Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,361 - 159,380 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 37 min ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182521 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh...X Box...you really need to expand your thinking skills.
Regnerus did not study children born or adopted into same-sex parent families, only those who seem to recollect one of their parents ever having a same-sex relationship.
Regnerus compared that group, most of which had experienced family dissolution, only to stable, married, opposite-sex families — i.e. he compared unstable to intact.
Regnerus ignored whether the children lived with or were raised by the parents who had a same-sex relationship.
Regnerus only identified these “gay” parents based on the recollection of the children, not based on how the parents actually identify or live their lives.
Most of the factors Regnerus analyzes were adult outcomes, not childhood outcomes, and could very well have had nothing to do with the relationships of the children’s parents.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182522 Mar 4, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, Dan wants to chime in and protect the equally irrelevant Rose.
I'm sorry that both Rose and you have such trouble accepting what the courts have said. I guess you don't like the DOMA ruling anymore huh?
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Dan thinks the court said you need to "get a grip Skippy"!

And he thinks they said "freedom to marry can easily be seen as a right"!

And "freedoms on how to live as long as they don't harm others were at the crux of the forming of our government"! Or such some silly sh!t.

TOO Funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182523 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the Brown's suit is NOT asking for decriminalization of polygamy. Why do you continue to lie about it?
http://fox13now.com/2013/02/20/polygamous-fam...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182524 Mar 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be.
But funny thing....you won't see me in here for the next few months like you.
And give this some thought....gays will have mine, Clint Eastwood, the President's and others support to marry despite your angst. Go crawl in the hole you emerged from loser...LOL!!!
Gays have my support too.

The only thing I don't like about that fact is that I'm on the same side as a hot headed dumbass like you.

The bottom line is, I support marriage equality, you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182525 Mar 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a life as well loser.
Who but some loser punk like you would spit venom at a group of people like gays whom have nothing to do with you nor cause harm and are looking for a basic right to live their lives freely yet you just don't like it.
I'll bet my penny collection there's at least 12,904 things people don't like about you yet even I would protect your ability to live free in a free country.
You're a putz. Mind your own God damned business and leave gays alone idiot. Have a good week -
If someone disagrees with you they "need to get a life as well loser"?

Either list those 12,904 things people don't like about him, or fork over your silly penny collection tough guy!

Dan. What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182526 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand ...
That's obvious.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182527 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to post that the Browns are working to decriminalize polygamy?
Because he wants to believe that they are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182528 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he wants to believe that they are.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#182529 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays have my support too.
The only thing I don't like about that fact is that I'm on the same side as a hot headed dumbass like you.
The bottom line is, I support marriage equality, you do not.
you wont see me marching around with a picket sign , but I voted yes for them to marrie..mostly because I dont care if they marrie...:)

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#182531 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Do you?
The bottom line is- I support marriage equality for all committed consenting adults. And you do not.
Frank in many polygamist communities, its not uncommon for a man to take a 14 year old as a bride. Yet you don't supprt this. Please explain.
BoneHeads

Covina, CA

#182532 Mar 4, 2013
BoneHead, he is the one from Ohio or is that Iowa, you all see him dressed up and wearing the latest shad of suntan orange on his skin from too much suntan time in the tanning bed.

Speaker of the house.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182533 Mar 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage equality, great thread. Say Frank do you also support 14 year olds in polygamist marriages? If not why
So speaks the great pedophile, who requires an explanation of why 14 year olds are OFF-LIMITS. If you have to ask, you belong in prison...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182534 Mar 4, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Frank in many polygamist communities, its not uncommon for a man to take a 14 year old as a bride. Yet you don't supprt this. Please explain.
Everyone knows we're talking about consenting adults.

When you say you support same sex marriage do I stupidly ask if you support children marrying?

If you want to use children getting married as an argument against polygamy, others are free to use it as an argument against same sex marriage.

Hope that helps, dummy.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182535 Mar 4, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it is nothing new. What boils my bladder content is when conservatives/republicans blame all of our problems on liberals/democrats and when liberals/democrats blame everything on conservatives/republicans. Each side claiming to have all the answers. Most of what they have to offer are little more than experiments that may or may not work in current times. I'd like to see a little more civil discourse, a little give & take, and a whole lot less red/orange faced shouting matches. Grow the fxck up will ya?
...They won't ...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182536 Mar 4, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So speaks the great pedophile, who requires an explanation of why 14 year olds are OFF-LIMITS. If you have to ask, you belong in prison...
Yeah, Jizmbird is always bringing up children. And they're always 14 year olds.

What a creep. The mental picture he creates when he does that makes my skin crawl.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182537 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and somehow, you think your little "survey" is scientific, eh? Tell us about your control methods. What was the margin of error? Has World Nut Daily offered to publish your study? Who did the peer review, Dr. Regnerus?
You are completely clueless.
Scientific ? No. Realistic ? Yes. Control methods ? Random sampling. Margin of error ? None. Peer review ? None. How could there be ? I'll explain ...
1) Was not conducted in a laboratory, was conducted in the field, utilizing spontaneous interrogations.
2) S/A/A.
3) S/A/A.
4) Could not be subject to peer review, due to lack of documentation.

Conclusions ? You will not recognize anything that represents denial of your false propaganda. You would tell us that the sky is gold, if it furthers your ends, and scoff at anyone that corrects you. But your propaganda does not stand up to any realistic testing..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182538 Mar 4, 2013
The Dargers insist that if polygamy were to be decriminalized, people would feel more free to report abuses that have been associated with their lifestyle.

“There’s so much secrecy that goes on simply because it’s against the law,” Vicki Darger said.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182539 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally tamed your dumb ass.
Yeah, it seems that it has run out of clever things to say...
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182540 Mar 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Is that an idealized image of the female form upon which (straight) men hang their fantasies, or your real leg?"
You really have to work on your insults...
"Is that Chongo, using another cop-out?" Yes, it is.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Brookfield, WI

#182541 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's a great analogy X Box. So societies organize themselves around bad air and witches.
Besides, more diseases were caused by anal sex, than Witchcraft...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 35 min papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr punch tips 7,935
MV firefighters help battle NorCal wildfires Sun desireeforseth 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Friday, Aug. 29, 2014 Aug 30 Here Is One 1
Abalone diver drowns off Little River coast (Oct '10) Aug 29 PFOBY 47
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Aug. 27, ... Aug 27 Here Is One 1
•••

Fort Bragg News Video

•••
•••

Fort Bragg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000