Mayor Larry Bryant says FC headed in ...

Mayor Larry Bryant says FC headed in right direction

There are 52 comments on the Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Mayor Larry Bryant says FC headed in right direction. In it, Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas reports that:

RESIDENTS TAKING OWNERSHIP OF NEIGHBORHOODS HELPING Forrest City Mayor Larry Bryant said he is positive about the future of the city as he recaps what was accomplished in 2012 and looks ahead to next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Herald of Forrest City, Arkansas.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lol

West Memphis, AR

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Which Forrest City is Larry talking about?

West Memphis, AR

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Mine
Lmfao

Little Rock, AR

#3 Dec 29, 2012
It headed straight to hell

Since: Nov 12

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2012
I agree,which Forrest City is he talking about.What direction is the right one?Can he not see?The downtown business district used to be center of commerce,not only for Forrest but for a large portion of eastern Arkansas.Look at it now,it's empty concrete slabs and tin buildings. Drive around town see the empty homes,where families used to live,or empty lots where homes once stood. We have seen our businesses close, families leave,what has he seen?Crime continues to rise, they are shooting people in the streets in broad daylight.A couple of years ago they even shot window out of the police station which just happens to be across the street from his office.I don't doubt that he wants to put a positive spin on things,but it is still spin,it's not reality.Its good to be king even if your kingdom is a dung heap.

Tupelo, MS

#5 Dec 29, 2012
It's headed in the direction he has intended all along he wants an all black city !! He's a HUGE racist HATES white people and seems to be getting his wish of an all chocolate city! Almost all or any of the white folks with brains have left already.

West Memphis, AR

#6 Dec 29, 2012
You all need to move so those of us who want Forrest City to prosper and become the Jewel of the Delta. Do something, organize something, sponsor something. Money is an issue here. To rise we need to move together and stop bashing everyone's efforts. See the new trash bins. Look at how good trash collection is working. Coming together as a Community is sponsoring family activities that is bringing us closer. Complaining accomplishes nothing. Get off your ass and help.
mayor

Dallas, TX

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Vote for my new pool and everything will be fine.

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2012
We do need an indoor pool. It will allow our youth to learn to swim and have activities and allow our elders to have aquatic exercise classes to improve mobility. So yes promote the building of an indoor pool. Look at the widespread obesity in the area. We can improve our quality of life and attract business back. Grow up and stand up for where we live. We must BLOOM where we are PLANTED!!!!!!!

Tupelo, MS

#9 Dec 29, 2012
You were planted in a big pile of poopie!
Really

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2012
Are you people that stupid? The only way this town will ever get better is to run the coons out of the city offices. Then put white folks back in just it use to be when there was industrey here.
Hehe

Lampasas, TX

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
We do need an indoor pool. It will allow our youth to learn to swim and have activities and allow our elders to have aquatic exercise classes to improve mobility. So yes promote the building of an indoor pool. Look at the widespread obesity in the area. We can improve our quality of life and attract business back. Grow up and stand up for where we live. We must BLOOM where we are PLANTED!!!!!!!
better put a grease trap in that pool lol

United States

#12 Dec 29, 2012
A pool is going to attract business back to this town? That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.Please tell me you aren't serious. Crime, schools and a willing workforce,that is the answer. What business would consider locating in a town where the employees lock the door if they are there by themselves,because they are scared of being robbed,raped or killed.The high school students are going into empty rooms and having sex and it never would have been found out if things weren't found to be missing from a locked room.The school administrators didn't even notice the kids weren't in class.I've also heard that some businesses have to give their employees an incentive just to come to work on time. Then you have to worry about getting your home broke into while you are at work or your business robbed when you go home.
Yep,that's exactly where I want to make a sizable investment and relocate to. That's where I want my kids going to school.That's a community I want to be a part of,that's a place I'd be proud to call home. Give me a break.
citizen

Dallas, TX

#13 Dec 29, 2012
The city already has a pool atsouthside park where they act stupid. more cops and a bigger jail is the way to head in a right direction
lol

West Memphis, AR

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
How do you propose to pay for it? Raise taxes? Lol
cuckoo

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
Are you insane?

United States

#16 Dec 30, 2012
What have you done personally to make it better?
citizen

Keller, TX

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Pooped in the toilet instead of the yard ......THAT'S WHAT'S UP....

United States

#18 Dec 30, 2012
The city council discussed a new pool,when the mayor initially brought it up.It was brought to their attention that it would never be run at a profit,in other words, aside from the initial cost it would continually cost money. Where is all this money supposed to come from. If it were not for counting the prisoners at the prison the population of this town is shrinking. The tax paying base is also diminishing keep raising sales tax,go ahead just give people another excuse to go somewhere else to shop.You already see more people from F.C. at the Wynne Walmart than you do here at this one.Fat people, elderly people,and kids needing recreation are not the problem and if they are a pool will not solve it. They will still be here they will just be wet.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 30, 2012
Really wrote:
Are you people that stupid? The only way this town will ever get better is to run the coons out of the city offices. Then put white folks back in just it use to be when there was industrey here.
First of all you can tell a lot about a person based on how they communicate. For instance, I have learned that you are a racist but even worse a dummy. How dare you attempt to bash anyone when you can't even spell INDUSTRY?!? I bet you have very minimal education.....I would wager you don't even have a G.E.D!!!
FC Guest

United States

#20 Dec 30, 2012
He already stated he didn't think he would run for reelection. Time for someone to step up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watch out!! 15 min Gunit 14
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 34 min Reality Check 43,344
Sheriff Candidates 34 min Go away 221
Chrissy Duncan 1 hr Personal 4
Foote auto repair 1 hr Personal 2
Why do Blacks live in cities with racial names? 2 hr Guest 27
This is the real shit 4 hr sitting next to you 8

Forrest City Jobs

Personal Finance

Forrest City Mortgages