FCJHS principal reassigned to ALE

FCJHS principal reassigned to ALE

There are 20 comments on the Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas story from Jun 15, 2010, titled FCJHS principal reassigned to ALE. In it, Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas reports that:

The Forrest City School Board on Monday agreed to reassign Katie Jones from junior high principal to interim Alternative Learning Environment director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas.

country girl

Woodburn, OR

#1 Jun 15, 2010
well it is about time the Superintendent did something to that lady before things got worse. Can't believe she was placed in handcuffs and then let go,from what was printed in the newspaper the police officer was doing exactly what should have been done, but for some reason they let her go. Why are they just now doing something about it. what took them so long? How many of us in our places of employment would have been allowed to continue working after acting the way she did in her place of employment? What makes her above the law? Looks like she finally got some sort of punishment. And I don't believe for one minure she asked to be reassigned. Why is she still employed? Guess that is a question we will have to ask our School Board.
guest

United States

#2 Jun 15, 2010
It makes no difference to me. That racist bi%$h is out of the Junior High. I bet she fits right in at her new assignment with the rest of the thugs. Now, they should have a better environment for the students to learn in. I hope the Chief of Police will put Mr. Varner back in the school where he belongs. He really did a good job there and the teachers and students enjoyed him being there too.
Free

Benton, AR

#3 Jun 15, 2010
guest wrote:
It makes no difference to me. That racist bi%$h is out of the Junior High. I bet she fits right in at her new assignment with the rest of the thugs. Now, they should have a better environment for the students to learn in. I hope the Chief of Police will put Mr. Varner back in the school where he belongs. He really did a good job there and the teachers and students enjoyed him being there too.
Katie Jones isn't a racist, she was just down right rude and nasty to all race, she didn't care what color you were. We all know, when some people get a little power and seniority it goes to their head and they forget how to treat people. People in today's society have to realize that when you do someone wrong you have to remember there is a 360 degree that will come back on you. That's why it's very important that you treat "EVERYONE" equal. Because when your in that type of position you must treat your relatives the same as you would any other student. If not, then your in the wrong position and that's where Katie was..she let her position go to head an now it has cost her, her "Position" you see God don't like uglyness....she thought she was the high and almighty...but we see who's still in control...GOD
guest

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jun 15, 2010
country girl wrote:
well it is about time the Superintendent did something to that lady before things got worse. Can't believe she was placed in handcuffs and then let go,from what was printed in the newspaper the police officer was doing exactly what should have been done, but for some reason they let her go. Why are they just now doing something about it. what took them so long? How many of us in our places of employment would have been allowed to continue working after acting the way she did in her place of employment? What makes her above the law? Looks like she finally got some sort of punishment. And I don't believe for one minure she asked to be reassigned. Why is she still employed? Guess that is a question we will have to ask our School Board.
Why don't you contact one of them and ask. I have and was satisfied with the response. This person was very concerned about what could be said but did give some insight as to what real authority the board has. They only hire and fire the superintendent, its in the law that governs them. As for other staff, they only vote on the recommendation of the superintendent and generally should support that recommendation.
ALE Supporter

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2010
The students at ALE are not Thugs, many are students who are dealing with family issues, have several health related problems, social issues such as teen pregancy, loss of a parent etc. Please don't label children with such a broad insult. Many of these kids are working to get their lives back on track and do not need the slander from cheap seats.
Avery Deon Allen

