Bayview CafA1 2 evicted, gone - Mendo...

Bayview CafA1 2 evicted, gone - Mendocino Beacon

There are 3 comments on the Mendocino Beacon story from Mar 29, 2012, titled Bayview CafA1 2 evicted, gone - Mendocino Beacon. In it, Mendocino Beacon reports that:

The Bayview CafA1 2 sign. Teresa Shumaker photo. "25 years and we are kicked to the curb," Jim Jones,business owner of the Bayview CafA1 2, said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mendocino Beacon.

Cory Wisnia

Norco, CA

#1 Mar 29, 2012
I read about this with some sadness. After living (and teaching) in Mendocino for over 25 years, and then moving to SoCal, we visit each year, and go to the Bayview Cafe at least once or more for breakfast. Mr. Jones is a caring restaurant owner. Mendocino needs more restaurants along Main St, not less. I remember when there were more places to have a great meal in Mendocino. Remember the Seagull and Sip 'n Sup and others? I hope another space is found within the Village.
Jasmine Jones

Fort Bragg, CA

#2 Mar 29, 2012
Words cannot describe the heart break and devastation that we feel. For those of you who do not know me, I am Jim's daughter. The Bay View has been in my life since I was 7 years old, and my 16 month year old son has been there just about every day of his life. My family depended upon that wonderful restaurant, and without it, we have no idea what we will do. It wasn't just a single owner that has been kicked out, my entire family has been torn from its home.
My dad never missed paying any rent and has been a loyal tenant all these past 25 years. I feel that whoever the "management entity" is that has advised Loisjean to kick us out, should be held accountable for this. Who in their right mind would decide to kick out a family that has been running a legendary restaurant for 25 years. In this economy where many local businesses have been forced to close because they couldn't make it work anymore, we were making it work. Even in the lowest economic slumps, we have made it work and been able to stay, but now we have been forced out... And why? We were never given any explanation or valid reason. Nobody would speak to us, or tell us the truth.
To the person or people who are behind getting us kicked out, I say to you, Shame on you for what you have done, Karma will get you in the end. Here are two great Buddhist quotes that I think speak volumes,"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
Roy

Los Altos, CA

#3 Sep 17, 2012
No matter what replaces Bayview,we will never go there. For 25 years we have always finished our Winesong trip with breakfast at Bayview Cafe

Our routine,like many other Winesong visitors, was Friday night dinner at Cafe Beaujolais or Ukiah and Bayview on Sunday morning.

Mendocino without Bayview is not really worth visiting. Now we will eat in Fort Bragg or go to Ledson, Little River, or Stevenswood.

We will also post more widely on the Web. Perhaps the building owner will consider her actions, but its more likely she won't tell a new vendor that they may get bad publicity from tourist Websites.

Roy
Silicon Valley visitor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News H1N1 free clinics scheduled; open to everyone (Feb '10) Jul 17 the fear tator 16
Sunn Acoustics (Jun '14) Jul 1 Jerry Albasleeze 6
freaky old maN-mini cooper Jun 30 kaylee ayala 10
i ask before who or what is halloween mini cooper Jun 30 its me again 1
Trump Statue Arrives Jun 22 trump4everalways 1
beware of these druggies with sociopathic and n... Jun 22 annie oklet 5
IT's so hot!!! Jun '17 Jase Warner 2

Fort Bragg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bragg Mortgages