FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Every situation is different in some case it's the parents, on some cases it's the child and a lot of times it's the teachers.

I have a scenario for you, I have 2 kids one is a high school drop out, had problems from day one in school, with horrible, non supervised, misbehaving peers, and with worthless people teachers, and I have another child who has a 3.9, job, and pays for they own car.
Same parents, same teachers, same family, same house, same everything
Now who you blame?

“The Dawg is In!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

FYI wrote:
Every situation is different in some case it's the parents, on some cases it's the child and a lot of times it's the teachers.

I have a scenario for you, I have 2 kids one is a high school drop out, had problems from day one in school, with horrible, non supervised, misbehaving peers, and with worthless people teachers, and I have another child who has a 3.9, job, and pays for they own car.
Same parents, same teachers, same family, same house, same everything
Now who you blame?
You don't blame anyone.

It's ultimately the parents who are responsible for their kids. Not necessarily always their fault, but it is their responsibility.
Ive heard it all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

School's are not like they were years ago because the parents and teachers aren't like they used to be. I can guarantee that in the old days if you showed out at school or didn't do your class work, your parents made you wish you had. They didn't medicate their children in order to get a check or a free ride. They spent time with their children trying to make sure they were well rounded mentally and spiritually. We were taught responsiility and self-respect. It makes me sad and mad that the children with the entitlement attitudes are the children and grandchildren of people my age and I know they weren't raised with that attitude so why are they allowing it out of their offspring. I see grown people in the grocery store wearing pajamas, I mean where is your common sense and self-respect. I am not looking forward to the future and what is going to be considered normal or okay 10 years from now.
Frustrated Parent

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ive heard it all wrote:
School's are not like they were years ago because the parents and teachers aren't like they used to be. I can guarantee that in the old days if you showed out at school or didn't do your class work, your parents made you wish you had. They didn't medicate their children in order to get a check or a free ride. They spent time with their children trying to make sure they were well rounded mentally and spiritually. We were taught responsiility and self-respect. It makes me sad and mad that the children with the entitlement attitudes are the children and grandchildren of people my age and I know they weren't raised with that attitude so why are they allowing it out of their offspring. I see grown people in the grocery store wearing pajamas, I mean where is your common sense and self-respect. I am not looking forward to the future and what is going to be considered normal or okay 10 years from now.
In the old days schools were all about educating kids, they were allowed to use corporal punishment, which they can no longer do. Parents were allowed to give their kids whoopings they would never forget, but that too is no longer allowed. Government has came into schools and homes limiting how kids are disciplined, that is why it's not like it once was. Most parents are forced by schools to have their kids medicated, because they don't want to deal with high spirited kids, against what parents want for their kids. Like myself, I was told by schools that if I didn't get my kid on meds then they would file a report with CPS for neglecting medical care to my child, although I was and still am against a kid being put on narcotics, opening an chance of drug addiction. I was also told not to bring my child back to school until I did, which would get me in trouble with truancy policy. So, I had no choice, do what they wanted, or put my family through hell being investigated or taken to court and fined, it had nothing to do with a check. I was taught responsibility and self respect and morals and I have taught my kids, as well. It doesn't matter what I'm comfortable wearing, as long as it doesn't show my body, then I still respect myself. If I were dressed like most young girls, barely clothed then I would not be able to respect myself. We were also told back in the day, not to judge a book by it's cover, so just because someone goes into a store wearing pajamas doesn't mean they don't respect themselves or that they are not respectable. Anyone who has read the Bible, already knew the world was going to be like this, God gave us warning.
Ive heard it all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Pajamas are defined as sleepwear! Wake up do whats right not whats comfortable.
Frustrated Parent

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Ive heard it all wrote:
Pajamas are defined as sleepwear! Wake up do whats right not whats comfortable.
Who is to say what is right for everyone? That could be the only clothes some people have, do you want to give then yours? You do not judge others by what they wear, you don't judge them at all. Maybe they have a good reason for wearing what they wear, you do not know. Eggs are breakfast food, but people eat them for dinner all the time. Just because they are defined as sleepwear, doesn't mean anything, what about everyday clothes, are people who wear tee shirts to bed wrong, too, after all they are not defined as sleepwear? You are so fixated on people who wear pajamas in stores, but what about women who wear clothes 3 sizes too small and let it all hang out. Seems like if something bothered you, it would be those who show what God gave them, not those who are respectful enough to cover themselves. Wake up, do what is right, mind your own business and quit judging others.

sQu

“sQu”

Since: Dec 12

Forrest City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

The point is why does it matter what someone wears? It matters how a person is, how a parent traces their child to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson - Forrest City, AR 18 min lolol 14
Robert Ashley Gray 39 min Mr crabs 1
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 29,432
Mrs long transferred from FCHS 4 hr guest 15
Curious 4 hr guest 22
brent sexton 6 hr lolol 4
big ballers in town?? 6 hr lolol 1

Search the Forrest City Forum:
•••
•••