Yes

No

Other (explain below)

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#14934 Sep 9, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
As a freedom loving American citizen, I am not free to walk the streets anywhere and not be on film. Being watched by somebody. Somebody I don't even know.
I am not free to sit in my backyard and smoke a doobie. Not that I want to. I don't do drugs. But as an adult fully capable of making my own decisions in life- as long as they don't infringe on someone elses rights- I should be able to put any substance in my body that I want without the fear of being "kidnapped" and thrown in prison. Who is someone else to tell me what I can and can't do with my own body?
(BTW, this has NOTHING to do with abortion- which is murder and infringing on someone else's right to live.)
I am not free to drive my truck without some cop peering in my window to see if my seatbelt is on- again my body, my decision.
Big brother has intruded on our lives bigtime and you know it.
This is BOTH parties, my friend.
I can walk the streets here and not be on film. Does my right to film you trump your right not to be filmed? What gives you the right to photograph birds especially if they are on somebodies private property? Should you have the right to do 100 mph down the street in your car? Should you be able to work an illegal alien for One dollar an hour if both of you agree on it? Should you be able to wallk down the street naked? Why should you have to buy health, auto and home insurance? You may never need any of those. You are free to sit in your backyard and smoke dope, you are free to rape a child, you are free to murder. God gave you free will, you can do whatever you want you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions. Do you believe there should be any laws? Which laws? The ones that benefit only you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#14935 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Maybe nobody lost them YET. But the power has been given to the president. Read the bill. Obama signed it while everyone was preoccupied with New Years celebrations. FACT.
NOBODY has lost ANY FREEDOMS granted by the Constitution of the United States.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#14936 Sep 9, 2012
ugh wrote:
If they take a woman's right to abort a baby do you guys realize how many young, single mothers there will be? Not to mention there will be sooooo many kids up for adoption? Who is gonna take care all of those kids and where are they gonna find a home. If they find a home. I'd rather a girl abort a baby than give it a terrible life growing up. If a woman was raped and had a baby then that child will be picked on, beaten up, and eventually commit suicide. Look at the future. Not what suits you at the moment
WOW! My momma warned me there was people like you out there!
ugh

United States

#14937 Sep 9, 2012
Oh you have a mom? I thought you were raised by douchbags from the way you talk.
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#14938 Sep 9, 2012
old friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do we support Israel? One reason, rich Jews in new York and Florida have politicians in their hip pocket because they give allot of campaign money out to politicians who support Israel, both democrat and republican.
I think we should just pack up and leave the middle east. we only get less than10% of our oil from there. That whole region isnt worth one US soldier,s life!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#14939 Sep 9, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I can walk the streets here and not be on film. Does my right to film you trump your right not to be filmed? What gives you the right to photograph birds especially if they are on somebodies private property? Should you have the right to do 100 mph down the street in your car? Should you be able to work an illegal alien for One dollar an hour if both of you agree on it? Should you be able to wallk down the street naked? Why should you have to buy health, auto and home insurance? You may never need any of those. You are free to sit in your backyard and smoke dope, you are free to rape a child, you are free to murder. God gave you free will, you can do whatever you want you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions. Do you believe there should be any laws? Which laws? The ones that benefit only you?
That's a whole lot of questions. Don't you know anything?:)

"you can do whatever you want you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions."
Consequences according to who?
If my actions do absolutely nothing to infringe on the rights of another person, why should there be "consequences?" BTW, I'm not talking about doing 100mph. That DOES infringe on others and puts them in danger. We need some laws. How many laws do we have? Is it even possible to enforce them all?
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#14940 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I always said that before being allowed to vote you should have to take a short quiz.
First question: What form of government do we have; a democracy or a republic?
Its a Republic and I want to keep it that way. A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep on a island voting on what to eat.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#14941 Sep 9, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! My momma warned me there was people like you out there!
She was right! They are WAY out there and you just proved it!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#14942 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
That's a whole lot of questions. Don't you know anything?:)
"you can do whatever you want you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions."
Consequences according to who?
If my actions do absolutely nothing to infringe on the rights of another person, why should there be "consequences?" BTW, I'm not talking about doing 100mph. That DOES infringe on others and puts them in danger. We need some laws. How many laws do we have? Is it even possible to enforce them all?
You don't think smoking dope puts other peoples lifes in danger?

