Schools Call Off Assemblies Planned b...

Schools Call Off Assemblies Planned by Ministers

There are 3 comments on the WMTV Madison story from Feb 1, 2007, titled Schools Call Off Assemblies Planned by Ministers. In it, WMTV Madison reports that:

A group of southern Wisconsin public schools are calling off scheduled assemblies by ordained ministers who use feats of strength to encourage students to make good choices and resist drugs and alcohol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMTV Madison.

DK Adkins

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Feb 9, 2007
"God" forbid someone has something good and moral to teach young children! What is wrong with today's society?! What did "God" ever do to you people who are sooooo against HIM?! I have to often wonder who's name will be spoken when you're in a life or death situation?
peasd parent

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Feb 12, 2007
DK Adkins wrote:
"God" forbid someone has something good and moral to teach young children! What is wrong with today's society?! What did "God" ever do to you people who are sooooo against HIM?! I have to often wonder who's name will be spoken when you're in a life or death situation?
The problem isn't that we're against God, it's the problem that a vocal minority, in this case one person, threatened a lawsuit based on the concept of separation of church and state. He felt that we were promoting religious programs and allowing this group to have a stage for missionary work. Although their message is to promote good choices in life, it goes back to the objection of the christian background of the members of the group. I personally think that if the administrators of the district felt that this group had a good message to give and that they don't promote any particular religion, it should be allowed to go on. And if parents object, they should let school officials know, so arrangments can be made to accomodate them.
Is that so

United States

#3 May 21, 2007
DK Adkins wrote:
PEHS principal Bruce Gunderson is a flake...he'll use double standards EVERY time. Claims to promote morality, but puts the kabash on beneficial programs like this. Maybe then he'd have to conjure up some morals for himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Atkinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald E. Behling, 88, Fort Atkinson (Jan '16) Jan '16 kraig205 1
News Tonight on CBS 58 News at 10 - Online penny auc... (May '13) May '13 phil 2
News Fort council advances community block grant (Feb '13) Feb '13 mary ann Steppke 1
News Activists see little-known UN plan Agenda 21 as... (Aug '12) Aug '12 american 1
News Fort group filmed for TV's 'My Ghost Story' (Jul '12) Jul '12 meme 1
News Governor Walker hits the campaign trail; Democr... (Apr '12) Apr '12 American Blueblood 7
News Public record for May 19, 2009 (Jun '09) Feb '12 OxyExpress 22

Fort Atkinson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Atkinson Mortgages