Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34337 Feb 1, 2013
OK everybody, since Mike's boring us to death and apparently I've gotten the boot from Topix for discussing a neutron bomb with TSF, would everybody like a Tim Wilson Video that will offend us all and still is funny?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#34338 Feb 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Waco, he's gone from taking advantage, to abusing the loophole of being a halfwit.
Cuntsaidwhat?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34339 Feb 1, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Your original post claimed 75% of Republicans, 50% of Democrats. Now your posting a link claiming 40%/20%!
Just admit that you made that shit up and we'll call it quits.....straw man.
Many say 47%. I rounded off. Now keep running Forest.

The point was not about republicans verses democrats. The point was Bush pushed a lie about 9/11. Now keep running from the point by playing symantics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34340 Feb 1, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>This quote was pulled directly from the link you provided!!
"The belief in the connection persists even though there has been no proof of a link between the two."
Keep looking!
So no link between the two just means the people were fooled by Bush to think the lie he pushed.
Damn you are to stupid to even understand my point and the point these polls are showing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34341 Feb 1, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Your original post claimed 75% of Republicans, 50% of Democrats. Now your posting a link claiming 40%/20%!
Just admit that you made that shit up and we'll call it quits.....straw man.
If we are playing symantics, you are ignoring the date of the polls and the date of my claim.
But do note, the difference between the parties in this "recent" poll is still a fifty percent difference.

Location hidden

#34342 Feb 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
OK everybody, since Mike's boring us to death and apparently I've gotten the boot from Topix for discussing a neutron bomb with TSF, would everybody like a Tim Wilson Video that will offend us all and still is funny?
Although Mike's stupidity has brought me to tears with laughter, I would to see the video.

Location hidden

#34343 Feb 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Cuntsaidwhat?
You shouldn't talk about your mother like that. Don't know why you're asking me what she said, I don't even know her.

Location hidden

#34344 Feb 1, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly clueless. He is obviously a democratic defector.
Let's just make sure he gets all the guns he needs. That's obviously very Republican. That's why he is one of your loyal supporters.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34345 Feb 1, 2013
Free speech, huh?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#34346 Feb 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
Certainly

Location hidden

#34347 Feb 1, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Although Mike's stupidity has brought me to tears with laughter, I would to see the video.
Here you go:

Location hidden

#34348 Feb 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So no link between the two just means the people were fooled by Bush to think the lie he pushed.
Damn you are to stupid to even understand my point and the point these polls are showing.
Again, here is your original post...
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bush lead the citizens to believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11. Polls show when Bush was reelected, 75% of republicans and 50% of democrats thought that Saddam had ties to 9/11.

Now keep crying wolf, as no one is listening.
Now after all of the links that you have posted, you have failed to supply one that supports your claims! You can supply all of the polls and opinion pieces that your heart desires but the point is you have no proof! Because he mentioned Saddam and 9/11 at the same time....really....that isn't proof, well maybe it's proof of how the govt schools have dumbed down Americans, but it isn't proof that Bush lead citizens believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34349 Feb 1, 2013
mikeisacocksucker.SAY what?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#34350 Feb 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UW8dWpq83qUXX
THAT was funny!! I needed it, worked like a dog today. Dang, we were busy, I never knew .22 ammo was so popular.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#34351 Feb 1, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>THAT was funny!! I needed it, worked like a dog today. Dang, we were busy, I never knew .22 ammo was so popular.
It is when that's about all that is available.

Location hidden

#34352 Feb 1, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It is when that's about all that is available.
Save your brass! We made 9mm today like crazy, seems there are CWP classes everywhere. People buy to qualify. Know anyone looking for a DPMS or Windham let me know!

Location hidden

#34353 Feb 1, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>THAT was funny!! I needed it, worked like a dog today. Dang, we were busy, I never knew .22 ammo was so popular.
Lu, I thought it was funny and it got rid of Mike, so I got a twofer.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#34354 Feb 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait.
So you cannot answer the question? So are you disagreeing with my opinion on whether being empathetic is a good trait?
\

"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
Just like the men folk who have sympathetic "labor pains"
And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait."

-"Sympathizing" as listening to someone's problem while agreeing that the person is right.

-"Empathizing" as listening to someone's problem and emotionally connecting to how the person feels about this problem, without judging whether the person is right or wrong.

Now that we have established the difference between the two, I think answer is pretty clear but I will elaborate. I found this idea and it might help you understand better Mike...

"First thing that I want to share is that sympathy and empathy are not the same thing. Sympathy is about feeling sorry for people and wanting to help them with their problems. When we are in this mode of thinking, we offer suggestions, try to help and worry for them. It is full of phrases like:“Oh, what a shame.”“That’s too bad.”“That’s awful.” Empathy on the other hand, is about understanding the difficulties and pain that someone is going through, without getting involved. It has more neutral phrases like:“That can be a very challenging problem or situation.”“That seems to be very painful.”“You seem to be struggling with it.” You’re acknowledging other people’s problems without owning them.

That difference is very important for a psychic person because we have a tendency to take on the problems of the world as our own. It is important not to do this because we are less likely to want to help them. And helping other people is what makes us feel good about ourselves. To put this another way: If we want to feel good about ourselves and help people, then we have to learn how to have empathy without sympathy. We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them."

The most important statement in all of that is...

"We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them"

All democrats are trying to live others problems and fix them with out being asked...like gun control, taxing the wealthy, entitlement programs...

Most republicans don't follow the democrats notion because we expect people to help themselves, then help others. You disagree, of course, for whatever reason.

I think your misunderstanding of sympathy and empathy are some of the reasons why you disagree with how my wife and I raised our kids. Which you can have your opinion, but, you don't have a say. I asked for an address and you renig'd. So, you don't get a say.

And contrary to what you might think Mike, we ALL see and know you are not an expert on everything. We ALL see how much of a coward and full of shit you really are.

I'd tell you to go eat a dick, but I know you'd enjoy it convict.

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2009/07/15...

Location hidden

#34355 Feb 1, 2013
Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive
I've just learned that Washington, D.C.'s petition for a rehearing of the Parker case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit was denied today. This is good news. Readers will recall in this case that the D.C. Circuit overturned the decades-long ban on gun
ownership in the nation's capitol on Second Amendment grounds.

However, as my colleague Peter Ferrara explained in his National Review On line article following the initial decision in March, it looks very likely that the United States Supreme Court will take the case on appeal. When it does so - beyond seriously considering the clear original intent of the Second Amendment to protect an individual's right to armed self-defense - the justices of the U.S. Supreme Court would be wise to take into account the findings of a recent study out of Harvard.

The study, which just appeared in Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694), set out to answer the question in its title: "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases.

The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe.

If the mantra "more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death" were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates.(p. 661)

Finally, and as if to prove the bumper sticker correct - that "gun don't kill people, people do" - the study also shows that Russia's murder rate is four times higher than the U.S. and more than 20 times higher than Norway. This, in a country that practically eradicated private gun ownership over the course of decades of totalitarian rule and police state methods of suppression. Needless to say, very few Russian murders involve guns.

[P]er capita murder overall is only half as frequent in the United States as in several other nations where gun murder is rarer, but murder by strangling, stabbing, or beating is much more frequent.(p. 663 - emphases in original)

It is important to note here that Profs. Kates and Mauser are not pro-gun zealots. In fact, they go out of their way to stress that their study neither proves that gun control causes higher murder rates nor that increased gun ownership necessarily leads to lower murder rates.(Though, in my view, Prof. John Lott's More Guns, Less Crime does indeed prove the latter.) But what is clear, and what they do say, is that gun control is ineffectual at preventing murder, and apparently counter productive.

Not only is the D.C. gun ban ill-conceived on constitutional grounds, it fails to live up to its purpose. If the astronomical murder rate in the nation's capitol, in comparison to cities where gun ownership is permitted, didn't already make that fact clear, this study out of Harvard should.
Bruser

Location hidden

#34356 Feb 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, I thought it was funny and it got rid of Mike, so I got a twofer.
Congrats, I hope it works:). Sheetrock the Alamo, too much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a Wiccan or Pagan please Dec 23 Ghostbusters 2
Man charged with choking Fayetteville officer d... Dec 23 steven spivey 1
Transgender Dating in Fayetteville Dec 22 Rascal 1
Kratom In Fayetteville Dec 21 KratomLover 1
Sgt Tim Hennis & murder case (Jan '09) Dec 20 MikeH 5
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) Dec 18 Steve 613
The Fayetteville Gay Community Has A Long Way T... Dec 18 Tom Davis 3
Fort Bragg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web