Motorcycle accident on Morganton Rd y...

Motorcycle accident on Morganton Rd yesterday

Posted in the Fort Bragg Forum

Lauren

Durham, NC

#1 Aug 20, 2009
I was driving down Morganton and I saw a guy laying on the sidewalk next to the road and his bike was up the street. Police and ambulance came and he looked really messed up. Does anyone know what happened to him?
You silly person

Deltona, FL

#2 Aug 20, 2009
The motorcycle wanted to take an alternate route and the rider firmly disagreed (which he always had a problem doing). The two had a short spat in which the motorcyle had the last word. The two have since parted ways and are both attempting to live the remainder of their lives in bliss.
FED UP

Pinehurst, NC

#3 Aug 20, 2009
You silly person wrote:
The motorcycle wanted to take an alternate route and the rider firmly disagreed (which he always had a problem doing). The two had a short spat in which the motorcyle had the last word. The two have since parted ways and are both attempting to live the remainder of their lives in bliss.
i hope you are enjoying yourself at others expense and pain. Rider we are praying for you.
Steve

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I was at the rec center near Morganton and heard the accident. I do know the ambulance went n with its lights onaand ou with its lights off.
Don

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Dec 4, 2012
I was on my way to a call for my job and just turned right on to Morganton headed to some apartments just past Bonanza. I watched this accident happen and called 911. I am a certified first responder but was driving a van and if I would have slammed on my break they would have needed a much larger rescue crew.

It looked like to motorcycle didn't have his/her light on and the sedan turning left to what I think was the back of Little Caesar's seemed to have done everything right. I know they stopped before turning and had their lights and turn signal on.

I swear I was blasted with pieces of the bike after it exploded and went flying down Morganton. I looked in my mirror and I just knew that rider was a goner. I finally pulled over safely while talking to the 911 dispatcher. I could tell from the different sirens that they were on their way and rushed the rider to Cape Fear but I highly doubt they ever made it.

I don't care who you pray to or believe in, but for the holidays please keep those involved in your heart.
bystander

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Dec 11, 2012
I was the second person to get to the rider. There were several qualified bystanders to help immediately. He was hurt badly, but never lost consciousness and had movement in his legs. Ambulance arrived extremely quickly and I believe the rider survived as there was no report of a fatality in the paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mellow Mushroom 18 hr Rocky 1
Review: Tint Plus (Oct '11) 19 hr Arlene 10
The Fayetteville Gay Community Has A Long Way T... (Sep '14) Apr 24 Tom Davis 11
News Richard David Perez and Justin Ryan Vasquez (Oct '10) Apr 17 Bella 54
Debate: Marijuana - Fayetteville, NC (Aug '10) Apr 15 Iesha 276
Spring Lake Times (Archives)? (Nov '13) Apr 9 TAB 2
Sassy Nails Spa Apr 7 NancyVegas 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bragg Mortgages