Who could run for Mayor of Forrest Ci...
Melissa

Little Rock, AR

#42 Jan 18, 2013
traveller wrote:
Most of the names mentioned have bettered themselves and themselves only, while the town fell apart around them.Their greed and self serving attitude only limited by their ability to use or abuse those that trusted them. The mortician,takes advantage of people during times of profound grief to fatten his pocket.The preacher,helped all slum lords in town get rich,to the disservice of the community and federal government. HUD is not supposed to set the rental prices but rather reflect the average prices in a given community. 600 a month in FC get real move HUD out they would be lucky to get 300 for most of these homes. DC get real.Black, white,I don't care,but please elect someone who will serve us and not expect us to serve them.Someone who wants to see the city and citizens improve,and not be concerned with their own net worth.
None of these guys are rich so how could they have bettered themselves by taking advantage of others. They're all nice guys, quit bashing them on topix.

United States

#43 Jan 18, 2013
Everyone knows how chapman is and the people he stepped on to get where he is. If you don't want to see him bashed on here don't bring your azz on here reading it. And STFU.
traveller

Baton Rouge, LA

#44 Jan 18, 2013
I never said they were rich. I said they helped make the slum lords rich.I acknowledge that rich is a relative term.I think in a community where most residents do not even own their own home any person who owns multiple homes might be considered rich. Who pays when the federal government is subsidizing these landlords rental properties at inflated prices, you do, if you pay taxes.That's your tax dollars going in their pockets. Think about it, do the math. Buy a house at say25K rent it out for 600 a month,in less than four years its paid for.Now consider tax write offs. They may be your friends and neighbors,may smile and shake your hand,but they are legally robbing us all. Go to the courthouse see what the owners paid for some of these properties, many less than 25K, its a matter of public record anyone can find out the purchase price of any real estate.They don't like you knowing but as I said its a matter of public record.Then think how long HUD has been paying these slum lords. We as citizens would have come off cheaper if the government had bought the houses and just gave them away,at least we still would not be paying for them.
poindexter

Texarkana, TX

#45 Jan 18, 2013
bigger questions is: Who would want to run, seriously?

city council, water commission, mayor, police, etc cant get along or work together. its embarassing, if you owned a business/major company and opened the TH, what would give you the idea that FC would be a good place to invest? cant think of many?

Atlanta, TX

#46 Jan 18, 2013
Traveller. U r so right.

Alexander, AR

#49 Jan 19, 2013
traveller wrote:
I never said they were rich. I said they helped make the slum lords rich.I acknowledge that rich is a relative term.I think in a community where most residents do not even own their own home any person who owns multiple homes might be considered rich. Who pays when the federal government is subsidizing these landlords rental properties at inflated prices, you do, if you pay taxes.That's your tax dollars going in their pockets. Think about it, do the math. Buy a house at say25K rent it out for 600 a month,in less than four years its paid for.Now consider tax write offs. They may be your friends and neighbors,may smile and shake your hand,but they are legally robbing us all. Go to the courthouse see what the owners paid for some of these properties, many less than 25K, its a matter of public record anyone can find out the purchase price of any real estate.They don't like you knowing but as I said its a matter of public record.Then think how long HUD has been paying these slum lords. We as citizens would have come off cheaper if the government had bought the houses and just gave them away,at least we still would not be paying for them.
They are just getting their tax money back because they pay taxes too. They have jobs and pay federal taxes. I think that is pretty smart on their part. It seems to me that someone is jealous. That is how people are. They can't stand to see someone better themselves. Ignorance runs rampit in this town.
Melissa

United States

#50 Jan 19, 2013
traveller wrote:
If you have a problem with it, why don't you buy the houses yourself for 25k and run your own business? Then you can charge $300 per month or however much you choose. You forget that there are expenses with rentals such as taxes, insurance, repairs, and interest on loans. Oh, and since you're doing all the work, maybe you'd like to have a few dollars in your pocket for your troubles but you won't have a dime left over if you're charging so little. It's easier to whine and moan on topix than get off your butt and do the work and run a business yourself, right?

United States

#51 Jan 19, 2013
Looks like we hit close to home. Made someone mad. So funny. Im just gonna sit back. And enjoy.

United States

#52 Jan 19, 2013
Rampit is that even a word.
code enforcement

Grand Prairie, TX

#53 Jan 19, 2013
Officer ivey or sparkmon would be a good mayor
traveller

United States

#54 Jan 20, 2013
Dumb asses, the government is going to keep spending money and giving benefits to all of you. To keep you all here. The delta is the ass crack of America,America's third world. The rest of the country laughs at you all. Like flies on a turd you swarm all over these benefits and handouts. You are afraid to try to better yourselves, afraid you will no longer be able to receive all the freebies.You spout freedom,liberty,equality,you have none of those you have made yourselves slaves.The sad part is you're to stupid to know it. None of what you have is yours,the same way they give it to you now they can also take it away. America is handling you stupid freeloaders the same way they handled the Indians. Putting them on reservations and loading them up with benefits and forgetting them. Out of of sight out of mind. Look at your city and see. Any improvements? No, your downtown area consists of slabs of concrete and tin buildings. Get your head out of your ass and save yourself.
traveller

United States

#55 Jan 20, 2013
Oh,the word you were trying to use is rampant.You make my point beautifully. In a few years you won't even be able to effectively communicate with the rest of the country. Sagging pants, tattoos, gold teeth, you label yourself.Down wit dat dawg? Fo shizzle, mo fo. Dumb asses.

Andrews, TX

#56 Jan 20, 2013
The next mayor will be black. Unless someone like chapman got it. I would vote for the present mayor before I voted for him.
Whatever

Fort Worth, TX

#57 Jan 21, 2013
HUD Lover wrote:
Gary and S. Carroll are one of problems in this town, putting HUD houses every where. This would become one big HUD neighborhood if Gary Chapman was mayor.
What are you talking about, Forrest City is mostly HUD.
Winter

West Memphis, AR

#58 Jan 21, 2013
And you good person are DUH!
Whatever

Fort Worth, TX

#59 Jan 21, 2013
traveller wrote:
Dumb asses, the government is going to keep spending money and giving benefits to all of you. To keep you all here. The delta is the ass crack of America,America's third world. The rest of the country laughs at you all. Like flies on a turd you swarm all over these benefits and handouts. You are afraid to try to better yourselves, afraid you will no longer be able to receive all the freebies.You spout freedom,liberty,equality,you have none of those you have made yourselves slaves.The sad part is you're to stupid to know it. None of what you have is yours,the same way they give it to you now they can also take it away. America is handling you stupid freeloaders the same way they handled the Indians. Putting them on reservations and loading them up with benefits and forgetting them. Out of of sight out of mind. Look at your city and see. Any improvements? No, your downtown area consists of slabs of concrete and tin buildings. Get your head out of your ass and save yourself.
@Traveller, wow I hate to say it, but I agree 100% with what you said!!!!!
Melissa

Little Rock, AR

#60 Jan 21, 2013
If you want to talk trash about Gary Chapman or Scott Carroll then go start a thread about them but don't lump all landlords around here into their slumlord group.
traveller

United States

#61 Jan 21, 2013
If you are a landlord and have your hand out every month for that HUD check then you are in fact no better than the other freeloaders who depend on the government to finance your lifestyle. You are in fact a leech.
smartcocoa

United States

#62 Jan 21, 2013
I would love to!! I see the potential in this city but the politics here show no concern for the city.
Yeah

Fort Worth, TX

#63 Jan 21, 2013
Grant long lol..U better lock ur house down cars,and everything you own if he become Mayor.He walk around here thinking He's King Tuck when he ain't doing nun thing but Robbing people him and his gang.. Well he maybe the person run for Mayor he work for the police anyways they so dumb he got them right where he won't them..lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 min --Bad Dad-- 39,433
Dustin Manues 5 hr Dustin Manues 1
"New" KFC in FC 9 hr J W G 5
Janet p 14 hr ggg 10
Beautiful lady Fri another guest 14
She's done it again Fri Guest 29
Ashley S Thu Brandon 6

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance