Covelo man kills intruder during apparent marijuana robbery

Nov 17, 2011 Full story: Petaluma360 14

A Mendocino County man killed an intruder who broke into his rural home near Covelo early Thursday, likely searching for marijuana, investigators said.

Full Story
laytonville guy

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2011
To bad he didn't get both of them.
FB Grannie

Alameda, CA

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Hope they confiscated the weed too! Get a real job. How stupid can you be putting children at risk of thingslike this. I hope they charge him with some degree of homiside.

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Nov 22, 2011
FB Grannie wrote:
Hope they confiscated the weed too! Get a real job. How stupid can you be putting children at risk of thingslike this. I hope they charge him with some degree of homiside.
Homocide??? for protecting his family and property??? Would you have said this if the intruders were after his TV, jewelry or money? It's not his fault that these punks broke into his home. He deserves a medal, not a prison sentence.
Mendo is overated

Laytonville, CA

#4 Dec 1, 2011
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Homocide??? for protecting his family and property??? Would you have said this if the intruders were after his TV, jewelry or money? It's not his fault that these punks broke into his home. He deserves a medal, not a prison sentence.
The intruder got what he deserved! But this asshat does not derserve a medal! He deserves to go to prison. I am tired of all these low life deadbeats on the welfare and assistance programs, the growers and their kids who have enough money to have a diesel truck and cash on hand milking the taxpayer!

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Dec 2, 2011
Mendo is overated wrote:
<quoted text>
The intruder got what he deserved! But this asshat does not derserve a medal! He deserves to go to prison. I am tired of all these low life deadbeats on the welfare and assistance programs, the growers and their kids who have enough money to have a diesel truck and cash on hand milking the taxpayer!
What makes you think the guy was on welfare??? Nothing in the story stated as such. Beleive in stereotypes much?? The guy who broke in was probably more apt to be on welfare than the guy growing. Also, if there was no federal prohibition on cannabis , teh grower could be licensed, selling to the public, and making money so there would be no need for any type of assistance.
UJugdementalPrix

San Jose, CA

#6 Dec 2, 2011
Mendo is overated wrote:
<quoted text>
You AND SF Granny ought to shut-the-hell-up, seriously. Getting robbed is not a choice nor an indication of ANYTHING lacking in the VICTIMS character.*I* am up on charges of "Armed during Felony" for my legal 25 plants producing more than I ever dreamed, and the fact that I own legal, registered firearms that I would indeed use to protect my life in the event of ANY home invasion or life-threat.*I* RAGE against welfare abuse. I am broke-as-a-joke and have 35k in debt with now another 25k or so to donate to a lawyer and/or "eradication fees". I qualify for every free thing from the state possible short of handicapped parking, and I could probably even get that. Yet I take NOTHING. I donate to charity. I foster animals. I spent my alleged 'drug money' rescuing after Katrina. I opened two businesses for, and supported, two families in Thailand before I was mentally and financially destroyed for having pot in MY HOUSE. Had someone come into my home armed and with ill-intent, I would have used my gun to allow me to escape, fuck the weed. And- I WOULD NOT BELONG IN PRISON! IGNORANT FILL-IN-THE-BLANKS-WITH-PREJUD ICES, KNOW-IT-ALL LOUD-MOUTH IDIOTS LIKE *YOU* BELONG IN PRISON for all the damage you do in the world, spouting your uninformed mouths off like you have some sort of authoritative knowledge on issues you are CLUELESS about.*FUCK*-*YOU*
UJugdementalPrix

San Jose, CA

#7 Dec 2, 2011
FB Grannie wrote:
"How stupid could you be?" Try--stupid enough to go out and spell 'Homicide' with an 'S' and then expect your following, baseless opinion to be taken as intelligent. THAT'S about as "stupid as you can be"
Mendo is overated

Laytonville, CA

#8 Dec 5, 2011
UJugdementalPrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You AND SF Granny ought to shut-the-hell-up, seriously. Getting robbed is not a choice nor an indication of ANYTHING lacking in the VICTIMS character.*I* am up on charges of "Armed during Felony" for my legal 25 plants producing more than I ever dreamed, and the fact that I own legal, registered firearms that I would indeed use to protect my life in the event of ANY home invasion or life-threat.*I* RAGE against welfare abuse. I am broke-as-a-joke and have 35k in debt with now another 25k or so to donate to a lawyer and/or "eradication fees". I qualify for every free thing from the state possible short of handicapped parking, and I could probably even get that. Yet I take NOTHING. I donate to charity. I foster animals. I spent my alleged 'drug money' rescuing after Katrina. I opened two businesses for, and supported, two families in Thailand before I was mentally and financially destroyed for having pot in MY HOUSE. Had someone come into my home armed and with ill-intent, I would have used my gun to allow me to escape, fuck the weed. And- I WOULD NOT BELONG IN PRISON! IGNORANT FILL-IN-THE-BLANKS-WITH-PREJUD ICES, KNOW-IT-ALL LOUD-MOUTH IDIOTS LIKE *YOU* BELONG IN PRISON for all the damage you do in the world, spouting your uninformed mouths off like you have some sort of authoritative knowledge on issues you are CLUELESS about.*FUCK*-*YOU*
Touched a nerve their asshat! Simple facts are that the MAJORITY of growers are on welfare. If you are in this type of business, expect bad things to happen. I know this area well, I only see a handful of people working honestly. This area is a rural ghetto! And its caused by the marijuana culture! The MAJORITY are against everything the supposedly support! Where is the compassion for the unhealthy? Comes at a price right? Save Mother Earth? But how are you supposed to do that when your dumping are you fertilizers in the creeks? Generators running nonstop? Seasonal trimmers coming in and littering everywhere? Look at all the waste that is left behind from growers! But lets remember its a natural organic plant? Ya right! Totally harmless, right? Tell that to the child that was there when this stuff went down. The truth of the matter is a criminal had way more marijuana than what the intentions of the law were. Another criminal tried to rob him. The robber got what he deserved! Next thing THAT should happen is the parents go to jail for child endangerment, drug possession with the intent to sell, and dig a little deeper I imagine welfare fraud. And as far as your problems, get a REAL job MR. HUMANITARIAN of the YEAR! Or is it Captain Planet? Or is it "I am the exception to the rule!"
Mendo is overated