SE Michigan

#14943 Sep 9, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I think we should just pack up and leave the middle east. we only get less than10% of our oil from there. That whole region isnt worth one US soldier,s life!
Agreed.

SE Michigan

#14944 Sep 9, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Its a Republic and I want to keep it that way. A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep on a island voting on what to eat.
Now we are getting into an area where we can agree.:)
ugh

United States

#14945 Sep 9, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think smoking dope puts other peoples lifes in danger?
nope. Give someone a drink and put them behind a car. That's messed up. Alcohol is worse than weed. Weed actually helps cancer patients. Alcohol kills.
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#14946 Sep 9, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY has lost ANY FREEDOMS granted by the Constitution of the United States.
I beg to differ. The health care law has infringed on my freedom to not engage in commerce. Im being forced by law to purchase health insurance. If I refuse Im fined for doing absoultly nothing. Im made into a criminal and fined without a trial. The IRS can seize my assetts without due process. If that isnt losing a counstitional and god given freedom I dont know what is. another example under the patriot act in the days after Katrina the national guard went around kicking in doors searching homes & disarming people and removing them from their homes without a searck warrant ot just cause. And they did it inpart of the town that never flooded. I seen them live onTv kick down a door and shove down a 70 year old woman disarming her and breaking her hip. And You can bet your A$$ the children at the branch davidian compound in Waco texas lost their freedoms. Do you think if those davidians had been mainstream religion the same result would have occured? also under the patriot act any one of us could be detained indefenately without being charged . the goverment officials just give lip service to the counstition .
WOLVERINE

Alamogordo, NM

#14947 Sep 9, 2012
ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. Give someone a drink and put them behind a car. That's messed up. Alcohol is worse than weed. Weed actually helps cancer patients. Alcohol kills.
Alcohol doesn't kill a drunk driver kills. Weed laws kill!
BOSSYDOG

United States

#14948 Sep 9, 2012
Just one opinion , I TOTALLY AGREE ......alcohol IS IS IS more harmful to the user and the public than weed . I won't argue over it , because if we disagree , neither of us will change the other one's mind .Like the subject of abortion .Whether you are pro or con , NO ONE will EVER change your mind .
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#14949 Sep 9, 2012
Im gone Its time to watch Married with Childdren!
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#14951 Sep 9, 2012
Do I still have the right to sing the blues?
SAC Warrior

United States

#14953 Sep 10, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY has lost ANY FREEDOMS granted by the Constitution of the United States.
Cool, then maybe these people will stop yapping about Obama taking their freedoms. Obama 2012!(actually a mean anyone but a republican 2012!)
SAC Warrior

United States

#14954 Sep 10, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. The health care law has infringed on my freedom to not engage in commerce. Im being forced by law to purchase health insurance. If I refuse Im fined for doing absoultly nothing. Im made into a criminal and fined without a trial. The IRS can seize my assetts without due process. If that isnt losing a counstitional and god given freedom I dont know what is. another example under the patriot act in the days after Katrina the national guard went around kicking in doors searching homes & disarming people and removing them from their homes without a searck warrant ot just cause. And they did it inpart of the town that never flooded. I seen them live onTv kick down a door and shove down a 70 year old woman disarming her and breaking her hip. And You can bet your A$$ the children at the branch davidian compound in Waco texas lost their freedoms. Do you think if those davidians had been mainstream religion the same result would have occured? also under the patriot act any one of us could be detained indefenately without being charged . the goverment officials just give lip service to the counstition .
I guess we do agree on more thsn a things. Good post
Independent American

Brockwell, AR

#14955 Sep 10, 2012
Well, if you want to talk about taking away freedoms, you need not look any further than the Republican party. They are all about taking away personal freedoms.

Taken from another forum:
Protip: if you are advocating telling someone else how to live his life, you are not an advocate for freedom, small government or individual rights - you know the talking point platitudes you typically hear from the Republicans.

Quote was from the thread about this story:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/07/reagan-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracie turner 18 hr Younaneit 2
Kriston (Hogland) New Sun YouKnowMe 10
PW white Girls with the blacks Sun Peter 24
Loves truck stop Sun Mobo 7
Why do most black people act so ignorant (Nov '16) Sat marg 63
looking for john berry Nov 17 Hmmm 5
church (Mar '16) Nov 15 Alleyes 20

Forrest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance