First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bow Wow

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2010
And, while everyone is fussing about what secretarys make, where was the administration when several fights broke out at the jr. high? 6 were arrested. I was there when it happened and never once saw any of the higher administrators (central office) there? SEveral teachers were hurt! Sitting behind a desk with the door closed, I bet!
Word

Forrest City, AR

#2 Sep 21, 2010
Another reason why the Admin. office needs an overhaul.

Carlisle, AR

#3 Sep 21, 2010
The two previous post were made by people that frankly do not know too much about administration. The first poster said they were there and did not see anyone from Central office and because of that the second poster says it is another reason to overhaul Admin.

Bow Wow, do you know if the JHS admin staff took a break from the fight to notify the Central office? Had you not been there would you have known there was a fight going on? I'm certain someone called Woods or Hughes and told them there was a fight and they locked themselves in their office. The possibility exist that they were not in town, in a meeting, at a Dr.'s appointment etc.....

The fact is you really only know there was a fight and saw no one from Admin. You do not know if they were called and you do not know if they were available to come to the building and I bet you do not know the District's procedures when something such as this occurs.

Do this, ask the Prinicpal or the Asst. Principal if they needed help from the Admin. office to do their job. They're both doing a great job and would tell you no they can handle it.

Here are some words for both of you: I do not agree with all that goes on in this district but I am responsible when I have questions and concerns. You two might be bright people, so think before you start whinning and complaining.

I do hope no staff were seriously hurt and trust the district will follow policy regarding these students.
Word

North Little Rock, AR

#4 Sep 21, 2010
I would think if teachers were hurt and police had to be called and arrest students then the administration would be there, no matter.
As for your last statement,'trust' is earned and the way some things have been handled, there is no 'trust'.

Little Rock, AR

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Word wrote:
I would think if teachers were hurt and police had to be called and arrest students then the administration would be there, no matter.
As for your last statement,'trust' is earned and the way some things have been handled, there is no 'trust'.
You can think that but still do not know if they were called and what the situation was. As for my use of the word "trust", I could have said "it is my hope" which is my intended use of the word in this situation. Again you assume..........
Word

North Little Rock, AR

#6 Sep 21, 2010
I don't assume......If you wanted to say 'it is my hope' then you should have typed that but you didn't you used 'trust the district'. Big difference.

Based on what the first poster stated regarding teachers getting hurt is what i based my statements on.

Carlisle, AR

#7 Sep 21, 2010
Word wrote:
I don't assume......If you wanted to say 'it is my hope' then you should have typed that but you didn't you used 'trust the district'. Big difference.
Based on what the first poster stated regarding teachers getting hurt is what i based my statements on.
There is no difference in how I used the word trust and could have used it is my hope. Well versed people speak in that context often. Did any teachers get hurt? My point exactly. You nor the first poster knew or know the answer.
Bow Wow

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2010
I am a parent in the FCSD and I was at the jr. high this morning when the fights broke out. I know for a fact teacher(s) were hurt trying to break up this fight. This is not uncommon and nor was I saying anything about the current admin at the jr. high. They have their work cut out for them. But, I am so sick of hearing to EXPECT MORE and I keep seeing the same ole things. I am a single parent and can not afford to send my kids elsewhere. Without a shadow of a doubt, I know the jr. high admin can handle their own business. I am saying "higher ups" should have been there for support. Expect more, right? I would not mind giving my name on here if I was not afraid my children would be singled out. So, before anyone else takes what I said out of context, this is my two cents worth!

Carlisle, AR

#9 Sep 21, 2010
Bow Wow wrote:
I am a parent in the FCSD and I was at the jr. high this morning when the fights broke out. I know for a fact teacher(s) were hurt trying to break up this fight. This is not uncommon and nor was I saying anything about the current admin at the jr. high. They have their work cut out for them. But, I am so sick of hearing to EXPECT MORE and I keep seeing the same ole things. I am a single parent and can not afford to send my kids elsewhere. Without a shadow of a doubt, I know the jr. high admin can handle their own business. I am saying "higher ups" should have been there for support. Expect more, right? I would not mind giving my name on here if I was not afraid my children would be singled out. So, before anyone else takes what I said out of context, this is my two cents worth!
You may not have seen Woods or Hughes but you still do not know what their situation was at the time. Did you stay all day to see if they arrived? Did you ask your contact at the Admin building where Woods and Hughes were at the time of the fight?

You are right about the "Expect More" crap though

Little Rock, AR

#10 Sep 21, 2010
Guest wrote:
I do hope no staff were seriously hurt and trust the district will follow policy regarding these students.
I'd love to see the district start following policy regarding students fighting and hurting teachers. We've had several incidents with students who have seriously injured adults or have caused major property damage and were never punished due to a mishandling of procedures.

Carlisle, AR

#11 Sep 21, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to see the district start following policy regarding students fighting and hurting teachers. We've had several incidents with students who have seriously injured adults or have caused major property damage and were never punished due to a mishandling of procedures.
Which procedures? Not recommending for expulsion, failure of board to support expulsion, not following spec ed law appropriately or what??
Bow Wow

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2010
They said they never rec'd a call except from parents wanting some answers.
Word

North Little Rock, AR

#13 Sep 21, 2010
That is lie about no one called calling them.

Carlisle, AR

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Bow Wow wrote:
They said they never rec'd a call except from parents wanting some answers.
Which one did you talk to to get your information, Woods or Hughes?

And to "Word". How do you know "Bow Wow" is lying?
Word

North Little Rock, AR

#15 Sep 21, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference in how I used the word trust and could have used it is my hope. Well versed people speak in that context often. Did any teachers get hurt? My point exactly. You nor the first poster knew or know the answer.
You try hard to appear intelligent but you do not make any sense.
Teachers get hurt, there were a few teachers who were knocked to the floor.
Also, if you do not know if teachers were or were not hurt why are you assuming no one got hurt? Why are you assuming, you have a lot of 'maybes' in why the administration was not there.
oldtimer

Little Rock, AR

#16 Sep 21, 2010
I guess I am just old enough to remember that kids did and do fight. It is a part of growing up and learning to control your thoughts, emotions and actions before becoming adults. The Junior High is well staff and well trained with professional who understand this fact and how to handle kids of this age appropriately. In response to the police being called- is that not an appropriate consequence. If this fight has occurred in a public place an adult would of been arrested, find, possibly put on probation or jailed for time period. I don't think they would be loss the right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. They in most situations would not lose their jobs, family etc. Yet we expect youngsters of the age of 12/13 to loss their right to an education because they are exhibiting behaviors that are developmentally within in their expected age range. The school district has the obligation to provide a safe learning environment and that does include meeting a child social development needs. These kid need to be held accountable by having to do a school service project, apologizing publicly and privately to the teachers and they need to have formal instruction in how to better handle conflict within themselves and their peers. Sending kids home is not the answer- restitution and education is the only answer. If we put them out of school they roam the streets, get into more trouble and we then have issues of community crimes and an unemployable population. I read on here all the time the way it used to be, but when I look at the unemployment rate, literacy rate, teenage parent rate, childhood parent abandonment issues, drug/alcohol rate, etc.
I want to ask: HOW DID PUTTING THEM OUT ON THE STREET- work for them or the community. It is time for those who are not trained as educators and child advocates to hush and let those who know what they are doing..... DO IT!!!

Little Rock, AR

#17 Sep 22, 2010
oldtimer wrote:
If this fight has occurred in a public place an adult would of been arrested, find, possibly put on probation or jailed for time period. I don't think they would be loss the right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. They in most situations would not lose their jobs, family etc. Yet we expect youngsters of the age of 12/13 to loss their right to an education because they are exhibiting behaviors that are developmentally within in their expected age range.
1) school is a child's work. Are you saying that if you'd get into a fight while you were on the clock you wouldn't get fired? If so, I want your job!

2) you need to factor in the other students that are being hurt by their actions. Yes, every child deserves the right to an education, that is why we have ALE! If it were not the culture here that fighting is acceptable, we'd be able to take the violent offenders and get them the help they need in an alternative environment. Let's just lay it out: black youth here can't use their words; they use their fists. Either you have enough resources to get your kids to PW, Wynne, Lee... or you're like the rest of us and have to suffer.

Every child deserves an education, but not at the expense of the adults and children surrounding them.
country boy

United States

#18 Sep 22, 2010
It seems to me that a lot of schools these days are just training before goin to prison. I may just be ignorant but if you watch the news or read the paper 9 times out 10 something is going on at the schools and its usually not something positive.
Blue

United States

#19 Sep 22, 2010
oldtimer wrote:
I guess I am just old enough to remember that kids did and do fight. It is a part of growing up and learning to control your thoughts, emotions and actions before becoming adults. The Junior High is well staff and well trained with professional who understand this fact and how to handle kids of this age appropriately. In response to the police being called- is that not an appropriate consequence. If this fight has occurred in a public place an adult would of been arrested, find, possibly put on probation or jailed for time period. I don't think they would be loss the right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. They in most situations would not lose their jobs, family etc. Yet we expect youngsters of the age of 12/13 to loss their right to an education because they are exhibiting behaviors that are developmentally within in their expected age range. The school district has the obligation to provide a safe learning environment and that does include meeting a child social development needs. These kid need to be held accountable by having to do a school service project, apologizing publicly and privately to the teachers and they need to have formal instruction in how to better handle conflict within themselves and their peers. Sending kids home is not the answer- restitution and education is the only answer. If we put them out of school they roam the streets, get into more trouble and we then have issues of community crimes and an unemployable population. I read on here all the time the way it used to be, but when I look at the unemployment rate, literacy rate, teenage parent rate, childhood parent abandonment issues, drug/alcohol rate, etc.
I want to ask: HOW DID PUTTING THEM OUT ON THE STREET- work for them or the community. It is time for those who are not trained as educators and child advocates to hush and let those who know what they are doing..... DO IT!!!
In the ole days. We would go take care of all that after school. We didn't fight at school. I'm for chances. But not unlimited chances. If you hurt a teacher, you should be held responsible. These ladies shouldn't be abused at there workplace. It places a heavy financial burden on the district to cover medical and loss time for these injuries, not to mention , we stand to loose some very good teachers if the conditions aren't controlled. These large fights are probably gang related. That creates a whole different situation. They were no gangs in the ole days.
Word

North Little Rock, AR

#20 Sep 22, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one did you talk to to get your information, Woods or Hughes?
And to "Word". How do you know "Bow Wow" is lying?
I didn't state Bow Wow was lying, please don't assume. What Bow Wow was told is not the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 1 hr KittyKatKohl 437
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr Is this me 10,028
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 2 hr First 241
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr enough already 29,866
dentist 4 hr james 1
(BRIAN DAVIS). A forrest city POLICE OFFICER IS... 8 hr guest 7
John Gilbreath 11 hr Just Sayin 2
•••
•••
•••

Forrest City Jobs

•••
•••
•••