Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

I have some questions about these two diseases. I've never dealt with this kind of problems. I know some characteristics, symptoms, signs of each one However, I need a little advice. People who are diagnosed in their early 20's. Do they get a free pass to do whatever the he!! they want to do, treat people however they want to treat them and act however the he!! they want to? Just because they have those problems? I would think not. Does it give them the right to not work because they can't focus? Does it give them the right to overtake medication because people with those disorders have been known to do that? Do they have the right to not clean house? Do they have the right to have these temper tantrums regardless of who's feelings get hurt? Do they have the right to not have to go to college and do their assignments because they can't focus? I would think NOT!!! NO EMPLOYER OR COLLEGE PROFESSOR, IS GOING TO GIVE A DAMN WHAT PROBLEM YOU HAVE. IF YOU CAN'T DO THE WORK. GET THE HELL OUT. I'm sorry those problems took over your life. But, that doesn't mean the rest of the world has to adjust to you. I would think the person with those problems would need to do the adjusting. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think that I am. I'm a very caring and compassionate person. But, if me and the rest of the world has to abide by rules and laws. Then so should they be required to do the same. If they commit a crime, do they get less punishment because they were depressed and wasn't thinking strait? If they fail a test, should they be allowed to retake it because their focus was off? I'm not sure I agree with that. I need some insight on this. PLEASE.

Since: Nov 12

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

It's funny but when a child does those things we call it a temper tantrum,when an adult does it it's called bipolar disorder.Back when parents were allowed or cared enough to discipline their kids you never heard of such a thing.Ask yourself how many 50+ people you know with this problem, not many,I bet.Seems to be a problem that ironically coincides with the breakdown of the family unit,over zealous doctors who have a pill for every ailment,and the. overall degradation of America's principle morals and values.

In short beat their ass when they are kids and they will behave as adults.
Been with 2

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

My advice is to stay the hell away from them. Nothing good can possibly come from them. They like to play the victim when in reality, the people around them are the victims and suffer more from their disease than the person that has it. They have no compassion or empathy and can quickly become violent.
RetardRadar

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Been with 2 wrote:
My advice is to stay the hell away from them. Nothing good can possibly come from them. They like to play the victim when in reality, the people around them are the victims and suffer more from their disease than the person that has it. They have no compassion or empathy and can quickly become violent.
You're a pathetic, uneducated fool! Neither Bi-Polar Disorder nor ADHD cause violence, lack of compassion or lack of empathy! Educate yourself before posting such ignorance! People try to use their diagnosis as a crutch, call them on the behavior and distance yourself from them until they can act with some respect and sense. Bi-polar Disorder and ADHD have been around forever but in the old days people who had it were put in institutions and labeled as having a nervous breakdown. Kids with ADHD were labeled as retarded because they could not focus to learn. Family units have nothing to do with it.

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Kids with ADHD can focus to learn.They learn to eat by themselves,wipe there own ass,play video games, ride bicycles,etc.They also learn that bad behavior or poor performance will be accepted because Mom and Dad took them to a doctor and the doctor( who spent all of 15 minutes with them) said they had ADHD.Mom and Dad are happy, its not their fault.The doctor is happy,pay the receptionist on your way out.The pharmaceutical company is happy, another life long customer. The child is happy,I can do what I want behave how I choose. Everybody wins.
Been with 2

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

RetardRadar wrote:
<quoted text>You're a pathetic, uneducated fool! Neither Bi-Polar Disorder nor ADHD cause violence, lack of compassion or lack of empathy! Educate yourself before posting such ignorance! People try to use their diagnosis as a crutch, call them on the behavior and distance yourself from them until they can act with some respect and sense. Bi-polar Disorder and ADHD have been around forever but in the old days people who had it were put in institutions and labeled as having a nervous breakdown. Kids with ADHD were labeled as retarded because they could not focus to learn. Family units have nothing to do with it.
Obviously you have not lived with an adult person with Bi-Polar. Used to be called a nervous breakdown? You mean you can go from laughing to pulling knives within a 2 minute time frame for no reason whatsoever over the course of at least 8 years? Uneducated? Educate yourself. And the only way to do that is to live with one. Do that, then come back and comment......if you survive....fool.
Golden Whitey

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Its just an excuse to get another check every month.I've heard if you let them put your over active kid on drugs you can get the monthly checks.I know its hard to believe but the more drugs they push to money freebies they get like vacations.
Golden Whitey

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I need a new key pad.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Been with 2 wrote:
you are so right and there are many of them and when they become exwives and exhusbands its a nightmare for the new ones cause they can't let go they need to be locked away the rest of their lives.

“The Dawg is In!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

How did people survive before all of these bipolar drugs came out?

When I was young, I knew of maybe one or two crazy people.

