Employee premiums 100% covered under ...

Employee premiums 100% covered under county budget proposal

There are 11 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 25, 2011, titled Employee premiums 100% covered under county budget proposal. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Grant County employees could have their entire health insurance benefits picked up by taxpayers, according to a preliminary budget that the Grant County Commission approved at a meeting Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

jackpratt1

Orlando, FL

#1 May 25, 2011
You know what You guys should stop complaining because, one the health care we have now isnt as good as it was supposed to be. also the law has just been signed so give it some time. so if u want to say u have the right to choose tell that to ur congress men or state official. If you do not have insurance and need one You can find full medical coverage at the lowest price by searching online for "Penny Health Insurance" If you have health insurance and do not care about cost just be happy it and trust me you are not going to loose anything!
gezz

Silver City, NM

#2 May 25, 2011
I didn't know the county had that much extra money
to throw around.
pete and repeat

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 May 25, 2011
I guess they never heard that old statement about never assuming anything. ass u me
Major Cameron Clark

Tampa, FL

#4 May 25, 2011
I'm not sure but I think Mr. Saari may be wrong on the amount that property prices are going up when they are actually going down. Just look at the prices on the websites and ask realtors.
I'm a Federal employee and while my coverage is 100%, I pay for my families health, dental, and life insurance (I pay for mine as well).
Why not if income is in the Black try to stay there for a little while especially with fires, etc. that happen and have to be paid for.
Just a thought.
Re-tired guy

Placitas, NM

#5 May 25, 2011
I live here, and I didn't hear a thing about this locally. I'm retired, and my income has been frozen since Obama took office, and I'm paying for my healthcare. I take offense that the Grant County employees will be given free health-care; at my expense! Home prices are actually increasing here, most have fallen due to lack of demand; some are fairly stable, with creative realtors. The County has steadily increased my property taxes, regardless of local home price changes.
R-wayo

Clayton, NM

#6 May 25, 2011
Kudos to the Grant County commission and Manager's office, These are the results of reasearch and SMART County government. the Citizens of Grant County are fortunate to have elected Responsible and wise individuals to county County Government.
R-wayo

Clayton, NM

#7 May 25, 2011
These are county employees, Sheriffs, Deputies, Count Road Dept crews, Sanitation workers, Jail employees, Property Assessors, Clerks, treasurers, your elected officials and all they are elected to oversee of your tax dollars. There is a good chance a big part of the people receiving these county benefits are EMS employees and firefighters. All Public Servants. Why do people want their local government to succeed, but don't want them to make a living. this is your local government and you have a say, when you vote.
Who we need to pissed at is the news media who try to get people agitated with crappy reporting.
Grant County Observer

Silver City, NM

#8 May 25, 2011
In case Mr. Saari and company have not noticed, the majority of the residents in Grant County have not had pay raises in several years and they have to pay a significant deductible on their insurances as well as part of the annual fees. Wake up County Government!!!

When do WE vote on our taxes? I know, when we elect new commissioners.
guy on the couch

Silver City, NM

#9 May 25, 2011
all of you are a bunch of punk a** complainers! lets see some of you do the jobs of those that put their life on the line for your safety. they deserve that 100% for the things they do!
Tsk Tsk

Silver City, NM

#10 May 26, 2011
guy on the couch wrote:
all of you are a bunch of punk a** complainers! lets see some of you do the jobs of those that put their life on the line for your safety. they deserve that 100% for the things they do!
let me guess you are the county code enforcement officer
Lady on the balcony

Silver City, NM

#11 May 26, 2011
guy on the couch wrote:
yeah! You tell them whiners out there! They still have to pay a deductable, little do they know. And they won't be getting any raises for GOD knows how long. So shut up and be grateful for what you have because some people still live like they're in a third world county!!! Here in N.M. Beliece it! Or not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Aug 21 Pied Piper 50
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug 1 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bayard Mortgages