Fort Bragg soldier dies at NC base

Fort Bragg soldier dies at NC base

There are 23 comments on the News Observer story from Jul 22, 2008, titled Fort Bragg soldier dies at NC base. In it, News Observer reports that:

The Army is investigating the death of a paratrooper who died over the weekend at his North Carolina base.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
myrak

Saxapahaw, NC

#1 Jul 28, 2008
Beginning to sound like the summer of 2002 when 5 Fort Bragg spouses were murdered by their husbands, wife, and step-daughter. Should Fort Bragg come with a warning sign: Enter at your own risk?
wondering

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Jul 28, 2008
It is interesting that no further info has been released on cause of death.
flim-flam

Saxapahaw, NC

#3 Jul 28, 2008
A 3 yr old Ft Bragg boy was life flighted from Womack to UNC Chapel Hill where he died. The doctor said the child's injuries was inconsistent with a fall. FBI investigating - why? Anyway- there was no further media report on the child. I once heard an nbc17 reporter say "our job is to make Ft Bragg look good." I wondered why their job wasn't to report the facts.

There are quite a few deaths of soldiers on Ft Bragg. Christopher Pease (sp) died and his Mom got the usual Ft Bragg HIT treament. HIT Harass Intimidate and Threaten. She was upset (a mom whose child had died) and all she wanted to know was what he died from. She reported that she got upset and said 'do i have to threaten the president to get an answer.' She said within 10 minutes the secret service was there. Ft Bragg either doesn't care or can't care. Either way, it begs the question - why.
usmc smitty

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2008
this is about my cousin luke brown, got help those who did this if i ever find them
smile-n-jam

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Sep 10, 2008
usmc smitty wrote:
this is about my cousin luke brown, got help those who did this if i ever find them
i miss luke <3
Army Mom

United States

#6 Sep 28, 2008
I met Luke at Fort Huachcua. He was a close friend of my son. I am deeply saddened by his untimely death and need to know that his murderers are being persued and brought to justice, but there is no information on what is being done or why such an outstanding young man was murdered. I was very upset when my son failed airborn. He was reassigned to the 101st and sent to Afghanistan. I wished he had stayed with Luke on Fort bragg. Now, I am glad he failed. I wish Luke had faied too!
Fort Bragg has an unacceptable number of murdered soldiers.
Rest in peace, Luke. You are missed and thought of and will NEVER be forgotten!

Since: Oct 08

Macomb, MI

#7 Oct 9, 2008
I pray that we never get order's to pcs to this base.
dont need to know

Lumberton, NC

#8 Oct 13, 2008
he was messing around with a gun and it went off, it was his own fault!
dont need to know

Lumberton, NC

#9 Oct 13, 2008
82nd is an amazing place to serve! this guy was not what caliber on soldier we. I will stand up for my unit and base. We are Paratroopers, a more elite soldier! This guy was in my unit and was not a stand up soldier. Please don't let his actions reflect this unit!
dont need to know

Lumberton, NC

#10 Oct 13, 2008
Some how these of out of order. there was another shooting. A guy was messing around with a gun and it went off. A whole different instance.
Randi

Fayetteville, NC

#11 Oct 18, 2008
I knew Luke, worked with him at one of the local clubs here in Fayetteville while he was a bouncer in his off time. i also went out with him a few times in large groups on our nights off and i can not think of a single second when I had a bad time. Luke was always so happy and so full of life. He was a great guy and an EXCELLENT soldier. I grew up here and have been a military brat my whole life. Not all these knuckleheaded soldiers in the 82nd and 101st are "stand-up" soldiers, but i respect them for what they do for our country. It's people like Luke that give this place and good rep, and to try and demean that because of the senseless act of some idiot is just plain wrong. Luke was a great guy, and I love him and miss him dearly!
flimflam

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2008
Fort Bragg Army Post, Fayetteville NC
Enter at your own risk !!
Fayetteville was named this year as the 3rd Worst Metro Town to Raise a Family. Clarksville TN was number 1 - both are towns to large Army Posts.
sweetpea

Leesburg, VA

#13 Dec 9, 2008
dont need to know wrote:
he was messing around with a gun and it went off, it was his own fault!
Not even close - no gun even involved. What a stupid thing to say.
john b

Fayetteville, NC

#14 Dec 9, 2008
dont need to know wrote:
Some how these of out of order. there was another shooting. A guy was messing around with a gun and it went off. A whole different instance.
Hey are you retarded you are talking about the wrong person get your facts straight before you start talking about stuff. He did not shot himself and there is know way you were in his unit so stop talking about things you have no clue whats going on.
take ur army

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Dec 10, 2008
the only people who know nething are the ones who were there, now it looks like the Army is just throwing around stuff, for appearance. But really, are the right people being charged, whos story do you believe, is the command just going to save face, how far has this been invistaged, whos getting away scott free, whos lying, etc...
The right questions are being answered!
take ur army

Fayetteville, NC

#16 Dec 10, 2008
arent being answered
lwinger13

AOL

#17 Mar 7, 2009
I was the notifcation officer for the Brown Family. I assure you the Army is not in any way shape or form trying to not release info on PFC Luke Brown's murder. I met most of his family when I had to notify his mother and father. This was the hardest thing I have had to do in 24 years in the Army to tell a mother that her son is dead. I was honored to do this as well to ensure that this family had this done with respect, and caring. I assure you those of us involved withthe Brown Family from Fort Belvoir will be there to help adn support them in any way they need us. I hope the Brown family sees justice prevail and those who are responsible are sent to prison for a VERY long time. In fact send them to mine, I would love to incarcerate them.

LTC Lisa Winger
LG, USAR
LT Lisa Winger
Federal Bureau of Prisons
dec117

Willingboro, NJ

#18 Mar 19, 2009
Doesn't anyone see the supidity in taking this guy out "drinking" to celebrate his completion of a substance abuse program? It became an unfortunate accident and I feel sorry for everyone involved.

Since: Mar 09

Warren, RI

#19 Mar 21, 2009
flimflam wrote:
Fort Bragg Army Post, Fayetteville NC
Enter at your own risk !!
Fayetteville was named this year as the 3rd Worst Metro Town to Raise a Family. Clarksville TN was number 1 - both are towns to large Army Posts.
Ft. Irwin, California is the worst post we have ever been sent to. If you want to know what it is like to drive amongst drunks, just go there. People of all ranks are drinking and driving on that post. The prices through AAFES and the Commissary are ridiculous. The nearest civilian place to shop is about an hour away. Two hours away if you prefer not to shop in the ghetto town of Barstow.

Anyway, back to the topic. I hate stories like these because most of the time we don't hear the outcome. Makes me think something shady is going on.
lived_ there

Odenton, MD

#20 May 6, 2009
myrak wrote:
Beginning to sound like the summer of 2002 when 5 Fort Bragg spouses were murdered by their husbands, wife, and step-daughter. Should Fort Bragg come with a warning sign: Enter at your own risk?
Yes!!!! Everybody wants to be a gangster... Soldiers coming back with issues... unfortunately... I am so glad I left...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OPINION: U.S. election holds lessons for us Fri Northern fence 4
News Universal Forest Products closes five plants, p... (Jan '08) Jan 18 Madoff zionism 19
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) Jan 18 Nobody 656
News 13 MLK Day Celebrations and Observances in Char... Jan 16 MLK eh 1
News Charlotte Lit celebrates centennial of Carson M... Jan 12 Will Dockery 14
Mud Sharks at Golds Gym in Hope Mills Jan 9 Former First Group 4
Ft Bragg Battallion Commander Tisdale Probaby H... (Jun '12) Dec 28 Murph 11

Fort Bragg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bragg Mortgages