confused

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2013
I would like to know how ppl that have restraining orders against each other and arent suppose to have guns can live together and own guns and the police do nothing!!!"Forrest city is a joke.
Police Officer

Euless, TX

#2 Jun 19, 2013
confused wrote:
I would like to know how ppl that have restraining orders against each other and arent suppose to have guns can live together and own guns and the police do nothing!!!"Forrest city is a joke.
Maybe we have more important things to deal with and real criminals to catch to waste our time trying to manage people's relationships for them or worry about what people do in the privacy of their own homes.
huh?

Memphis, TN

#3 Jun 20, 2013
If you're talking about county yes, I've seen them actually work and try to get the so-called "real criminals" but anybody who breaks the law is a criminal. Breaking a restraining order and having guns when you aren't supposed to is being a criminal and if you're stating that FC police doesn't have time to handle personal conflicts then y'all have much bigger things to worry about. What are y'all gunna do when that man takes the gun he isn't supposed to have and shoots someone he isn't even supposed to be around? Are you going to tell the family you were dealing with "real criminals" an you are sorry you didn't have time to help? I think not. The police chief would be ashamed to even look at you.
guest;)

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jun 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="huh?"]If you're talking about county yes, I've seen them actually work and try to get the so-called "real criminals" but anybody who breaks the law is a criminal. Breaking a restraining order and having guns when you aren't supposed to is being a criminal and if you're stating that FC police doesn't have time to handle personal conflicts then y'all have much bigger things to worry about. What are y'all gunna do when that man takes the gun he isn't supposed to have and shoots someone he isn't even supposed to be around? Are you going to tell the family you were dealing with "real criminals" an you are sorry you didn't have time to help? I think not. The police chief would be ashamed to even look at you.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying it's now the polices fault that some person took the person back that had the restraint order against them? Wow! No accountability for that person what so ever huh? The person who filled out the restraining order shouldn't have took the person back! It's their fault it's that simple! Stop trying to shift the blame, ldiot.
Police Officer

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="huh?"]If you're talking about county yes, I've seen them actually work and try to get the so-called "real criminals" but anybody who breaks the law is a criminal. Breaking a restraining order and having guns when you aren't supposed to is being a criminal and if you're stating that FC police doesn't have time to handle personal conflicts then y'all have much bigger things to worry about. What are y'all gunna do when that man takes the gun he isn't supposed to have and shoots someone he isn't even supposed to be around? Are you going to tell the family you were dealing with "real criminals" an you are sorry you didn't have time to help? I think not. The police chief would be ashamed to even look at you.[/QUOTE]

What I'm telling you is that we have no way of knowing if someone has a gun in their home or not and we don't have the right to just go in there to find out. If someone breaks a restraining order then we will arrest them but if its a situation where both people have made the decision to see each other then it's a waste of our time to get involved. Do you understand all that?
huh?

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jun 20, 2013
You're exactly right. When they take them back. But what about all the cases where y'all don't arrest them and the person DIDNT take them back. There are several cases where the FC officers haven't done anything about it. And as far as the other person goes, guest you're a complete an utter fool. Police officers do good work a lot of the time. But when it comes to restraining orders they do nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Paulman 2 hr mary 13
snitch snitch 2 hr brojim 14
So, you like bad-mouthing the law...? (Jul '09) 5 hr Truth is 53
Booker's Used Cars.. Would you buy a car from t... (Apr '11) 8 hr guest 39
Dustin Kidd napping katlin ponder ? Sat for real 3
Jesus Fri Guess 67
THE CITY,Mayor or who ever Fri realtalk 9
Forrest City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web