Criminal Prosecution Relies Heavily On Witnesses

Posted in the Forrest City Forum

Help

Garland, TX

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Can't find a witness to secure a conviction for murder, rape and other felonies

Blytheville, AR

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Nobody wants to testify because these thugs have friends and family who are ready to kill witnesses. If the police want the good citizens to stand up then there needs to be ways to protect them and their families. Everyone wants these people kept in jail but there is a counter culture that protects them.
4 sure

Duluth, GA

#3 Dec 5, 2012
When they do have a good solid case it seems the ball gets dropped and the criminal walks anyway.
Just Saying

Garland, TX

#4 Dec 6, 2012
T Mays Will get off on the murder case.
Wrong

Forrest City, AR

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Can't believe you people want to place blame on a witness. If prosecutor has built a strong case.... Then witness will never be necessary
Right Here

Benton, AR

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Well...sometimes in order to build a strong case ,it takes a lot of resourses and much of the time the prosecutor needs witnesse and people willing to testify to not only recent activities but prior crimes the accused has participated in. Even though those prior crimes arent always admissible in court it helps in providing character criminal behavior and intent. Also if that person is on parole or probation ,those existing past crimes can be used to enhance the most recent charges. Here in Forrest City it seems to be incredibly hard to get solid convictions since everyone is related and hesitant to be honest and do the right thing. I am sure that happens in many small towns and cities, to me its just a very blatant miscarriage of justice on everyones part when people complain about bad things happening but wont step up when they should. It doesnt teach our younger generations anything about right and wrong and how to conduct themselves as they grow older.
Old Man

Garland, TX

#7 Dec 7, 2012
So sad I'm moving out this town.
4 sure

Marion, AR

#8 Dec 7, 2012
I remember when arrest warrants were signed before crimes were committed and a murderer walked free. Judge did not want to be bothered after hours and pre signed warrants.
Right Here

Benton, AR

#9 Dec 7, 2012
It never ceases to amaze me how people when elevated to higher positions take advantage of others and the very people that put them in that position....we expect that they will understand the faith we have in them, instead they make us sorry we trusted them. Judges, politicians, elected officials...then they wonder why we have so little faith in the judicial system or why individuals take matters into their own hands...Role models are almost non existant, there seems to be more and more grey area between right and wrong,and it is very sad that future generations dont have a good foundation to grow on with the way things are going.
MeMe

Garland, TX

#10 Dec 7, 2012
The hold town is fu.. up starting with the mayor.
Already

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Dec 8, 2012

Until someone is held accountable for their actions it will not stop.
Right Here

Benton, AR

#12 Dec 8, 2012
Absolutely...my point exactly. When people do something wrong they try to blame it on everything else rather than it was their own actions that caused the trouble. We all have crap that happens in our lives...its how we deal with those things that helps us get through life. Just because there is some crappy stuff in our past , that does not give us the green light to make everyone miserable or hurt others.
Just Saying

Grand Prairie, TX

#13 Dec 12, 2012
The world is coming to the end soon because all the bull shit going on in FC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven 3 hr Santa 12
So... Topix has hit bottom? 7 hr Scuba Dawg 19
Teen Stuck By Vehicle Monday Night 11 hr Yeah 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 hr BARNEYII 30,459
officer gracey 16 hr Santa 2
Best Looking Girl Of All Time From Forrest City (Dec '09) 19 hr fcsd 121
snitch snitch 19 hr Dustin Manues 7
Forrest City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web