Why the hell are so many people on those drugs these days?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Scuba Dawg wrote:
How did people survive before all of these bipolar drugs came out?
When I was young, I knew of maybe one or two crazy people.
Why the hell are so many people on those drugs these days?
good question

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Them crazy btches are fun as hell in the sack though!
RetardRadar

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Been with 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not lived with an adult person with Bi-Polar. Used to be called a nervous breakdown? You mean you can go from laughing to pulling knives within a 2 minute time frame for no reason whatsoever over the course of at least 8 years? Uneducated? Educate yourself. And the only way to do that is to live with one. Do that, then come back and comment......if you survive....fool.
Actually have lived with several as well as children! And pulling a knife is NOT part of being Bi-Polar, it is however psychotic behavior! Like I said get yourself educated.
RetardRadar

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

walker72335 wrote:
Kids with ADHD can focus to learn.They learn to eat by themselves,wipe there own ass,play video games, ride bicycles,etc.They also learn that bad behavior or poor performance will be accepted because Mom and Dad took them to a doctor and the doctor( who spent all of 15 minutes with them) said they had ADHD.Mom and Dad are happy, its not their fault.The doctor is happy,pay the receptionist on your way out.The pharmaceutical company is happy, another life long customer. The child is happy,I can do what I want behave how I choose. Everybody wins.
Great! Yet another uneducated idiot that knows it all!

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Dear RetardRadar you have posted twice and called people uneducated, pathetic,fools and idiots it seems you resort to name calling instead of stating your case. In your haste to do so I think you messed up.Case in point,you said to,call them on their behavior and distance your self from them until they can act with some respect and sense.It seems to me you are saying they lack respect and sense and yet you want us to call them on their behavior, they can't focus too learn... remember,so we distance ourselves from them.Ironically that's the same advice Been with 2 gave.Perhaps you yourself are bipolar if so, I expect more name calling mixed with some rational discussion followed of course with more name calling.
RetardRadar

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

walker72335 wrote:
Dear RetardRadar you have posted twice and called people uneducated, pathetic,fools and idiots it seems you resort to name calling instead of stating your case. In your haste to do so I think you messed up.Case in point,you said to,call them on their behavior and distance your self from them until they can act with some respect and sense.It seems to me you are saying they lack respect and sense and yet you want us to call them on their behavior, they can't focus too learn... remember,so we distance ourselves from them.Ironically that's the same advice Been with 2 gave.Perhaps you yourself are bipolar if so, I expect more name calling mixed with some rational discussion followed of course with more name calling.
I have only stated fact, it is not my fault your feeling have been hurt.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

I suspect you only did what everyone else on here does.You stated your opinion and confused it for fact.That's okay, that's great, it's the American way.But..... hold a coin at arms length, describe what you see, only what you see, you can't see both sides at the same time can you? You know there are two sides, you accept it, even expect it but it seems where you see heads and I see tails you think I am somehow incorrect or uneducated. Wrong...it's called perspective,get used to it it's been around a while.A thousand posts, a thousand opinions, and their may not be a fact in the lot.
In your one dimensional world you may have a "feeling", but in mine many can exist at one time, and it's okay.
I used to be amazed, now I am just amused.
RetardRadar

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

walker72335 wrote:
I suspect you only did what everyone else on here does.You stated your opinion and confused it for fact.That's okay, that's great, it's the American way.But..... hold a coin at arms length, describe what you see, only what you see, you can't see both sides at the same time can you? You know there are two sides, you accept it, even expect it but it seems where you see heads and I see tails you think I am somehow incorrect or uneducated. Wrong...it's called perspective,get used to it it's been around a while.A thousand posts, a thousand opinions, and their may not be a fact in the lot.
In your one dimensional world you may have a "feeling", but in mine many can exist at one time, and it's okay.
I used to be amazed, now I am just amused.
Not quite, as I have worked with the mentally ill for my entire career both in home and residential. Not opinion, not a feeling....a fact and an educated knowledge. Children who truly are ADHD have trouble concentrating on video games, school work, and other aspects of their life but they are not stupid and do know how to feed them selves and learn other basic skills at the same pace as other children. People with Bi-Polar disorder have mood swing from highly manic to severely depressed, but are not violent. Your opinion is ignorant, detrimental and without the education or knowledge to support your claims. That is dangerous when it comes to the prejudices that people with these disorders already face in our society. I am not Bi-Polar and do not need to be to get angry when people like you speak out of turn! Good day!

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Having worked with the mentally ill for your entire career, as you said,then I am sure you have witnessed the evolution of care for these patients.Was it not at one time considered acceptable by medical professionals to treat mental disorders by electric shock,lobotomies, spraying them with fire hoses,etc. All of this was done by learned medically certified professionals and their minions. If you worked in the field at that time you would be praising the effect of electric shock therapy.The only thing that has changed is the medical communities opinion of the best way to treat these disorders.Ten years from now you will probably be treating them different than you do today. It will be based on the opinion of the doctors of the time.

Opinions are opinions, facts are facts, and nuts is nuts
Been with 2

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RetardRadar wrote:
<quoted text>Actually have lived with several as well as children! And pulling a knife is NOT part of being Bi-Polar, it is however psychotic behavior! Like I said get yourself educated.
Yes, psychotic. Educate myself on what? A doctor, and a very good one at that, said the person was bi-polar. If you lived with one and it wasn't that bad, then you are lucky, not educated. Get over yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mustang arena? champs. place looks like garbadge! 1 hr lolol 6
Why is FCSD filing a lawsuit against Palestine ... 2 hr guest 8
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 29,611
Mayor candidates 3 hr BABYGIRL 29
frogs bar 6 hr Bartender 6
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 15 hr Ancient Do Do 9,866
ben west (Sep '13) 16 hr FC class 1991 13

Search the Forrest City Forum:
•••
•••
Forrest City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Forrest City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••