Ukiah man convicted in killing of Willits resident

There are 20 comments on the Jun 28, 2008, The Ukiah Daily Journal story titled Ukiah man convicted in killing of Willits resident. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Michael Marlin, 27, of Ukiah, was convicted of second-degree murder Friday in the shooting death of James Redenius in December of last year, according to reports from the Mendocino County District Attorney's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 197
Next Last
LET EM HANG THE MOM TOO

Lilburn, GA

#4 Jun 28, 2008
OH WAIT...YEAH RIGHT...... THE MOM DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HER SON WAS DOING WHEN SHE DROVE HER SON TO JIMMYS AND MARLIN JUMPED OUTTA HER CAR WITH A SHOTGUN IN HIS HAND TELLING HIS MOM :"IM GONNA KILL JIMMY" SHE MUST OF THOUGHT HE WAS "KIDDING" CAN ANYONE SPELL "CORRUPTION"? REMEMBER WHEN BOB DAVIS WAS SHOT? THE SHERIFFS SMASHED EVERY INDIANS FRONT DOOR IN ROUND VALLEY LOOKING FOR BEAR LINCOLN WHO WAS FOUND INNOCENT, THIS LADY ADMITTED TO DRIVING HER SON TO REDINIOUS'S TO KILL HIM AND THE POLICE DIDN'T EVEN ARREST HER. IF THE VICTIM WAS A POLICE OFFICER INSTEAD OF A "LOCAL BOY", THE INVESTIGATION AND CHARGES WOULD HAVE BEEN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT, THEY MAY HAVE ARRESTED EVERYVERYONE WHO WAS A VASSARS, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A MASSIVE MAN HUNT IN WILLITS, PEOPLES DOOR WOULD HAVE BEEN SMASHED, BUT WAIT THIS WAS JIMMY, NOT A COP LIKE IN COVELO. lets just wait and see what the sentence is, WE ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO WRITE LETTERS ENCOURAGING THE SENTENCE TO BE "LIFE WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE" OR IF YOU WANNA BE AT THE SENTENCING JOIN US AT THE SENTENCING HEARING WHERE MARLIN IS scheduled to be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 2 in Courtroom H.
Ali

Hurleyville, NY

#6 Jun 28, 2008
Hey, it's Willits, what exactly did you expect?
REDENIUS STILL A GOOD GUY

Lilburn, GA

#8 Jun 29, 2008
A spade is a spade wrote:
Jimmy was a woman beating thug. No more. You reap's what you sow's.
Having said that, he didn't deserve to be hunted down and executed. Those responsible should be held responsible.
REDENIUS WAS NOT A WOMAN BEATING THUG. MAYBE IF MARLIN'S MOM HADN'T BEEN TRYING TO GET ON JIMMY AND HAD BEEN AT HOME INSTEAD OF AT THE BAR BEING A PROSTITUTE, MAYBE IF MARLINS MOM HAD RAISED A REAL MAN, INSTEAD OF A GUN TOTING THUG, JIMMY WOULD STILL BE HERE!
SURE JIMMY EMBODIED THE OUTLAW SPIRIT AS DO MOST OF THE MENDOCINO YOUTH DUE MOSTLY IN PART TO CONSTANT HARASSMENT BY WILLITS POLICE DEPT. AND THE LOCAL SHERIFF FROM A YOUNG AGE,...(SKATEBOARDING, RIDING BIKE AT NIGHT, CURFEW ETC., SMOKIN A FATTY BY THE CREEK.... ANYTHING THEY COULD HARASS YOU FOR IN WILLITS) IS EXACTLY WHY NO ONE IN THEIR 20S-OR 30'S HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR MOST LAW ENFORCEMENT IN MENDO! HOW MANY OF THESE KIDS SAW THEIR BUDDIES "SLAMMED" BY ASSHOLE LAW ENFORCEMENT? HOW MANY WENT TO THE HORRIBLE "JUVENILE HALL" FOR PETTY CRIMES, HOW MANY WERE TREATED BY STRONG MIND ALTERING PHARMACEUTICALS AT THE HANDS OF THE COUNTY PROBATION DEPARTMENT AND COUNTY SHRINKS?
WANNA KNOW WHY THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS IN MENDO ARE THE WAY THEY ARE? ITS BECAUSE THE MENDOCINO COUNTY GOVERNMENTMADE THEM THAT WAY, WITH THEIR INJUSTICE, HARASSMENT, AND ABUSIVE POLICE WHO ARE STILL RUNNING OUT OF CONTROL AND RAMPANT IN MENDOCINO, STILL HARASSING THE YOUTH,STILL SPLITTING FAMILIES APART!
DON'T BLAME JIMMY, JIMMY WAS A REBEL BECAUSE OF THE INJUSTICE HE RECEIVED FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
AS FOR MARLIN, LET THAT SON OF A BITCHH HANG!
JIMMY WAS A GOOD GUY, GUARANTEED !
AS FOR MARLINS MOM, AND ALL MOMS WHO SNORT AND SHOOT UP DRUGS WITH THEIR KIDS, EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCLE EVENTUALLY, SHE SHOULD BE IN THE NEXT GAS CHAMBER AFTER HER SON!
jaded eye

Hayward, CA

#12 Jun 29, 2008
REDENIUS STILL A GOOD GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR LOOKING FOR A FIGHT RIGHT NOW PUNK! WHY DON'T YOOU PUT YOUR FAMILIES NAME ON HERE, I DARE YOU!
YOUR SUCH A REAL MAN, TALK SMACK NOW ABOUT SOMEONE WHO COULD AND WOULD HAVE TORE YOU A NEW BUT HOLE. JIMMY OR HIS DAD AL...... THAT WAS THE GOOD PART ABOUT JIMMY, HE WASN'T SCARED- UNLIKE YOU AND MARTIN LOSER! HOPE MARTIN LIKES THAT BIG BLACK POLE HE'S REPORTEDLY BEEN TAKING EVERY NIGHT HE'S BEEN IN THE COUNTY HOTEL! WATCH YOUR MOUTH.......
JIMMYS THE WRONG GUY TO RUN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT OTHER WORDS, STFU B ITCH!
Whoa there big boy, is this the kind of talk that the local law enforcement beat into you or did you learn that at home?
home boy

United States

#13 Jun 29, 2008
.... hmmmm future fodder for the Willits News Police Log???
A spade is a spade

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2008
REDENIUS STILL A GOOD GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
REDENIUS WAS NOT A WOMAN BEATING THUG. MAYBE IF MARLIN'S MOM HADN'T BEEN TRYING TO GET ON JIMMY AND HAD BEEN AT HOME INSTEAD OF AT THE BAR BEING A PROSTITUTE, MAYBE IF MARLINS MOM HAD RAISED A REAL MAN, INSTEAD OF A GUN TOTING THUG, JIMMY WOULD STILL BE HERE!
SURE JIMMY EMBODIED THE OUTLAW SPIRIT AS DO MOST OF THE MENDOCINO YOUTH DUE MOSTLY IN PART TO CONSTANT HARASSMENT BY WILLITS POLICE DEPT. AND THE LOCAL SHERIFF FROM A YOUNG AGE,...(SKATEBOARDING, RIDING BIKE AT NIGHT, CURFEW ETC., SMOKIN A FATTY BY THE CREEK.... ANYTHING THEY COULD HARASS YOU FOR IN WILLITS) IS EXACTLY WHY NO ONE IN THEIR 20S-OR 30'S HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR MOST LAW ENFORCEMENT IN MENDO! HOW MANY OF THESE KIDS SAW THEIR BUDDIES "SLAMMED" BY ASSHOLE LAW ENFORCEMENT? HOW MANY WENT TO THE HORRIBLE "JUVENILE HALL" FOR PETTY CRIMES, HOW MANY WERE TREATED BY STRONG MIND ALTERING PHARMACEUTICALS AT THE HANDS OF THE COUNTY PROBATION DEPARTMENT AND COUNTY SHRINKS?
WANNA KNOW WHY THE YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS IN MENDO ARE THE WAY THEY ARE? ITS BECAUSE THE MENDOCINO COUNTY GOVERNMENTMADE THEM THAT WAY, WITH THEIR INJUSTICE, HARASSMENT, AND ABUSIVE POLICE WHO ARE STILL RUNNING OUT OF CONTROL AND RAMPANT IN MENDOCINO, STILL HARASSING THE YOUTH,STILL SPLITTING FAMILIES APART!
DON'T BLAME JIMMY, JIMMY WAS A REBEL BECAUSE OF THE INJUSTICE HE RECEIVED FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
AS FOR MARLIN, LET THAT SON OF A BITCHH HANG!
JIMMY WAS A GOOD GUY, GUARANTEED !
AS FOR MARLINS MOM, AND ALL MOMS WHO SNORT AND SHOOT UP DRUGS WITH THEIR KIDS, EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCLE EVENTUALLY, SHE SHOULD BE IN THE NEXT GAS CHAMBER AFTER HER SON!
Please... "embodied the outlaw spirit?!" Jimmy was perpetually spoiling for a fight. To blame that attitude on society is nonsense. Most of the Mendo youth do not espouse this perspective. If this is truly your perspective, you should seriously examine who you're spending your time with.

