who's recruiting industry

who's recruiting industry

Posted in the Forrest City Forum

Charlie Chan

Longview, TX

#1 Oct 14, 2012
Haven't heard in a long time who is recruiting any new industry in Forrest City. Is it still a priority for our Chamber of Commerce, City or State officials? Has everyone given up or what? Exactly what are they doing to get jobs here? Even with the economy being what it is, we can't afford to not keep trying. There are still state incentives to get companies to locate here, aren't there? Have we given up or what?

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Charlie Chan wrote:
Haven't heard in a long time who is recruiting any new industry in Forrest City. Is it still a priority for our Chamber of Commerce, City or State officials? Has everyone given up or what? Exactly what are they doing to get jobs here? Even with the economy being what it is, we can't afford to not keep trying. There are still state incentives to get companies to locate here, aren't there? Have we given up or what?
the problem is if industry came here people wouldn't work they'd loose all the free handouts .
Charlie Chan

Longview, TX

#3 Oct 14, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is if industry came here people wouldn't work they'd loose all the free handouts .
We just had 60 working people lose their jobs in the K-Top fire and there is no telling how many qualified people are considered to be under-employed in Forrest City either from low paying wages or reduced hours.Get the industry here-we'll have the people!! Nothing wrong with tax and training incentives for new companies when those salaries add to our city and county's economy.
Proud

Little Rock, AR

#4 Oct 17, 2012
I really don't think posting on Topix is going to help. How about going to a city council meeting and voicing your concern right to the ones who need to hear it.
right

AOL

#5 Oct 17, 2012
We cant handle our garbage and expect industry to look at locating here? right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good bye robert may 17 min Yes 24
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Now_What- 33,843
Where to Target Practice? 18 hr haha 3
Aggrivating 19 hr Cracker 3
Your Dying Schol System Sat Two cents 6
forrest city federal prison low (Oct '08) Sat Mrs ME 386
he gonna make usa white again Feb 17 Cracker 26

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance