Trich

Hanford, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

A young girl died Monday morning at Reggae Rising, I'm trying to find details but can't. She died really close to where I was sleeping(about 30ft away) and the only thing I was able to find out is that her name was Molly, she was young, my guess is early twenties. It was said that she drank alcohol throughout the festival and mixed it with Molly(MDMA) on the last night. She was found in her tent and was probably dead before the medical team arrived, but they tried to necessitate her and I believe they gave up at about 2:00pm.
ON Site at Incident at RR

Ukiah, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Yes, you are correct about the death, probably a drug related issue. It is a coroner's case and the cause will come out later. My love and concern to all of you that were close by. The Jah Med and Security team, along with other festival staff were there giving comfort to those who were close by till 10pm Monday night. If you find yourself stressed by having a death occur so close to you, please talk to someone or find a counselor from you local mental health crisis line or school.

Please remember to party responsibly, keep you friends close and if they are going to far, get help. Be safe, a Jah Med volunteer.
purplemist

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

she is named Molly and she was 21 or so I didn't know her well, but I did know her from party's and she was a nice girl too; I hope her family is a peace and know that she's in heaven with the Angels now.
judy

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

this is a tragedy beyond words...I am a good friend of the family and would like to inform all those who knew Molly that there will be a memorial service for her on Saturday. Meet at Flowery School about 12:30-1:00 and there will be a shuttle to a private residence. The event will be from 1-4:00. The details of her death are very scarce and anyone who was with Molly in those last hours needs to share that info with the family...please.
alia

South San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

yes i was there from the moment that jah med was called till the moment they decided her heart would not hold a beat. i have been looking for more information on the situation since i left her friends around 3 pm monday i watched the earth lose a wonderful person and heaven gain one . for whatever the reason was that we lost molly i am very sorry but know that she would of wanted us to celebrate her life not slug around and be miserable.... my friends and i who where all raised in sonoma and most of us went to creekside high where we weekly would all hang out together want to put together some sort of celebration and we are asking for donations i will post more information after
with love to all those who are missing a loved one but the thing we should all remember is that the world is a FUCKED up place and she is no longer in pain and is with her father
Maureen

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Miss Molly was the daughter of my brother, Joseph. I am overwhelmed with sadness at our terrible loss, as are all of our family mmbers. Molly was a beautiful and talented young lady who left us much too soon. I will never forget her loving kindness to us when we visited from NJ in the year 2000. Molly was the apple of her father's eye. Joe always spoke so proudly of her whether it was her preschool accomplishments, her soccer success, or her college aspirations. We will never forget her. Yes, it is some small consolation that she is with her loving father. Please pray for all of us survivors and I will be praying for all of you.
Callie

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

I was at Reggae Rising and although I did not know her I wanted to express my sadness over the situation. I am so sorry to her family and friends. I hope this is taken seriously and as example to the people that bring those kinds of drugs into a place like this. This world is fucked up and we need to protect the youth of America. Spread love and peace not drugs like MDMA, cocaine, and other drugs that should not have been a part of Reggae Rising.
Derrick

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I just want 2say that I was with Molly the whole weekend we ended up being camping neighbors and my friends and Molly and her friends we all hot it off right away and became really close over the weekend we hung out pretty much the whole time ate together all of that stuff. Ya we were drinking and smoking and stuff but nothing n a ridiculousness amount and we all shared n did around the same amount besides Molly I didn't think she was doing much of anything besides maybe drinking and the whole weekend she was like the Mom of the group taking care og us making sure we had been eating and drinking lots of water n even giving everyone vitamins we hung out until sun afternoon when she ran into her friend she was looking for the whole festival n that was the last time I seen her alive the next morn on mon I woke up 2 hearing code blu n it was from are campsite n it was Molly so we started to give her CPR until the medics got there and she aspirated in her sleep sorry 4 just writing about this I just seen it and sorry I couldn't make it 2 her funeral she was an awesome irie person and will b missed by a lot of people she touched a lot of people's hearts with her caring and sense of humor we only new her 4 the weekend and we were already making plans 2 hangout again with the group and mon morning we were going 2 take a group picture sadly it never happened. She will b missed n we all shall meet again in the afterlife goodbye everyone sorry 2 the family n friends I hope u all stay safe Peacout n everyone try to stay Irie k
jjj

Panorama City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Reggae is supposed to be about enjoying some good music and herb. Maybe a brew or two. MMDA? That's bathtub garbage from Babylon brothers and sisters. Has the culture deviated that much from it's real roots? This is a serious wakeup call for everyone. No festival is worth having if innocent people are going to freaking DIE over some stupid pharmaceutical. All this shrugging it off as some sort of God ordained event is just crazy. That whole Humboldt scene is just too awash in money to resist tampering with really dangerous substances. Heroin, Xtasy and Cocaine are Satan's way of sucking your soul dry. And sometimes they just finish you off out of nowhere. A real damned shame on every level. These kids need some genuine Rasta guidance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fort Bragg News Video

•••
•••

Fort Bragg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fort Bragg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••