Hurting the most disadvantaged?

Hurting the most disadvantaged?

Posted in the Fort Bragg Forum

Abigail Beecher

Webster Springs, WV

#1 Mar 4, 2013
What in the world is going on in Cumberland County school leadership? This was in our local newspaper yesterday, an AP article:

"In North Carolina, Cumberland County Schools superintendent Frank Till, whose districta has a total budget of $450 million and includes Fort Bragg, said he may forfeit about $800,000 for the remainder of the fiscal year, but that his primary concern is what might happen next year, when the district could be out about $3.2 million. "If October comes and they've not restored our money, we'll have to completely eliminate schools from service and certainly have to cut back on staffing", Till said. "We'll have to cut back services to some of our most disadvantaged kids.""

Two comments:
(1) A 3.2 million cut next year amounts to 0.71% of your budget. You can't accommodate a cut of this size when all of your clientele have just suffered a 2% cut in take home pay?
(2) The cuts will cause you to "cut back services to some of our most disadvantaged kids".
Where are your priorities? What you are saying is that our disadvantaged kids are our lowest priority!!
Just Do It

San Jose, CA

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Disadvantaged kids as in pickaninnies.

So be it.

Why throw good money into bad?

A lost cause!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dad of three 'shot dead by police in his own ho... Wed The Truth 2
82nd ABN CSM Amacker (Aug '06) Wed Outside Maintiance 29
News Man in ICU after Fayetteville bar assault Nov 23 DMGK 3
cheating spouse i need help (Apr '14) Nov 23 Brunson 5
Bad Landlord Nov 20 DSH 2
CSM Amacker (Oct '11) Nov 20 Daryl Haner 7
Don't eat at dunkin donuts on base Nov 20 Daryl Haner 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bragg Mortgages