Lake City, AR

#25828 Jul 14, 2013
This thread is nothing but a bunch of BS need to delete the whole Damm thing
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25829 Jul 14, 2013
OH NO HATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
"As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out"
Does not every household and business in the United States or Government in the world have to do that.
Just as an aside, let's also take a moment to compare administrations. Obama, in just the last two years, has accepted $2.4 trillion in debt reduction through multiple proposals. How many debt-reduction proposals did Republicans approve during the Bush/Cheney era? None. Even when there was a Republican-led House, Republican-led Senate, and Republican-led White House? Yep, even then.
If Obama has accepted 2.4 trillion in debt reduction then how have we had deficits in the past two years as large as we have had? Probably because the cuts are "reductions" are in future spending which aren't real cuts. They're theoretical plain and simple. As for praising Obama, not so fast. Bush had average tax revenues of $1.96 trillion over his 8 years with an average of $1.76 trillion in expenditures for an average difference of a $200 billion shortfall. Obama on the other hand has had revenues of $1.53 trillion and expenditures of $2.40 trillion for an average difference of $870 billion annually. You see, it's all in how you look at it. Bush never reduced the deficit one time during his presidency but I would take the outcome of his 8 years any day of the week over Obama's current 4 1/2 year record. So get all fuzzy feeling inside if you want but like I said before, we have a LONG way to go and I don't believe Obama has what it takes to get us there.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25830 Jul 14, 2013
OH NO HATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
"As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out"
Does not every household and business in the United States or Government in the world have to do that.
Well, it doesn't seem as though our government has to follow that rule thus the reason we are in the shape we are in. It's exactly why I can't understand why people who DO have to follow that principle would elect a president and congress who won't even try. I'll never understand it.
John

Jonesboro, AR

#25831 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it doesn't seem as though our government has to follow that rule thus the reason we are in the shape we are in. It's exactly why I can't understand why people who DO have to follow that principle would elect a president and congress who won't even try. I'll never understand it.
lesser of two evils. when Romney said he didn't care about the 47% that done it for me.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25832 Jul 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
lesser of two evils. when Romney said he didn't care about the 47% that done it for me.
So he says he doesn't care about the 47% BUT probably would have at the least, put us on a path to getting our financial house in order. Obama, on the other hand, said a lot of things that a lot of people liked BUT has turned a bad situation much worse. That's the problem here in America. We only care about what a person says to make us feel good regardless of if their actions match what they say. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape as a country.

Fort Smith, AR

#25833 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So he says he doesn't care about the 47% BUT probably would have at the least, put us on a path to getting our financial house in order. Obama, on the other hand, said a lot of things that a lot of people liked BUT has turned a bad situation much worse. That's the problem here in America. We only care about what a person says to make us feel good regardless of if their actions match what they say. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape as a country.
I wasn't crazy about Mike Huckabee but I think this country needs to look at a national tax. Eliminate national taxes and pay a flat sales tax. I also absolutely HATE sales tax and have to charge it in my business. I really don't want to give the state that kind of leeway and maybe there could be some kind of ceiling but the way it is now, the more you earn the richer you are.

It's killin% small business and small people.

Fort Smith, AR

#25834 Jul 14, 2013
Not eliminate national tax but federal tax* (typo)
John

Jonesboro, AR

#25835 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liked Bush you would love Romney.
History Check

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#25837 Jul 15, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s all imagine we are now in September 2008!

Lehman Brothers just filed for bankruptcy.

The Wall Street Journal front page headline screams,

“Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman totters”.

A few days later, the headline reads,

“Bailout Plan Rejected, Markets Plunge, Forcing New Scramble to Solve Crisis”.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25838 Jul 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't crazy about Mike Huckabee but I think this country needs to look at a national tax. Eliminate national taxes and pay a flat sales tax. I also absolutely HATE sales tax and have to charge it in my business. I really don't want to give the state that kind of leeway and maybe there could be some kind of ceiling but the way it is now, the more you earn the richer you are.
It's killin% small business and small people.
As much as I HATE writing that sales tax check each month, I would gladly do it if our income tax was eliminated and everything was put into a sales tax. A sales tax would ensure that all products purchased would contribute to paying for the operations of this country. It wouldn't matter if the money was legal or illegal, everyone contributes.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25839 Jul 15, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
On the financial side your right. On everything else, I'm not so sure.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25840 Jul 15, 2013
History Check wrote:
<quoted text>
These things also happened in September 2008

Hurricane Ike makes landfall on Texas as Category 2 and kills 27 in the United States, after killing four in Cuba, one in the Dominican Republic, and 75 in Haiti.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani of Pakistan survives an assassination attempt near Islamabad, while on his way to meet British Leader of the Opposition David Cameron.
President's Dimitris Christofias and Mehmet Ali Talat hold peace talks in Nicosia, aimed at reunifying Cyprus.

At least eight boulders dislodge from a cliff near Cairo, Egypt, killing at least 90 and burying an estimated 500 people.

A suicide truck bomb explosion destroys the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing at least 60 and injuring 266.

Following negotiations, President Robert Mugabe and opposition leaders Morgan Tsvangirai and Arthur Mutambara sign a power-sharing deal, making Tsvangirai the new Prime Minister of Zimbabwe.

