First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2012
What is the final policy? I understand they can wear blue or white tee shirts during the week Mon-Thur. Does this mean mustang tee shirts and mustang blue and white. Or navy and white tees with Mustangs.

the pant colors are navy, kaki and black. Do they have have a belt? If the pants to not have loops are they ok.

Can the wear navy or black nylon shorts like the coaches do?

On Friday any color/ typed mustang shirt. It this right? Start to shop.

Need some direction.
GrannywKidz

Benton, AR

#2 Jun 20, 2012
Why won't they lay out the uniform policy now? I need to help buy uniforms for my grand babies and I want to start looking for deals. The supply lists are gonna come out at the last minute so I wanted to start early on the uniform. Yes! Money is the reason.

United States

#3 Jun 20, 2012
question wrote:
What is the final policy? I understand they can wear blue or white tee shirts during the week Mon-Thur. Does this mean mustang tee shirts and mustang blue and white. Or navy and white tees with Mustangs.
the pant colors are navy, kaki and black. Do they have have a belt? If the pants to not have loops are they ok.
Can the wear navy or black nylon shorts like the coaches do?
On Friday any color/ typed mustang shirt. It this right? Start to shop.
Need some direction.
Where did you hear this? I havent heard anything, so jusst wondering if this was reliable

Since: Mar 11

Dixie

#4 Jun 20, 2012
It has been laid out and approved. Contact the school to get the policy info. Don't rely on topix.

Benton, AR

#5 Jun 21, 2012
Pants- navy blue, black, or khaki
Shirts- navy blue or white
Mustang t-shirts blue and white can be worn any day of the week
Pre-K thru 2nd no belt requirement

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2012
I see they still want to control how we dress our own children, NO FREEDOM HERE!!! Lets not teach, lets focus on uniforms everyday.. AGAIN!! What about everyone who WORKS in te school district? Do they still dress in regular clothing? No wonder it is in the shape it is in, they never learn. Too focused on issues that cause more trouble.
question

Euless, TX

#7 Jun 23, 2012
guest wrote:
I see they still want to control how we dress our own children, NO FREEDOM HERE!!! Lets not teach, lets focus on uniforms everyday.. AGAIN!! What about everyone who WORKS in te school district? Do they still dress in regular clothing? No wonder it is in the shape it is in, they never learn. Too focused on issues that cause more trouble.
I have no issues with school uniforms as long as the are kid comfortable, reasonable in cost and easy to maintain. I just wanted to be sure I understood the changes.

I do not believe the adults should be required to wear uniforms. I believe there is dress requirements for teachers.

As a community we need to support the schools not tear them down.

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issues with school uniforms as long as the are kid comfortable, reasonable in cost and easy to maintain. I just wanted to be sure I understood the changes.
I do not believe the adults should be required to wear uniforms. I believe there is dress requirements for teachers.
You can add your opinion, but you dont want to hear noone elses. That is what is wrong here!! Your opinion is just that.. YOUR opinion

Euless, TX

#9 Jun 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You can add your opinion, but you dont want to hear noone elses. That is what is wrong here!! Your opinion is just that.. YOUR opinion
And so is yours! That is called the First Amendment and Freedom To Speak.

My opinion! is just as valuable as yours. In my opinion I am Right!!!!!!!

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And so is yours! That is called the First Amendment and Freedom To Speak.
My opinion! is just as valuable as yours. In my opinion I am Right!!!!!!!
They will be taking that Freedom away before too long! Slowly but surely
supply if required

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2012
guest wrote:
If the school is going to required that the students have to wear uniforms then the school system should pay for at least 3 uniforms per child. The economy is to bad to require additional finicial burdens on families. The students have to have uniforms then all staff should be required to wear uniforms also. There should be no difference. Families can not afford to buy uniforms and then clothes for their children to wear when not in school. Uniforms are one of the reasons parents do not want there children to go to F.C. schools . They should stop the stupid uniform requirement and all of the other expenses placed on them like kleenex, hand sanitizer to just mention a couple. There is no way that each child needs the amount of items placed on that list. You place an additional finicial hardship on paents that they just cannot afford. Worry about teaching students not about what color there socks or shoe strings are. That is so ridiculous. Focus on changing some of the stupid rules you have like you can't talk in the halls you can't talk in the cafeteria. You work on tearing down the kids instead of building them up. I know of to many GOOD kids that has been suspended for such stupidity and then you go on to make it even harder on the parents by making them have to come to the sschool at the end of these stupid suspensions. What about there jobs ? I guess it doesn't matter if they lose there jobs because you decide you are going to pick on these same kids over and over and over. I can remember when I went to school we had fun kidding around and playing jokes on our friends and you have made the Forrest City school worse than what prisioners at our prisions have to deal with. Shame on you FCSD. You are the ones that have gave your schools the bad ratings and bad name. Not your students. You are the ones that have made it to where the parents do not want there children in FC schools. Get with the program. Change your stupid idiotic rules. You want them to wear uniforms pay for them and then when they get a little tear in then or a stain on them then buy them new ones because you require them. Make all of the staff wear them also because the purpose was to know if someone was on campus that was not suppose to be. Hows that when the adults are wearing street clothes. It was suppose to cut down on the kids putting other kids down because one set could afford more expensive clothes or shoes. It didn't help. Focus on what matters EDUCATION NOT CLOTHES AND DUMB TALKING RULES OR WRONG COLOR SOCKS AND SHOE STRINGS. THEY SHOULD FIRE ALL OF YOU AND START OVER WITH PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE !!!
FC Guest

Forrest City, AR

#12 Jun 27, 2012
supply if required wrote:
<quoted text>
If the school is going to required that the students have to wear uniforms then the school system should pay for at least 3 uniforms per child. The economy is to bad to require additional finicial burdens on families. The students have to have uniforms then all staff should be required to wear uniforms also. There should be no difference. Families can not afford to buy uniforms and then clothes for their children to wear when not in school. Uniforms are one of the reasons parents do not want there children to go to F.C. schools . They should stop the stupid uniform requirement and all of the other expenses placed on them like kleenex, hand sanitizer to just mention a couple. There is no way that each child needs the amount of items placed on that list. You place an additional finicial hardship on paents that they just cannot afford. Worry about teaching students not about what color there socks or shoe strings are. That is so ridiculous. Focus on changing some of the stupid rules you have like you can't talk in the halls you can't talk in the cafeteria. You work on tearing down the kids instead of building them up. I know of to many GOOD kids that has been suspended for such stupidity and then you go on to make it even harder on the parents by making them have to come to the sschool at the end of these stupid suspensions. What about there jobs ? I guess it doesn't matter if they lose there jobs because you decide you are going to pick on these same kids over and over and over. I can remember when I went to school we had fun kidding around and playing jokes on our friends and you have made the Forrest City school worse than what prisioners at our prisions have to deal with. Shame on you FCSD. You are the ones that have gave your schools the bad ratings and bad name. Not your students. You are the ones that have made it to where the parents do not want there children in FC schools. Get with the program. Change your stupid idiotic rules. You want them to wear uniforms pay for them and then when they get a little tear in then or a stain on them then buy them new ones because you require them. Make all of the staff wear them also because the purpose was to know if someone was on campus that was not suppose to be. Hows that when the adults are wearing street clothes. It was suppose to cut down on the kids putting other kids down because one set could afford more expensive clothes or shoes. It didn't help. Focus on what matters EDUCATION NOT CLOTHES AND DUMB TALKING RULES OR WRONG COLOR SOCKS AND SHOE STRINGS. THEY SHOULD FIRE ALL OF YOU AND START OVER WITH PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE !!!
There are 3 school board positions up this year. Run if you want changes.

Forrest City, AR

#13 Jun 27, 2012
supply if required wrote:
<quoted text>
. This is so very true they are turning the schools into prisons and they are dumming down the kids there are two very good documentarys on schools that every parent should watch they are "the war on kids" and "waiting for superman" they are eye openers its time for parents to come together and fight back these schools can only do to your kids what you let them do if everyone withdrew their children and demanded better the schools would get there act together real fast no kids in their seats no tax dollars for the schools create a petition and have all the parents sign there is power in numbers.
agree

Forrest City, AR

#14 Jun 27, 2012
run for a position

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2012
agree wrote:
run for a position
Are you saying because we dont have a "position" that we dont have a say as parents? I think this explains why FCSD is in the shape it is in!!!! You said it!

United States

#23 Jun 28, 2012
When wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's shame on parents. Children should come to school receptive to rules and ready to learn. Someone said that they believed if the teachers could be swapped such as Wynne and FC, that theer wouldn't be much difference in the schools as they are now. I, too, believe that. They teachers that come from FC schools and go to Wynne have good scores just like the original Wynne teachers do and they have just about the same classroom management with not nearly as many behavior problems. Just go visit the schools then write up a comparison and contrast for us here on Topix. Maybe parents need to change their parenting ways so their children will be behaved at school so they and others can learn.
An this is the kind of teachers who we send our children to, to learn, NOT ME!!

United States

#25 Jun 29, 2012
When wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR kids are Americans and Americans are #34 in math, 14th in reading and 17th in science. No matter where you send them in America, the world knows them as failing Americans. YOU are YOUR child's first teacher. Are YOU so dumb that YOU can't teach him or her properly the first five years of his or her life? And I do not proofread. You understand clearly what was said and what was meant. Also, my dear, everyone is a teacher, even a one day old baby. YOU chose to screw and have YOUR kids.
No, Im not dumb, you are. I homeschool my children, So Yes I am my childs teacher. Your statements are the exact reason I will not send my children to YOU to learn.

United States

#26 Jun 29, 2012
When wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR kids are Americans and Americans are #34 in math, 14th in reading and 17th in science. No matter where you send them in America, the world knows them as failing Americans. YOU are YOUR child's first teacher. Are YOU so dumb that YOU can't teach him or her properly the first five years of his or her life? And I do not proofread. You understand clearly what was said and what was meant. Also, my dear, everyone is a teacher, even a one day old baby. YOU chose to screw and have YOUR kids.
And what does "screwing and having kids" have anything to do with this. My dear, I believe it was making love to my husband and having my beautiful, wonderful children, that I Do teach and take care of, Thank You very much! So maybe you need to be taught something!! I sure hope this is not what you teach your children. And you called me dumb?

Houston, TX

#29 Jun 30, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't have to tear them down they do that well enough on there own.Yes, all staff should have to ear the same uniforms that the students are made to wear. Iff all of the parents would stand together and refuse to by uniforms they would get rid of this ridulous prison requirement. Prisoners wear uniforms, so I guess we are teaching the kids they are prisoners. What is there crime for there 12 year sentence. Maybe we should take there shoe strings and belts away from them and girls no purses (with straps) because you can strangle someone with these articles.lets see what else we want to force on them since you have already taken there freedom from them.

Euless, TX

#30 Jun 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't have to tear them down they do that well enough on there own.Yes, all staff should have to ear the same uniforms that the students are made to wear. Iff all of the parents would stand together and refuse to by uniforms they would get rid of this ridulous prison requirement. Prisoners wear uniforms, so I guess we are teaching the kids they are prisoners. What is there crime for there 12 year sentence. Maybe we should take there shoe strings and belts away from them and girls no purses (with straps) because you can strangle someone with these articles.lets see what else we want to force on them since you have already taken there freedom from them.
I wish you would act this fanatical about student achievement and discipline issues in the district.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Looking Girl Of All Time From Forrest City (Dec '09) 34 min guest 129
Whatever happened to Cat Cupples 5 hr Looking 1
Vicky wilson 11 hr Annoyed 2
Nikki derrick Fri Hohoho 10
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Fri Voter 30,928
New Nail place by Ameca (Feb '11) Fri Yeah 7
Rolex business watch rolex fashion watch on ilu... Thu Tinny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forrest City Mortgages