Who could run for Mayor of Forrest Ci...

United States

#124 Mar 14, 2013
FC Guest wrote:
Kirk Billingsley
Nice enough but not connected to the community as a whole. The African American community would not support him and he could not win without a large segment of that community's support.

I wonder if the traveller's first name is Terry. I may be wrong but I suspect it is.
traveller

United States

#125 Mar 14, 2013
No conspiracy about his mother being a substitute , but about what happened while she was a substitute. Standing by my statements about residency when he filed for school board election. You have not reputed anything you merely stated the dates of his grandparents death. As far as the newspaper goes, how do you know they don't already know this information but chose to sit on it instead of reporting it.When the owner, publisher of a small daily paper wants something in or out of the paper who do they answer to?
What does it matter anyway, if we have no qualified candidates to be police chief, in a county covered with law enforcement personnel. What makes anyone think we have anyone here qualified to be mayor. Obviously the mayor will want to post the job and review all the applications prior to selecting his replacement..I hear the ex mayor of New Orleans is available, and would most surely fit the profile.
Truth

Forrest City, AR

#126 Mar 14, 2013
traveller wrote:
No conspiracy about his mother being a substitute , but about what happened while she was a substitute. Standing by my statements about residency when he filed for school board election. You have not reputed anything you merely stated the dates of his grandparents death. As far as the newspaper goes, how do you know they don't already know this information but chose to sit on it instead of reporting it.When the owner, publisher of a small daily paper wants something in or out of the paper who do they answer to?
What does it matter anyway, if we have no qualified candidates to be police chief, in a county covered with law enforcement personnel. What makes anyone think we have anyone here qualified to be mayor. Obviously the mayor will want to post the job and review all the applications prior to selecting his replacement..I hear the ex mayor of New Orleans is available, and would most surely fit the profile.
First you stated he didn’t currently live in the city – wrong.
Then you stated his he moved here after his grandparents death which you said was after he was elected – wrong.
Clearly you were incorrect. The sad thing even if I showed you proof that your entire story is fabricated, you would just deny it and say someone falsified records in some scheme to get him elected. Some people live in there own perceived reality.

So you admit you believe there is some conspiracy about why is mother is no longer a substitute and he on the school board to rectify it. Poor, poor traveller.

I said notify a local TV station since you don’t trust the local paper if you are so confident this young man is so crooked.
Truth

Forrest City, AR

#127 Mar 14, 2013
This will be my last reply concerning this issue. I support this young man in his efforts to make a difference in our community. He has already done more in 2 years for this city than most will do in their entire life. Others may have a different opinion of him for their own reasons but I respect him for his effort.

Now this thread may return to criticizing (or lying) about other candidates.
traveller

United States

#128 Mar 14, 2013
Never said he was on the school board to rectify anything concerning his mother.You are confusing yourself. I said the incident with his mother could compromise his ability to handle certain situations properly.Once again documents were falsified when the election filing took place.Can you prove he lived here when he filed.Be careful before you answer, not what you think or what you want to believe but what you can prove. If you want to protect this young man you may be going about it all wrong.Things have a way of popping up at inopportune times.

United States

#129 Mar 14, 2013
Guys it does not matter, he has a snowball's chance in hell to win. Blacks don't know him and........... blacks don't know him. Honestly residency means jack when running for mayor or anything else these days. Nancy Blout ran for judge of Lee Co and she lives in SFC. What matters is he cannot win, maybe one day but that day is not in November of 2014.
fishy smell

Forrest City, AR

#130 Mar 17, 2013
traveller wrote:
Never said he was on the school board to rectify anything concerning his mother.You are confusing yourself. I said the incident with his mother could compromise his ability to handle certain situations properly.Once again documents were falsified when the election filing took place.Can you prove he lived here when he filed.Be careful before you answer, not what you think or what you want to believe but what you can prove. If you want to protect this young man you may be going about it all wrong.Things have a way of popping up at inopportune times.
You ain't smart enough to pull this off.Better people than you have been busted out.
mz knowitall

United States

#131 Mar 17, 2013
Soooooo... Who are you guys talking about? But anywhoooo... GARY CHAPMAN would be the best choice if Larry Bryant does not run.
guest123

United States

#132 Mar 18, 2013
HOw about somebody that would actually do something to improve this shit hole of a town, ride through the local neighborhoods and where once you one have been fined for having a yard look so trashy now its natural or so it seems nobody does anything,used to be that if teens sat up on tailgates at civic center at night they were made to leave or get a ticket but yet now on the southside or hell anywhere they please MAJORITY can do what they want when they want and cops dont do a damn thing but turn their heads
guest123

United States

#133 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> They are just getting their tax money back because they pay taxes too. They have jobs and pay federal taxes. I think that is pretty smart on their part. It seems to me that someone is jealous. That is how people are. They can't stand to see someone better themselves. Ignorance runs rampit in this town.
ok lets see, how does such a person as GArys daughter qualify for a FMHA loan to have a BRAND new home bulit in CHAPMANVILLE and yet Gary raised his granddaughter while his daughter, well does what she does, SOnny cook(jb) is damn near the HUD king of houses some of his shit should be burned

Forrest City, AR

#134 Mar 18, 2013
traveller wrote:
Oh yeah, he is also on the water commission and a deacon at first baptist church. All sounds great right, let's just wait and see.
Appears to be an upstanding citizen.

Forrest City, AR

#135 Mar 18, 2013
Gary C lives in the county

Forrest City, AR

#136 Mar 18, 2013
gueST wrote:
Gary C lives in the county
So does Larry B.

Longview, TX

#137 Mar 20, 2013
I don,t think u want to put it to the test between Hoskins and Chapman ....what did he do kick some of your doping family out of a house or couldn't break the law to put u at top of housing waiting list? Funny how u people are or pretend to be his friend as long as he's saying yes to you and yours but first time he has to say no u hate him...so loser whose the idiot now since I've hit the nail on the head for your dislike of him....he stands for everything that's right while u must be doing wrong and got caught...yo fault......LMBO!!!!!!
Try

West Memphis, AR

#138 Mar 20, 2013
mz knowitall wrote:
Soooooo... Who are you guys talking about? But anywhoooo... GARY CHAPMAN would be the best choice if Larry Bryant does not run.
Larry Bryant? Thats funny right there!
jay

United States

#139 Apr 14, 2013
I need you vote3 wrote:
I would like to run for mayor Grant Long JR. IM YOUR MAN ..... trust in me.
Lmao I guess a gorilla could run forrest city its already a wild jungle Lmao!
friend

Forrest City, AR

#140 Apr 19, 2013
Chief P Reynolds
Its Me

Leavenworth, KS

#141 Jul 20, 2013
I hope it's not Bryant punk ass
Ahab da Arab

Memphis, TN

#142 Jul 20, 2013
Someone of Middle Eastern decent. You infidels know we should rule you.

Memphis, TN

#143 Jul 21, 2013
Ron Perdew or Bobby Mitchel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mergan cleaver 2 hr Kim 1
trace turener. 10 hr yourstruly 1
Preston G Tue D dog 1
First National Bank of Eastern Arkansas Tue Jane 8
Brian Mathes and the Law Tue Mathes 1
How stupid is the PD Mon Makeyougohmm 4
First Judicial Drug Taskforce Mon Curios 30

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance