Locals take part in Wreaths Across Am...

Locals take part in Wreaths Across America

There are 1 comment on the Silver City Sun-News story from Dec 11, 2010, titled Locals take part in Wreaths Across America. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

With the sun shining brilliantly over the bone-white tombstones at Fort Bayard National Cemetery, heads bowed for a prayer to honor those who served.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

greenriverkate

Kirkland, WA

#1 Dec 12, 2010
My dad wanted to buried at Ft. Bayard as he mother worked there as a cook, too many years ago for me to even know. He would be 98, if still alive. His brother WWll (army AND navy) is also buried there. My dad taught me well about veterans. When I buried him (cremation), I had to ask the veterans organizations to please give him honor. They did a wonderful job (1995). My dad would have been so pleased. He was truly an old time vet, never expecting much from our government.
Through the years, I also lost my sister. She was the baby and dad's favorite (some say). I live in WA so it is near impossible for me to ever get back to him or my sister. Every memorial day, veterans day, his birthday and death date, my heart breaks. It was HIS wish to be there and to be cremated and as his eldest, it was my duty to see he got what he wanted.
This laying of wreaths help a little with my pain. He was my idol, my hero, my teacher of love and all good things.
There will never be the words to thank you enough for doing this for him and my Uncle Clay. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Mon lol 4
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun TWP 72,037
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1

Fort Bayard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Bayard Mortgages