forrest city or palestine

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

My husband is being transferred to Forrest City. We are looking to buy a house but can not decide rather to buy in Forrest City or Palestine because of the schools. Which school do you think is the best

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

forrest city or palestine wrote:
My husband is being transferred to Forrest City. We are looking to buy a house but can not decide rather to buy in Forrest City or Palestine because of the schools. Which school do you think is the best
FC has more programs, after-school activities, AP courses, and better athletics. It is a larger school and has had some discipline issues though.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>FC has more programs, after-school activities, AP courses, and better athletics. It is a larger school and has had some discipline issues though.
PALESTINE
Next

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Wynne
and

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Lee Academy

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

and wrote:
Lee Academy
Lee Academy can not offer the academic opportunities of a public school.
are u kiddin me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Lee Academy has more to offer than ANY public school and they're not in FISCAL DISTRESS!!!
fyi

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

They do not have certified teachers. Students do not qualify for the lottery scholarships due to there offerings in math. Plus who wants to attend a racially based private school.

“The Dawg is In!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

fyi wrote:
They do not have certified teachers. Students do not qualify for the lottery scholarships due to there offerings in math. Plus who wants to attend a racially based private school.
Are you suggesting FCPS have not become racially based?
and

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

They do have some teachers with degrees other than education... As most schools- if not ALL- have this as well. There are a lot of fully certified teachers there.
The peace of mind of not having my child in a gang-infested school is wonderful.
the real truth

Hamshire, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

fyi wrote:
Who wants to attend a public school where reverse discrimination is a fact, who wants to e scared to drop their child off at schools daily, who wants a school to focus more on what color belt you wear instead of the bullies?
fyi

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>Who wants to attend a public school where reverse discrimination is a fact, who wants to e scared to drop their child off at schools daily, who wants a school to focus more on what color belt you wear instead of the bullies?
Examples of reverse discrimination.
Scared children- I volunteer and I do not see any. The uniforms are not a big issue this year.
the real truth

Hamshire, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

fyi wrote:
<quoted text>Examples of reverse discrimination.
Scared children- I volunteer and I do not see any. The uniforms are not a big issue this year.
Because children left and are in other school districts, so glad they aren't an issue this year but I hear the bullies still are, oh and the children having orgies in the band hall
wondering

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>Because children left and are in other school districts, so glad they aren't an issue this year but I hear the bullies still are, oh and the children having orgies in the band hall
I understand you can get a drink or take a toke on the parking lot at Lee. Who know what they are doing in those
vehicles?

“The Dawg is In!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you can get a drink or take a toke on the parking lot at Lee. Who know what they are doing in those
vehicles?
I bet any student that attends Palestine, Lee Academy, or Calvary could correct the grammar in your post.
usa

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Scuba Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>I bet any student that attends Palestine, Lee Academy, or Calvary could correct the grammar in your post.
Maybe I was to excited watching the election returns. I was distracted with celebrating for President Obama's win.

“The Dawg is In!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

usa wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I was to excited watching the election returns. I was distracted with celebrating for President Obama's win.
I'm sure he's going to blame the next four unsuccessful years on Bush as well.

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

There are plenty of smart kids in the FCSD. Unfortunately there are a lot more ignorant kids with discipline issues that over shadow them.
former student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Lee Academy's teachers are certified in education, some of them just choose not to apply it to the students. Which is fine because the students busy themselves with cell phones and gossip. Which is much better than busting yourself with bullying or buying/selling drugs. There are more races than just white in attendance. As a matter of fact there was an Indian child in attendance at the same time I was attending. I grew up in f.c.p.s. and when we 10th graders had to read aloud the education level was apparent! It will make it harder on your child when they attend college but they can catch up quick if they're smart and really want to. As for the smoking/drinking in the parking lot, students cannot leave the building until school let's out. And I don't see f.c.s.d. doing random drug tests to weed the bad kids out like they do at Lee. And at prom, they breathalize every student before they're allowed to leave!

Since: Jun 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Just wait till they start taking testsfor college-THEN yo will find out how low LAC's standards really are!!!
and wrote:
They do have some teachers with degrees other than education... As most schools- if not ALL- have this as well. There are a lot of fully certified teachers there.
The peace of mind of not having my child in a gang-infested school is wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Forrest City Forum right now

Search the Forrest City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson - Forrest City, AR 3 min Scuba Dawg 10
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr I like Birds 9,827
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr nobody 29,430
keep deleting topix forums ima keep making them 11 hr wonder 2
Curious 14 hr And 20
another drug dealer busted 15 hr yepjep 12
FCSD Holding people hostage Mon Guest 19
•••
•••
•••
Forrest City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••