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2010
To whom this may concern that think they know something about Mrs. Katie Jones, I Avery Allen is her youngest son. My mother Katie Jones has been working for the school district of Forrest City,AR since I been on earth. You people have a whole lot to say and know nothing. Everything that you know is he say she say. People that are saying this, I probably know you,or your kids or siblings close to you. 9 times out of 10 you people have bad a$$ kids that went through the junior high or currently in the junior high when Katie was principle. Before then Mrs. Katie Jones was 8th and 9th grade history teacher. This racial thing don't say Katie Jones is racial, you can say her son Avery Allen is racial because I went through the Bull$%^T. Ya'll hollering this racial $ht why didn't you say the same $ht when Billy Ferguson was principal of FCJHS. 85% of the black children that went when he was principal know he is racial. But Ya'll want to say this racial stuff. My mother is not going to let you disrespect her at all. Since I been out of school since 2001 there is a lot of little Bull$h*t that's been going on. She is not going to sacrifice her self or lure herself to a bad a$$ kid that is white or black, but when it comes down to her kids,grandchildren etc that officer knows that he was in the wrong. And the $h*t ya'll saying is wrong.But why since I left Arkansas ya'll been picking at my mother. And I know for a fact that you do not like my mother because there was a lot little slick $h*T said about her when I was in school but not to my face.But that racial $h*t you can thump that out the window because my mother is not racial. Yea I do not like you white folks that is in Forrest City,AR because you tried to pull the same bull$h*t when i was in school. And to my brothers before me.My mother is going to do whats right in her mind. So when you comment on anything that is racial towards my mother it ain't true. My mother is the one who taught me how to deal with you white folks in Forrest City,AR because there is a lot of undercover racial people that works for FCJHSD I can name them all off but it would take all day. But until then talk what you know not what you heard. Because if you know any dam thing you should know when I was coming up through school if anything said about my mother you was either getting your a$$ whoop or checked.Because I was not the best student but people get tired of the bull$h*t ya'll bring but ya'll can't get off your a$$ and get a job. You just want to hate on what others got Because whatever you call yourself knowing comes from what that white man put in the paper or what your kids say. And remember its two sides of a story, and if your black you have no sides and have to accept what the white man put on your a$$. But until then you got Katie Jones fuk up. So please talk true facts and not what you insinuate or heard. Because I know for a fact half of ya'll doing the same $h*t that ya'll was doing there ever since I been living there. Don't you think its time for a change? So stop hating on black folks
Avery Deon Allen

United States

#7 Jun 15, 2010
Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie Jones isn't a racist, she was just down right rude and nasty to all race, she didn't care what color you were. We all know, when some people get a little power and seniority it goes to their head and they forget how to treat people. People in today's society have to realize that when you do someone wrong you have to remember there is a 360 degree that will come back on you. That's why it's very important that you treat "EVERYONE" equal. Because when your in that type of position you must treat your relatives the same as you would any other student. If not, then your in the wrong position and that's where Katie was..she let her position go to head an now it has cost her, her "Position" you see God don't like uglyness....she thought she was the high and almighty...but we see who's still in control...GOD
You right GOD does not like ugly and thats why he removed her from the prejudice and was place to children who really needs the attention who is trying to get a good education just because they have a hard knock life but they still have a chance at life. She still has a job unlike the rest of you. And the only thing it cost her was to be free from prejudice. Remember everything happens for a reason. And that reason ALWAYS comes out for a good benefit. SO get it straight if you want to put the religious side to it, you ungodly and uncouth people. All of ya'll are sinners and can not cast the first stone.
country girl

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Avery Deon Allen wrote:
To whom this may concern that think they know something about Mrs. Katie Jones, I Avery Allen is her youngest son. My mother Katie Jones has been working for the school district of Forrest City,AR since I been on earth. You people have a whole lot to say and know nothing. Everything that you know is he say she say. People that are saying this, I probably know you,or your kids or siblings close to you. 9 times out of 10 you people have bad a$$ kids that went through the junior high or currently in the junior high when Katie was principle. Before then Mrs. Katie Jones was 8th and 9th grade history teacher. This racial thing don't say Katie Jones is racial, you can say her son Avery Allen is racial because I went through the Bull$%^T. Ya'll hollering this racial $ht why didn't you say the same $ht when Billy Ferguson was principal of FCJHS. 85% of the black children that went when he was principal know he is racial. But Ya'll want to say this racial stuff. My mother is not going to let you disrespect her at all. Since I been out of school since 2001 there is a lot of little Bull$h*t that's been going on. She is not going to sacrifice her self or lure herself to a bad a$$ kid that is white or black, but when it comes down to her kids,grandchildren etc that officer knows that he was in the wrong. And the $h*t ya'll saying is wrong.But why since I left Arkansas ya'll been picking at my mother. And I know for a fact that you do not like my mother because there was a lot little slick $h*T said about her when I was in school but not to my face.But that racial $h*t you can thump that out the window because my mother is not racial. Yea I do not like you white folks that is in Forrest City,AR because you tried to pull the same bull$h*t when i was in school. And to my brothers before me.My mother is going to do whats right in her mind. So when you comment on anything that is racial towards my mother it ain't true. My mother is the one who taught me how to deal with you white folks in Forrest City,AR because there is a lot of undercover racial people that works for FCJHSD I can name them all off but it would take all day. But until then talk what you know not what you heard. Because if you know any dam thing you should know when I was coming up through school if anything said about my mother you was either getting your a$$ whoop or checked.Because I was not the best student but people get tired of the bull$h*t ya'll bring but ya'll can't get off your a$$ and get a job. You just want to hate on what others got Because whatever you call yourself knowing comes from what that white man put in the paper or what your kids say. And remember its two sides of a story, and if your black you have no sides and have to accept what the white man put on your a$$. But until then you got Katie Jones fuk up. So please talk true facts and not what you insinuate or heard. Because I know for a fact half of ya'll doing the same $h*t that ya'll was doing there ever since I been living there. Don't you think its time for a change? So stop hating on black folks
PLEASE get real, I worked at the Junior High under Mr. Chambers and Billy Ferguson and was there when your mother was hired, she had a problem then with power and it has only gotten worse. Mr. Chambers and Mr. Ferguson handled the students as students and as an African American I never saw either of them show favoritism to either race, but when Katie took over even the African American teachers saw how racist she was and she would step on anyone to get to the top, well as the saying goes "you need to be nice to the folks you see on the way up because they are the same ones you see on the way down" and she is at the bottom of the ladder now and that is where she should stay
Guest

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2010
Someone that knows please tell me the previous two posts are not from Katie's real son. If it is the apple has not fallen far from the tree. As an educator Katie should be very disappointed at the lack of grammer and lack of intelligence demonstrated in those two posts.
guest

United States

#10 Jun 16, 2010
LOL, I was thinking the same thing as I read his post.
Edumakater

Little Rock, AR

#11 Jun 16, 2010
Guest, I agree. Please tell us this is not really her son. Good thing she taught History and not English.

ra·cial&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;re&# 618;&#643;&#601;l/ Show Spelled[rey-shuhl]
–adjective
1.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of one race or the races of humankind.
2.arising, occurring, or existing because of differences between races or racial attitudes:

rac·ism&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;re&# 618;s&#618;z&#601;m/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

—Related forms
racist, noun, adjective

Just in case, please use to word correctly, racial/racist, OK, Thanks.

Funny how during all of these events no one ever said anything about race, just her showing favortism towards her grand daughter and her friends. Now if you would have said people were calling her ignorant, then you would be correct (and obviously the apple does not fall from the tree).

What I do LOVE, is how the article in the paper stated she asked to be reassigned, maybe she did. Maybe it was either take ALE or fired, so she asked to be put at ALE.

Either way the ignorant, mean, hateful, troublesome,uneducated principal is no longer at the FCJH.

Not much else to say to 'the son'. To be honest, didn't really read all of your post, couldn't, didn't make sense, sorry but good effort.
guest

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2010
So who is going to get the job as the new principal? I hope it is someone good.
jangalang jangalang

San Diego, CA

#13 Jun 16, 2010
she needs to quite for good lol
guest

Roe, AR

#14 Jun 16, 2010
Avery Deon Allen wrote:
To whom this may concern that think they know something about Mrs. Katie Jones, I Avery Allen is her youngest son. My mother Katie Jones has been working for the school district of Forrest City,AR since I been on earth. You people have a whole lot to say and know nothing. Everything that you know is he say she say. People that are saying this, I probably know you,or your kids or siblings close to you. 9 times out of 10 you people have bad a$$ kids that went through the junior high or currently in the junior high when Katie was principle. Before then Mrs. Katie Jones was 8th and 9th grade history teacher. This racial thing don't say Katie Jones is racial, you can say her son Avery Allen is racial because I went through the Bull$%^T. Ya'll hollering this racial $ht why didn't you say the same $ht when Billy Ferguson was principal of FCJHS. 85% of the black children that went when he was principal know he is racial. But Ya'll want to say this racial stuff. My mother is not going to let you disrespect her at all. Since I been out of school since 2001 there is a lot of little Bull$h*t that's been going on. She is not going to sacrifice her self or lure herself to a bad a$$ kid that is white or black, but when it comes down to her kids,grandchildren etc that officer knows that he was in the wrong. And the $h*t ya'll saying is wrong.But why since I left Arkansas ya'll been picking at my mother. And I know for a fact that you do not like my mother because there was a lot little slick $h*T said about her when I was in school but not to my face.But that racial $h*t you can thump that out the window because my mother is not racial. Yea I do not like you white folks that is in Forrest City,AR because you tried to pull the same bull$h*t when i was in school. And to my brothers before me.My mother is going to do whats right in her mind. So when you comment on anything that is racial towards my mother it ain't true. My mother is the one who taught me how to deal with you white folks in Forrest City,AR because there is a lot of undercover racial people that works for FCJHSD I can name them all off but it would take all day. But until then talk what you know not what you heard. Because if you know any dam thing you should know when I was coming up through school if anything said about my mother you was either getting your a$$ whoop or checked.Because I was not the best student but people get tired of the bull$h*t ya'll bring but ya'll can't get off your a$$ and get a job. You just want to hate on what others got Because whatever you call yourself knowing comes from what that white man put in the paper or what your kids say. And remember its two sides of a story, and if your black you have no sides and have to accept what the white man put on your a$$. But until then you got Katie Jones fuk up. So please talk true facts and not what you insinuate or heard. Because I know for a fact half of ya'll doing the same $h*t that ya'll was doing there ever since I been living there. Don't you think its time for a change? So stop hating on black folks
I am ashamed for you~~~ Don't say you went to Forrest City Schools and write like that!!!! That is terrible.
jangalang jangalang

San Diego, CA

#15 Jun 16, 2010
forrest city high school is a big joke.
Free

Benton, AR

#16 Jun 16, 2010
jangalang jangalang wrote:
forrest city high school is a big joke.
It's not the school that's a joke .....it's the pepole "SOME" not all. Let get that straight.
jangalang jangalang

San Diego, CA

#17 Jun 16, 2010
makeing kids feel like there in prison. wearing dress codes please. this isn;t memphis or littl;e rock or new york this is pure country baby. leave them kids alone. and maybe they will act right
guest

Roe, AR

#18 Jun 16, 2010
jangalang jangalang wrote:
makeing kids feel like there in prison. wearing dress codes please. this isn;t memphis or littl;e rock or new york this is pure country baby. leave them kids alone. and maybe they will act right
If the parents would make sure the kids follow the rules, then there would not be a problem. What is going to happen when there is a dress code at their jobs? Maybe they will not be able to follow the rules!!! That is a life skill--FOLLOW THE RULES!!! Parents need to learn that also.
eye on u

Waterloo, Canada

#19 Jun 16, 2010
well who are u to talk your mom could not do a dam thing with u so y do u thing she can do some with our kids and her bad azz grand child F her up so stop acting like your dam mom is angel ha ha
Pink N 8

Graham, WA

#20 Jun 21, 2010
I am 100% black and Katie Jones is not a racist, but she is one ignorant, unaware, rude, impolite, black WITCH. And I mean ignorant! Some days I see her and she don’t know whether she be going or coming No stability-No leadership- Therefore the school had NO ORDER… Mrs. Bettye Jones has been retired for many years, but I bet she could return from retirement and have the school under better management than that of KATIE JONES! Bring BILLY FERGUSON, MARSHALL JAMES, TEMPIE MOOREHEAD, OR EVEN BETTYE JONES BACK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff 4 min Friend 38
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr --Bad Dad-- 40,134
Ronnie Midgets 5 hr FYI 23
Just wondering 6 hr Guest 1 5
She's done it again 6 hr Guest 43
News Two-Headed Snake Spotted In Forrest City Sat Guest 4
forrest city federal prison low (Oct '08) Fri Guest 398

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forrest City Mortgages