ON THE TRAIL: Mogollon ghost town a g...

ON THE TRAIL: Mogollon ghost town a gem of the past

There are 6 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jul 6, 2009, titled ON THE TRAIL: Mogollon ghost town a gem of the past. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

The area around what became known as Mogollon was quite active long before convicts carved out the road up the mountain in 1897.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Trading Post

Silver City, NM

#1 Jul 6, 2009
Samm,
Thankyou so much for the wonderful articles of our area. We appreciate everything you write about. God Bless you.

“Springtime In New Mexico, YES!”

Since: Jun 09

Elephant Butte Sierra County

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Outstanding! we will definitely check Mogollon out the next time we have a few days to wander about! Thanks for the 411 Silver City!
Mary

Florence, AL

#3 Jul 6, 2009
Great article. Mogollon is a fascinating place. You can almost see and feel the activity from the past. Well worth the visit but be careful on that drive up the mountain!
Dogwatch

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Sounds like a great place to visit. Ya gotta love New Mexico; so much to see and do. Such great history.

“Cowboy Reporter”

Since: Jan 09

United States

#5 Jul 7, 2009
HOWDY2U! Thank you all for all the kind words! My paycheck may from the news media outlets but it is you folks who sign it. Without you, I'd be nothing and I have never forgotten that in the 32 years I have been doing this. Thank you so much for reading my stories. I only wish the all the news was always good. Thank you again! Sam Conn

P.S. If there is a story you would like to see, please drop me a line. [email protected] past "On the Trail" stories are available free at www.cowboyreporter.com we also hope to have our t.v. versions on line soon as well...if only Qwest would get off their butt and provide the dervice the say they do or will.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#6 Jul 7, 2009
This is a very interesting article. I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading more in the future. This looks like a very interesting place to visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Wed Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
News Armory celebrates 100 years Jun 7 my opinion 1
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) May '16 YUUUUP 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57

Fort Bayard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bayard Mortgages