Retired officer shares his knowledge ...

Retired officer shares his knowledge on homelessness and why many veterans are at risk

There are 1 comment on the Mendocino Beacon story from May 23, 2013, titled Retired officer shares his knowledge on homelessness and why many veterans are at risk. In it, Mendocino Beacon reports that:

Almost 25 percent of the U.S. homeless population is veterans. The Veterans' Affairs Office projects that figure could rise to 50 percent in four years, said Rodger Ruge, a retired law enforcement officer, crisis counselor and author, during his "Crisis Intervention Training: Putting a Face on Mental Illness" sessions in Fort Bragg and Mendocino ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mendocino Beacon.

Lydia D York

Washington, DC

#1 May 24, 2013
We know what the problems are, we know whose directly affected; But, I'm convinced that until specific lawmakers and Department Heads (like Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan) are held to task for their negligence, the problems of homelessness will continue indefinitely. These groups and departments can't keep getting gross amounts of taxpayer funds, yet not applying them to the people who desperately need them. That's immoral, illegal and disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amy Salo - Ft. Bragg Advocate-News (Aug '09) May 20 Ella casey 6
Marlene A. (Sep '17) Apr '18 Not surprised 2
Mendocino Music Thread (Oct '13) Apr '18 Musikologist 10
News Officials: SUV that fell in river belonged to m... Apr '18 Jayson French 1
News Ukiah couple and alleged trimmer caught with se... (Oct '10) Apr '18 The Fool 39
News Glance at the Past - Ft. Bragg Advocate-News (Aug '09) Apr '18 Jim Halk 6
News Brake failure, a blown tire? Search for clues i... Mar '18 Kilroy 4

Fort Bragg Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Bragg Mortgages