I've been here almost 30 years. I grew up and went to school here. I was subjected to the same "injustices" you describe. This has left me with a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth for local law enforcement, but it certainly does not provoke me into beating on anyone who looks at me sideways.

At the end of the day, we're all responsible for our own actions, regardless of the hand we've been dealt. Jimmy made choices about his lifestyle which resulted in his death. I regret his passing and do not condone the actions of Marlin, but this lifestyle was of Jimmy's choosing. It is disrespectful of Jimmy's life and your apparant friendship with him to make excuses for his behavior.
Just Think

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2008
This is not written to tell you what to think, but to ask you to think.

On December 16 our family suffered a terrible, inconceivable loss. We lost a son, a grandson, a brother, an uncle, a nephew and a cousin. A little girl lost her father. And countless people lost a friend. He has been, was and is loved by many.

On behalf of the family, I make this plea to anyone and everyone who is reading this: I ask you to look in the mirror, reflect upon your life and all you think you know. Look around at the people you love: consider your loved ones, your friends, your co-workers, your acquaintances. Imagine never being able to see some of those people again. Imagine not being able to say goodbye or ever even thinking you would have to.

Now I'd like you to consider the family and friends of Jimmy. Do you know them? Do you sympathize? Do you understand the level of pain and loss those people are experiencing? Try to remember he has family and friends who love him, miss him dearly, and who have to continue to live without him. Please stop to consider the fellings of others before making assumptions or statments about Jim or the circumstances surrounding his life or his passing.

Those who knew Jim will remember his recklessness, his need for speed, his endless pursuit of fun while living on the edge. More importantly, we will remember his spirit, laughter, love and friendship. We aren't to remember him for the way he was taken, or for the series of events that led up to that night. Refusing to live in the past, knowing that without recognizing his faults, we could not realize his strength. He is gone in flesh, but remains tied to our hearts. Within those ties are the individual relationships we had with him and only those relationships matter now.

So, Jim, in this time of sadness you will be remembered not for your faults or your actions, but for your love and your spirit. We will embrace the good you have brought. The love you have shared and the fun times we recall, the moments in time when you were your best, your strength and your contributions. We will celebrate your live, not your death. Because Jimmy, you are not to be remembered because you are gone, but because you were a part of our lives.

We love you, Big Jim, Rest easy.

Again, on behalf of the family: Thank you to anyone who has shown compassion, empathy, support, consideration and love during this dufficult time and thank you to the endless people that have offered their condolences and to the many who have shared their generosity. It is truly appreciated.

Jimmy's family

“Local Boy Does Good”

Since: Apr 08

Willits

#16 Jun 29, 2008
These forums were designed for the exchange of ideas and the exchanges can often be heated. I understand that some of them can be quite hurtful to those emotionally attached to the subject matter at hand.

While not wanting to sound insensitive to this family's suffering, I'd suggest steering clear of this forum as fine folks with strong feelings are venting here. From the looks of some of these posts, it would appear as if a healthy exchange is warranted, if for no other reason than to remind ourselves that you do, in fact, reap what you sow.