Laytonville, CA

#9 Dec 5, 2011
UJugdementalPrix wrote:
<quoted text>
"How stupid could you be?" Try--stupid enough to go out and spell 'Homicide' with an 'S' and then expect your following, baseless opinion to be taken as intelligent. THAT'S about as "stupid as you can be"
Oh yeah, its not a baseless opinion by the way. 100 pounds of pot in house. More than whats needed for the next few years. Dirtbag 2 and 3 try to rob for 100 pounds. Dirtbag 2 dead. Child in house where crime takes place. These are facts, not opinions. My opinions are that the guns were probably not in a secure place. Dirtbag 3 should of have got shot as well. And Dirtbag 1(grower) needs to go to jail.
Mendo is overated

Laytonville, CA

#10 Dec 5, 2011
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think the guy was on welfare??? Nothing in the story stated as such. Beleive in stereotypes much?? The guy who broke in was probably more apt to be on welfare than the guy growing. Also, if there was no federal prohibition on cannabis , teh grower could be licensed, selling to the public, and making money so there would be no need for any type of assistance.
Sure thing! But it is prohibited! I am tired of seeing these rural areas go down the drain. These growers have kids who go to school with a handful of twenties that reek of marijuana, but yet the kids get a free lunch! And licensed to sell to who? Last thing I need is a guy high as a kite driving next to me and my kids on the highway. Compassionate care for pain relief? Ha, heroin makes the pain go away too! But marijuana is natural, right? Not when its juiced up and nowhere close to the original. But there is no money in that! And stereotypes do fit most of the time! Show me one grower who is really responsible and honest. One who really cares about the "cause". One who is doing some charity work, volunteering, telling kids the real truth that marijuana is an addictive drug, who gives back to their community. And i will show you the hundred who are the exact opposite! Except for Mr. Save Thailand guy, he is a real saint!
MeNdo Liven

Santa Rosa, CA

#11 Mar 10, 2012
Do you all know the funny thing is about all these comments is ?Everyone here is the reason why marijuana is good and bad! Because if you all would just mind your own business in the first place it wouldn't even matter right! And for those people who wish for this individual to get a prison term then you are condoning for these kids to be left like orphans. I spit on that comment for the fact that comment makes you a killer just as well! Maybe you all are who belong in prison. You are not God to be putting judgement like that on people.
Mendo is overated

Laytonville, CA

#12 Mar 13, 2012
MeNdo Liven wrote:
Do you all know the funny thing is about all these comments is ?Everyone here is the reason why marijuana is good and bad! Because if you all would just mind your own business in the first place it wouldn't even matter right! And for those people who wish for this individual to get a prison term then you are condoning for these kids to be left like orphans. I spit on that comment for the fact that comment makes you a killer just as well! Maybe you all are who belong in prison. You are not God to be putting judgement like that on people.
If someones business affects myself or my wellbeing than I do have a right to opine that! Fact is that the drug culture is a grimy business. You can keep professing of all the benefits, but the cons outweigh them all. And I do truly feel sorry for the kids. But what is this "parent" really teaching them? And how does my comment make me a killer? If this person puts his children in a drug house, he should keep them? What if it was a crack house? Still feel the same way? Either way sounds like the kids would be better off with a real role model. The only thing you have that is valid is that I am not God. Very correct! But I am a honest, taxpaying, make a real living type of person who is fed up with the BS! You ever go to the store in town and see how many woman are paying with foodstamps while their dirtbag dreadlocked boyfriend is loafing around. Kids are already living off my tax dollar. But keep looking out through your rose colored " taxpayer funded" glasses that you have!
Eel

San Mateo, CA

#13 Mar 14, 2012
I totally agree with the above stated.
the vigilant replier

Eugene, OR

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Mendo is overated wrote:
<quoted text>
a medal for commiting welfare fraud also? most of these people collect government benefits without ever paying into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014 Thu Here Is One 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014 Oct 21 Here Is One 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014 Oct 18 Here Is One 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014 Oct 11 Here Is One 1
Code Enforcement running wild Oct 6 fq ed mcguillicud 5
Satanists!!! (Feb '14) Oct 6 Hopalong 2
Northern Mendocino County arrest reports for Oc... Oct 4 Here Is One 1

Fort Bragg News Video

Fort Bragg Dating
Find my Match