shut ur ratchet azz down :)
sweet girl

Tucker, GA

#29 May 21, 2013
Depends wrote:
Servers that make 100 a day have to work both lunch and dinner. Also, you have to get in with the manager who makes the sections out.
Not true in about three hours at the place I work I can make over twohundred easily. Its all about conversation and service.
depends

Union, KY

#30 May 22, 2013
Because you're a "sweet girl." Men an older women don't get $20+ tips on checks under 60. At Rafferty's Rafferty'sI once saw a girl get $20 on a 17 dollar ticket!! The rest of us get between 10-20% no matter ho w good the service. Usually, as a guy, I'm hoping for at least $50 after tip pool.$100+ is extra gravy that involves luck and my entire day.
depends

Union, KY

#31 May 22, 2013
My tablet chopped my post up to shiit
lol

Chicago, IL

#32 May 22, 2013
You can make that maybe on the weekends but during the week there is no way you're pulling $200+ in a three hour shift. I suspect you're one of those too busy talking and flirting with her customers like a stripper after tips and thinks there is no side work because you simply just dont do it. There is side work at every resturaunt it's unavoidable. I think you are really just full of it, dear.
yeah

Chicago, IL

#33 May 22, 2013
MrED wrote:
Bad time of the year to start. Generally, in serving, the colder it is outside the more money you will make. So you're ballin thru the winter but starving during the summer. If u need quick cash go stomach 3 months telemarketing then go get a restaurant job in aug/sept.
Not always true... I serve at a place that has a large patio that has the most business in the summer.
waitress

Union, KY

#34 May 22, 2013
lol wrote:
You can make that maybe on the weekends but during the week there is no way you're pulling $200+ in a three hour shift. I suspect you're one of those too busy talking and flirting with her customers like a stripper after tips and thinks there is no side work because you simply just dont do it. There is side work at every resturaunt it's unavoidable. I think you are really just full of it, dear.
I made 184 last night on 918 sales. Yes, we were slammed but here lately it's been better through the week than the weekends. We have a lot more servers on weekends and only 4 on weekdays. We have at least 45 mins to an hour worth of side work. Believe me or not idc, its the truth. And for what I ran last night, I would be seriously pissed walking out with less. I love being a server and the money. I have done it since I was 16 and think I'm pretty good at it. It's not for everyone, and u do have to take a lot of crap from people. Well worth it in the long run. Hope this helps
dining

Union, KY

#35 May 22, 2013
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always true... I serve at a place that has a large patio that has the most business in the summer.
which side of town is this patio restaurant??
lol

Chicago, IL

#36 May 22, 2013
waitress wrote:
<quoted text>I made 184 last night on 918 sales. Yes, we were slammed but here lately it's been better through the week than the weekends. We have a lot more servers on weekends and only 4 on weekdays. We have at least 45 mins to an hour worth of side work. Believe me or not idc, its the truth. And for what I ran last night, I would be seriously pissed walking out with less. I love being a server and the money. I have done it
since I was 16 and think I'm pretty good at it. It's
not for everyone, and u do have to take a lot of
crap from people. Well worth it in the long run.
Hope this helps
I meant to quote sweetgirl who claims $1000 weeks on 3 hour shifts and zero sidework. And that tip number sounds about right for your sales. I wasn't saying it can't be done because I've been there. Probably where my irritation for the claim of no side work. Good luck, sugar.
waitress

Union, KY

#37 May 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to quote sweetgirl who claims $1000 weeks on 3 hour shifts and zero sidework. And that tip number sounds about right for your sales. I wasn't saying it can't be done because I've been there. Probably where my irritation for the claim of no side work. Good luck, sugar.
thanks, and good luck to you as well!!
Joe Server

Newburgh, IN

#38 May 23, 2013
A lot of you seem to not be in touch with the good servers and places to work in the industry. People who look down on servers and bartenders are the worst. My first job out of college I was left wondering how to live being so broke and was putting in extra hours to get better. My last year of bar-tending, in Evansville, at a corporate restaurant, I made close to $60K. That is after taxes, money in my pocket.

I know not everyone is so fortunate, but it is there. Have fun with your 40K salary jobs and live on that after taxes.
server

Chicago, IL

#39 May 23, 2013
I work at a chain restaurant and do quite well not only because of great service but connecting with my guests and have many regulars I see every week. I know their regular orders and talk about everything with them. I am blessed by them and even get wonderful Christmas gifts every year. I love my job flexible hours good pay and insurance as well. I claimed 32000 last year with average of 35 hours per week. all servers have horror stories including myself but great job to have.
A Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#40 May 24, 2013
After looking at how much money some of these servers make, I have been wasting my time preaching the value of a college education to some of my favorite waitresses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing handicapped girl 11 min Tired of BS 1,978
Does Andrea Gallo still prostitute? 52 min Guy with std 11
Les vincent (Sep '13) 2 hr Evansville Citizens 21
Gia noelle 2 hr come on now 14
Main street book store (Jun '15) 2 hr Payingthepiper 18
Jody Capps WHAT A WASTE OF LIFE 2 hr Absolutely 3
Brandi Lamar wolf 2 hr Weird 4

Fort Branch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Branch Mortgages