My condolences.
RIP JIMMY

Washington, DC

#17 Jun 29, 2008
A spade is a spade wrote:
<quoted text>
Please... "embodied the outlaw spirit?!" Jimmy was perpetually spoiling for a fight. To blame that attitude on society is nonsense. Most of the Mendo youth do not espouse this perspective. If this is truly your perspective, you should seriously examine who you're spending your time with.
I've been here almost 30 years. I grew up and went to school here. I was subjected to the same "injustices" you describe. This has left me with a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth for local law enforcement, but it certainly does not provoke me into beating on anyone who looks at me sideways.
At the end of the day, we're all responsible for our own actions, regardless of the hand we've been dealt. Jimmy made choices about his lifestyle which resulted in his death. I regret his passing and do not condone the actions of Marlin, but this lifestyle was of Jimmy's choosing. It is disrespectful of Jimmy's life and your apparant friendship with him to make excuses for his behavior.
whats disrespectful is someone like yourself, calling a GOOD GUY who was just MURDERED by Marlin and his MOM, names which he isn't here to defend himself from! THAT IS BOTH COWARDLY AND WRONG! JIMMY LIVED THE LIFE OF MANY MENDO YOUTH!
I BELIEVE HIM TO HAVE BEEN A TRUE REBEL, DUE TO LIVING THE MENDO LIFE, EITHER WAY DON'T TALK BAD OF MURDERED PEOPLE ON PUBLIC FORUMS... ITS JUST WRONG! PEOPLE ARE A PRODUCT OF THEIR ENVIRONMENT, NOT EVERYONE HAS EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM ON A GOLDEN PLATTER, ONLY OF YOU ACTUALLY GREW UP IN MENDO WOULD YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IT WAS LIKE! REST IN PIECE JIMMY....I'D STILL STAND UP FOR YOU AS YOU HAVE FOR ME!
RIP JIMMY

Washington, DC

#18 Jun 29, 2008
IN OTHER WORDS, SHOW SOME COMPASSION AND RESPECT FOR THE FAMILY OF YET ANOTHER WILLITS MURDER VICTIM!

WE ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO WRITE LETTERS ENCOURAGING THE SENTENCE TO BE "LIFE WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE" OR IF YOU WANNA BE AT THE SENTENCING, JOIN US AT THE SENTENCING HEARING WHERE MARLIN IS scheduled to be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 2 in Courtroom H.
A spade is a spade

United States

#19 Jun 29, 2008
People are a product of their environment. No truer words were ever written. Again, this does not excuse the behavior. It might explain it... but it does not excuse it. You reap's what you sow's. It's just that simple. If you're not out looking for a fight, the likelihood of finding one is greatly diminished. Jimmy looked for fights. You know it, I know it, anyone who knew him or of him knew it. To deny that now because he's gone is ridiculous.

If you want to grieve, don't do it here. If you want to discuss with some level of honesty what brought him to his unfortunate end, I'm all ears.

My condolences to his friends and family, but the truth remains the truth.
Willits

United States

#20 Jun 29, 2008
I knew Jimmy, too. Not exactly a pillar of the community. Sorry he's gone, sorry to his friends and family, but Jimmy looked for trouble. Trouble found him.
REDENIUS STILL LOVED

Lilburn, GA

#21 Jun 29, 2008
Jimmy WAS a pillar of the community. Many people did and still do love Jimmy,
"just the good old boys, never meanin no harm, younger than the mountain been in trouble with the law since the day they were born"
EVER WATCH THE DUKES?
Did Jimmy get in trouble = Yes!
Did most kids who grew up in Willits get in trouble= YES!
Did Jimmy have a heart of gold? YES
Did he deservE to be murdered in cold blood? DEFINITELY NOT!
THE QUESTION REMAINS = WHY WASN'T THE ACCOMPLICE, MARLINS MOTHER ARRESTED FOR ACCOMPLICE TO MURDER? THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE! WAS IT BECAUSE THE VICTIM WAS JIMMY, INSTEAD OF ONE OF YOUR SO CALLED "PILLARS"- MOST OF WHOM ARE ONLY SELF-RIGHTEOUS, WHO THINK THEY ARE "BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" YOU ALL KNOW, THE TYPICAL MOVERS AND SHAKERS IN MENDO WITH THE INHERITED NOT WORKED FOR CASH!
REDENIUS STILL LOVED

Lilburn, GA

#22 Jun 29, 2008
WE ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO WRITE LETTERS ENCOURAGING THE SENTENCE TO BE "LIFE WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE" OR IF YOU WANNA BE AT THE SENTENCING, JOIN US AT THE SENTENCING HEARING WHERE MARLIN IS scheduled to be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 2 in Courtroom H.
Willits

United States

#23 Jun 29, 2008
Ummm... maybe we're talking about different Jimmy's... no?

Think I'll jump on that letter writing campaign you're asking for... only I'll be asking the judge to consider Jimmy's history of violence when imposing the sentence.

“Local Boy Does Good”

Willits

#24 Jun 29, 2008
REDENIUS STILL LOVED wrote:
Jimmy WAS a pillar of the community. Many people did and still do love Jimmy,
"just the good old boys, never meanin no harm, younger than the mountain been in trouble with the law since the day they were born"
EVER WATCH THE DUKES?
Did Jimmy get in trouble = Yes!
Did most kids who grew up in Willits get in trouble= YES!
Did Jimmy have a heart of gold? YES
Did he deservE to be murdered in cold blood? DEFINITELY NOT!
THE QUESTION REMAINS = WHY WASN'T THE ACCOMPLICE, MARLINS MOTHER ARRESTED FOR ACCOMPLICE TO MURDER? THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE! WAS IT BECAUSE THE VICTIM WAS JIMMY, INSTEAD OF ONE OF YOUR SO CALLED "PILLARS"- MOST OF WHOM ARE ONLY SELF-RIGHTEOUS, WHO THINK THEY ARE "BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" YOU ALL KNOW, THE TYPICAL MOVERS AND SHAKERS IN MENDO WITH THE INHERITED NOT WORKED FOR CASH!
Ummm... did you just quote the Duke's of Hazzard theme song to us? Really?

I'd suggest some grief counseling my friend, and the quicker the better.
REDENIUS STILL LOVED

Lilburn, GA

#25 Jun 29, 2008
GRIEF COUNSELING NOT NEEDED HERE....JUST TRYING TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND REALITY IN MENDOCINO COUNTY! THERE ARE ALOT OF "GOOD OLD BOYS' THAT ARE REBELLIOUS, WITH HEARTS OF GOLD- IF YOU WERE "BORN AND RAISED" YOU WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY RELATE, IF YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER MENDO TRUST FUND FAMILY, WHO HAS HAD EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU ON SILVER PLATTERS(YOU KNOW WHAT FAMILIES WE MEAN) THEN YOU WILL NOT RELATE. NO SORRYS- THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS FOLKS.
YOU KNOW THE "CLASS" DIVISION:
ONE GROUP INHERITED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE AND WORKED VERY LITTLE, AND OWNS ALOT!
THE OTHER GROUP WORKED LIKE SLAVES FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, AND STILL HAVE VERY LITTLE.
YOU KNOW WHICH FAMILIES THESE ARE......OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND!
SO YEAH, MAYBE HE WASN'T THE "PILLAR" YOUR TYPE LOOKS UP TO....BUT HE HAD A HEART OF GOLD JIMMY DID, HE WAS A GOOD MAN!
TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF, ARE YOU REALLY ALL THAT "GRAND", IS "YOUR WAY" REALLY JUST SO MUCH BETTER!
IS IT THAT ONLY THE WEALTHY WHO DON'T WORK THE "PILLARS" OF MENDOCINO? I THINK NOT.
DUKES SONG FITS BEST......LIKE THE DUKES, JIMMY WASN'T OUT LOOKIN FOR TROUBLE, JIMMY WAS HOME WATCHING TV AT HIS FAMILIES HOME. MARLIN SMASHED THROUGH JIMMYS DOOR AND BEGAN FIRING, MARLINS MOM BOUGHT THE AMMO, DROVE HIM TO VASSARS BOUGHT HIM LIQUOR AND DROVE HIM TO JIMMYS WHERE SHE WAITED OUTSIDE, WHEN HER SON DIDN'T SHOW UP SHE WENT LOOKING, THATS THE ONLY REASON SHE DIDN'T RUN AFTER HER AND HER SON KILLED JIMMY, BECAUSE SHE WAS WORRIED FOR HER SON WHO TOOK OFF OUT BACK, ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, THE MURDER WAS WRONG AND SHE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS HER SON MARLIN! JIMMY DID NOT DESERVE THIS AND ANOTHER YOUNG MAN WILL SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE BEHIND BARS..........WHAT A SAD WASTE OF LIFE! I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CONDONE MURDER!
home boy

United States

#26 Jun 29, 2008
Reading this post from cover to cover I do not see anybody's post that gives the slightest hint at condoning murder.

I think alot of people indentified the collision course that both these young men were on, possibly due to their "rebelious" behavior. It should also be recognised that vigilante justice goes part and parcel to "rebellious behavior" which, in a sad way was the motive of the crime.

It seems to me it is the "rebellious behavior" that should not be condoned.
spiritdog54

Bethel Island, CA

#27 Jun 29, 2008
Hey Jimmy, I and mine, We miss you....

“Local Boy Does Good”

Willits

#28 Jun 30, 2008
REDENIUS STILL LOVED wrote:
GRIEF COUNSELING NOT NEEDED HERE....JUST TRYING TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND REALITY IN MENDOCINO COUNTY! THERE ARE ALOT OF "GOOD OLD BOYS' THAT ARE REBELLIOUS, WITH HEARTS OF GOLD- IF YOU WERE "BORN AND RAISED" YOU WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY RELATE, IF YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER MENDO TRUST FUND FAMILY, WHO HAS HAD EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU ON SILVER PLATTERS(YOU KNOW WHAT FAMILIES WE MEAN) THEN YOU WILL NOT RELATE. NO SORRYS- THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS FOLKS.
YOU KNOW THE "CLASS" DIVISION:
ONE GROUP INHERITED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE AND WORKED VERY LITTLE, AND OWNS ALOT!
THE OTHER GROUP WORKED LIKE SLAVES FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, AND STILL HAVE VERY LITTLE.
YOU KNOW WHICH FAMILIES THESE ARE......OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND!
SO YEAH, MAYBE HE WASN'T THE "PILLAR" YOUR TYPE LOOKS UP TO....BUT HE HAD A HEART OF GOLD JIMMY DID, HE WAS A GOOD MAN!
TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF, ARE YOU REALLY ALL THAT "GRAND", IS "YOUR WAY" REALLY JUST SO MUCH BETTER!
IS IT THAT ONLY THE WEALTHY WHO DON'T WORK THE "PILLARS" OF MENDOCINO? I THINK NOT.
DUKES SONG FITS BEST......LIKE THE DUKES, JIMMY WASN'T OUT LOOKIN FOR TROUBLE, JIMMY WAS HOME WATCHING TV AT HIS FAMILIES HOME. MARLIN SMASHED THROUGH JIMMYS DOOR AND BEGAN FIRING, MARLINS MOM BOUGHT THE AMMO, DROVE HIM TO VASSARS BOUGHT HIM LIQUOR AND DROVE HIM TO JIMMYS WHERE SHE WAITED OUTSIDE, WHEN HER SON DIDN'T SHOW UP SHE WENT LOOKING, THATS THE ONLY REASON SHE DIDN'T RUN AFTER HER AND HER SON KILLED JIMMY, BECAUSE SHE WAS WORRIED FOR HER SON WHO TOOK OFF OUT BACK, ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, THE MURDER WAS WRONG AND SHE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS HER SON MARLIN! JIMMY DID NOT DESERVE THIS AND ANOTHER YOUNG MAN WILL SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE BEHIND BARS..........WHAT A SAD WASTE OF LIFE! I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CONDONE MURDER!
No one's condoning murder. I think we're simply saying that we are all responsible for the choices we make. Jimmy chose his lifestyle, it didn't choose him.

No one's saying this Marlin fellow and probably his mother are not criminally culpable. They should be held responsible for their actions. However, that isn't up to us... it's up to our legal system to administer justice. If it was my friend who was killed, I'd have some strong feelings on the subject. But these are just emotions, my Brotha'. Emotions should never dictate your actions.

This caste system that you're describing omits that group of very hardworking people who earned all they have. I grew up eating beans and rice and wearing second-hand clothes. I ran with the same "rough" crowd you're describing. I also made some good choices and have done well for myself and my family. Blaming those who were born into wealth will never improve your own lot in life. That is left to you and your choices.

Blessings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 197
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ukiah police and fire log: Sunday, April 26, 2015 13 hr Here Is One 1
News Progress on food waste plan for Ukiah stalls Apr 19 the Fear tator 2
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, April 18, ... Apr 19 the Fear tator 2
News Marijuana groups lobby for policy changes Apr 19 the Fear tator 2
News Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, April 8, ... Apr 8 the Fear tator 2
News Ukiah police and fire log: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 Apr 8 the Fear tator 2
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, March 28, ... Mar 30 the Fear tator 4
More from around the web

Fort Bragg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE