1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I'm looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house to rent out in the country. Any suggestions?

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

guest wrote:
I'm looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house to rent out in the country. Any suggestions?
How much rent can you pay? Do you have good, verifiable references? Do you have pets? And do you smoke?

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I can probably pay around 400 to 600 dollars every month and yes I have good references and one dog and the husband smokes.
Ballz

Hughes, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

@ 2nd guest:
Asking for pets is fine and to a lesser extent does that person smoke but Verifiable references? Calm the fu@k down it's not a job interview. He's asking for a house not for a job at a fortune 500 company. Why do humans want to make everything so damn complicated.
Former Landlord

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Ballz wrote:
@ 2nd guest:
Asking for pets is fine and to a lesser extent does that person smoke but Verifiable references? Calm the fu@k down it's not a job interview. He's asking for a house not for a job at a fortune 500 company. Why do humans want to make everything so damn complicated.
Maybe you should ask what "Verifiable References" is before you start cursing someone out. If you rented out houses, would you rent to whom ever walked up and asked??? No, you would verify if they were decent people who will not tear your house up or steal all the copper wires and leave town.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Ballz wrote:
@ 2nd guest:
Former Landlord did a very good job of explaining about the verifiable references. As for the smoking part, at the time I posted that, I had a house available for rent. I DO NOT rent to smokers though. I don't want my house to stink. The smell gets in the carpets and the nicotine builds up on the walls requiring very frequent stripping, kilzing, an painting to keep the house in decent shape. So, a$$hole, there were reason for my questions. And if you don't like it, too bad. You can kiss it!

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Okay, but he does not smoke inside, he smokes outside. Never has he ever smoked inside a house. And as far as my dog he's house broke, he only uses the bathroom outside. So is that a problem?

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

guest wrote:
Okay, but he does not smoke inside, he smokes outside. Never has he ever smoked inside a house. And as far as my dog he's house broke, he only uses the bathroom outside. So is that a problem?
That would be fine. I rented it yesterday though. I'll see if I can find anyone else with something though and let you know if I find anything.
Ballz

Hughes, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Former Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should ask what "Verifiable References" is before you start cursing someone out. If you rented out houses, would you rent to whom ever walked up and asked??? No, you would verify if they were decent people who will not tear your house up or steal all the copper wires and leave town.
Your missing the point. Verifiable references mean absolutely nothing in this world where lies are spewed out of everyone face and favors can be bought at the drop of a dime. Your better off trying to judge the character of the potential buyer yourself instead of being phoning somebody you don't even know. The practice is pretty stupid anyway. If your not a good judge of character without having to use these "Verifiable references" you probably shouldn't be selling/renting houses by yourself anyway.
Former Landlord

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ballz wrote:
<quoted text> Your missing the point. Verifiable references mean absolutely nothing in this world where lies are spewed out of everyone face and favors can be bought at the drop of a dime. Your better off trying to judge the character of the potential buyer yourself instead of being phoning somebody you don't even know. The practice is pretty stupid anyway. If your not a good judge of character without having to use these "Verifiable references" you probably shouldn't be selling/renting houses by yourself anyway.
I do agree with you, you can only trust or take someone's word so far. Just seemed a little rough when you said to calm the "F" down.
Really

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ballz wrote:
<quoted text> Your missing the point. Verifiable references mean absolutely nothing in this world where lies are spewed out of everyone face and favors can be bought at the drop of a dime. Your better off trying to judge the character of the potential buyer yourself instead of being phoning somebody you don't even know. The practice is pretty stupid anyway. If your not a good judge of character without having to use these "Verifiable references" you probably shouldn't be selling/renting houses by yourself anyway.
I believe anyone who rents out property has the right to ask questions..I would want a damned background on some folks. Doesn't matter about being a good judge of character these days..Like you said "Lies are spewed out of everyone's face"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 58 min Speller Feller 29,451
taylor glass 6 hr guest 24
Ferguson - Forrest City, AR 10 hr lolol 15
Does anyone know who Jerry Lamb is...I keep hea... (Jun '09) 20 hr lissy 26
turn signals 22 hr dessip 2
Jennifer cole 23 hr guest 2 7
Robert Ashley Gray Wed Mr crabs 1

Search the Forrest City Forum:
•••
•••