Stand Up

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2013
I'm sorry but with everything that's come out about all the Catholic Priests abusing children and how the Catholic Church did nothing to stop it and even covered it up for decades, Catholics make me sick. How can you call yourself a Christian if you didn't renounce the Catholic Church based on what was done to all those kids? In my mind you're no better than those who followed Hitler. Too many Catholic Priests and Cardinals have proven that they are not men of God for me to accept that anyone who calls themselves a Catholic is a person of God. You should all be ashamed.
guest;)

Haslet, TX

#2 Jun 23, 2013
Stand Up wrote:
I'm sorry but with everything that's come out about all the Catholic Priests abusing children and how the Catholic Church did nothing to stop it and even covered it up for decades, Catholics make me sick. How can you call yourself a Christian if you didn't renounce the Catholic Church based on what was done to all those kids? In my mind you're no better than those who followed Hitler. Too many Catholic Priests and Cardinals have proven that they are not men of God for me to accept that anyone who calls themselves a Catholic is a person of God. You should all be ashamed.
Stop being crazy. The Vatican is just a joke, it's actually against all that it stands for. Do your history on it. Now most Catholics here are different. They can't help what the priests do. For a Catholic priest to do that probes he's not a Christian. But to label all that is Catholic here to that of the priests is just childish. It's like calling all whites meth head trash or calling all blacks crackhead N words. It's not right nor fair. There is things going on your feeble mind can't grasp it seems. That's not the others fault.
Lmao

United States

#3 Jun 24, 2013
You are a total moron. Would you consider yourself a christian?? If so then thank the catholics. It was because of them the Canon was founded and is the way it is. Because of them you have Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. Just to name a view. Wasn't it Martin Luther, a catholic, that broke away from the church and thus the Protestant Reformation came along with backing from an English King that wanted to get a divorce. But yes there has been much wrong and ignorance with some of the churches decisions. Such as, inquisition and crusades. But only an educated person would bash a denomination od Christianity, so now I await your bashing of Mormans, 1st baptist, 2nd Baptist, etc etc. please enlighten us, layman, with your exceptional mental capacity. You are so brilliant that you can only be of the Church of Scientology....Moron
Stand Up

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2013
I would never deny Catholics the credit they deserve for anything they have ever done but the Catholic Church knew they had priests that were sexual criminals and were abusing children and they covered it up instead of stopping it. They put their church before God.

Am I a Christian? I believe in God but I'm not sure I want to be called a Christian in today's society. The amount of sexual abuse that was and still is systematic in the Catholic Church has caused me, for the first time in my life, to consider the possibility that maybe God doesn't exist.

I can continue to believe in a God that would allow 20 small children to be killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School because of my faith that God had a better purpose for them in Heaven. But I feel the need to question why God would allow men to commit such terrible crimes against children while under the guise of being Catholic Priests.

I give the Catholic Church their full and deserved credit for that as well.
Stand Up

United States

#5 Jun 24, 2013
Lmao wrote:
You are a total moron. Would you consider yourself a christian?? If so then thank the catholics. It was because of them the Canon was founded and is the way it is. Because of them you have Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. Just to name a view. Wasn't it Martin Luther, a catholic, that broke away from the church and thus the Protestant Reformation came along with backing from an English King that wanted to get a divorce. But yes there has been much wrong and ignorance with some of the churches decisions. Such as, inquisition and crusades. But only an educated person would bash a denomination od Christianity, so now I await your bashing of Mormans, 1st baptist, 2nd Baptist, etc etc. please enlighten us, layman, with your exceptional mental capacity. You are so brilliant that you can only be of the Church of Scientology....Moron
One can be a Christian and serve God without being associated with or supporting the Catholic Church. In fact, I say it's a better way to serve God. God will judge you all some day.
Guest

United States

#6 Jun 24, 2013
Stand Up wrote:
<quoted text>
One can be a Christian and serve God without being associated with or supporting the Catholic Church. In fact, I say it's a better way to serve God. God will judge you all some day.
"Catholics make me sick. How can you call yourself a Christian if you didn't renounce the Catholic Church based on what was done to all those kids? In my mind you're no better than those who followed Hitler."

I assume then you are God as it appears based on your words above you are doing his work. You cannot have it both ways. Judge then say God will judge...... Crimes against children are the worst known to man. Unfortunately it is not just Catholic priest that commit them.
guest;)

United States

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>"Catholics make me sick. How can you call yourself a Christian if you didn't renounce the Catholic Church based on what was done to all those kids? In my mind you're no better than those who followed Hitler."

I assume then you are God as it appears based on your words above you are doing his work. You cannot have it both ways. Judge then say God will judge...... Crimes against children are the worst known to man. Unfortunately it is not just Catholic priest that commit them.
What you have to understand is, anyone can claim to be a christian, and not be one. A person's action proves if they are a Christian or not, not the title they claim. Please see the difference. The Vatican is bad. That's a fact, but the Catholics as a whole isn't. You just don't understand all the behind the scene things, as the Catholics here don't either.
guest;)

United States

#8 Jun 24, 2013
Stand Up wrote:
I would never deny Catholics the credit they deserve for anything they have ever done but the Catholic Church knew they had priests that were sexual criminals and were abusing children and they covered it up instead of stopping it. They put their church before God.

Am I a Christian? I believe in God but I'm not sure I want to be called a Christian in today's society. The amount of sexual abuse that was and still is systematic in the Catholic Church has caused me, for the first time in my life, to consider the possibility that maybe God doesn't exist.

I can continue to believe in a God that would allow 20 small children to be killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School because of my faith that God had a better purpose for them in Heaven. But I feel the need to question why God would allow men to commit such terrible crimes against children while under the guise of being Catholic Priests.

I give the Catholic Church their full and deserved credit for that as well.
Your need to question is validated by your feelings. But you have to remember God have people the right of free will, with that comes the good and the bad. That's what makes the word faith mean something. If there was no free will there would be no faith. As the times gets closer to the end it's going to get worse, and you will have more questions. But remember, it's the will of God and the free will of men will make it happen. I'm not a Christian, but I understand your questions. You shouldn't be mad at God, but at the people that did it. I'm sure you just assume its some crazy kid. But it isn't, you have to find the infomation you seek away from the main media. As long as you stay tuned to what the main media wants you to know you will never find truth. I will give you a hint, but the research is up to you. Sandy hook involves the Biggest bank fraud ever in history. I'm sure you want believe that, nor try to find the actual truth. But at least I know I have you the chance too. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 38,175
Brandy Mitchell on dope with her little dope bu... 14 hr Bud heath 1
Y do blacks use fake names on fb? (Aug '16) 15 hr guest 12
Claire Hill 23 hr A real friend 2
News State trooper charged for hitting juvenile off-... (Jan '16) Wed smh 164
Gary Hughes Tue Jones 1
FC Walmart (Jan '17) Tue Just saying 3

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forrest City Mortgages