SpaceX Falcon 1 becomes the world's first privately developed space launch vehicle to successfully make orbit.

Now what's your point?
Ham Bone

Salem, AR

#25841 Jul 15, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take most anything over this lying POS we have now.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25842 Jul 15, 2013
History Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all imagine we are now in November 2012!

The worst president in American history somehow gets re-elected after spending the prior four years weakening the greatest most powerful nation in the world to the point where they actually get a credit downgrade for the first time in their history.

Obama had more deficit spending in his first four years as president than all other president's combined in our nation's history.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25843 Jul 15, 2013
TIFWIW but I heard today that the heads of the labor unions wrote a letter to the White House saying that the implementation of Obamacare will gut their current healthcare benefits packages. The labor unions are the largest most dedicated group of supporters for the Democratic party and Obama's key piece of legislation that he wants to define his presidency is Obamacare. UH-OH, sounds like there's trouble brewing in paradise.
History Check

Ash Flat, AR

#25846 Jul 16, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
TIFWIW but I heard today that the heads of the labor unions wrote a letter to the White House saying that the implementation of Obamacare will gut their current healthcare benefits packages. The labor unions are the largest most dedicated group of supporters for the Democratic party and Obama's key piece of legislation that he wants to define his presidency is Obamacare. UH-OH, sounds like there's trouble brewing in paradise.
If you think that has any worth at all, you have your head farther up your ass than I originally thought.
History Check

Ash Flat, AR

#25847 Jul 16, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
These things also happened in September 2008
Hurricane Ike makes landfall on Texas as Category 2 and kills 27 in the United States, after killing four in Cuba, one in the Dominican Republic, and 75 in Haiti.
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani of Pakistan survives an assassination attempt near Islamabad, while on his way to meet British Leader of the Opposition David Cameron.
President's Dimitris Christofias and Mehmet Ali Talat hold peace talks in Nicosia, aimed at reunifying Cyprus.
At least eight boulders dislodge from a cliff near Cairo, Egypt, killing at least 90 and burying an estimated 500 people.
A suicide truck bomb explosion destroys the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing at least 60 and injuring 266.
Following negotiations, President Robert Mugabe and opposition leaders Morgan Tsvangirai and Arthur Mutambara sign a power-sharing deal, making Tsvangirai the new Prime Minister of Zimbabwe.
SpaceX Falcon 1 becomes the world's first privately developed space launch vehicle to successfully make orbit.
Now what's your point?
Being the subject was things financial, before you mention President Obama's name in your post it would be safe to presume that is also what you were talking about when you said

"BUT has turned a bad situation much worse"

I showed you some of the events in the financial arena taking place at the time of first election, to compare with what is going on today.

Did that clear it up for you?

That post and this one clearly shows your opinion contains 0% objectivity, is purely subjective, with no hint of plausibility.

Majority of this post is about events outside the US. I would suspect you knew exactly what I was talking about, and now making a feeble attempt to turn the discussion away from your obviously baseless opinion .
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25848 Jul 16, 2013
History Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that has any worth at all, you have your head farther up your ass than I originally thought.
Only time will tell how much worth it has. Unions have been known to kill people who try to go against them. Why? Because going against them may mean taking money out of their pockets and unions will do ANYTHING to protect their money and power. Obama and the Democratic party putting a piece of legislation in place that causes union members to have to pay out of pocket for benefits they would lose under Obamacare may be enough to lose some support. Don't think the unions will ever do what's right and completely get off of their addiction to government handouts though. If you thought I was implying that then maybe it's you who has your head where the sun don't shine. Unions will ALWAYS protect the Democratic party and their American-killing agenda.
John

Jonesboro, AR

#25849 Jul 16, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all imagine we are now in November 2012!
The worst president in American history somehow gets re-elected after spending the prior four years weakening the greatest most powerful nation in the world to the point where they actually get a credit downgrade for the first time in their history.
Obama had more deficit spending in his first four years as president than all other president's combined in our nation's history.
This country is greater and stronger then ever before for the top 2% and weaker for the working class and the poor, all by design.
Now lets all imagine we are in November 1999!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25850 Jul 16, 2013
History Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Being the subject was things financial, before you mention President Obama's name in your post it would be safe to presume that is also what you were talking about when you said
"BUT has turned a bad situation much worse"
I showed you some of the events in the financial arena taking place at the time of first election, to compare with what is going on today.
Did that clear it up for you?
That post and this one clearly shows your opinion contains 0% objectivity, is purely subjective, with no hint of plausibility.
Majority of this post is about events outside the US. I would suspect you knew exactly what I was talking about, and now making a feeble attempt to turn the discussion away from your obviously baseless opinion .
The obvious is financial and no one can argue otherwise. The financial numbers show this clearly. Obama came blazing on the scene by crying that Bush spending more than we take in is "un-American". Obama's solution to every situation, financial or otherwise, is to spend money regardless of whether or not we have it to spend. Talk about hypocritical.
Then there are things like racial divisions that Obama and his administration cause by inserting themselves into situations they have no business in or saying as the leader of this nation. The beer summit, Treyvon Martin, envolvement in Jeremiah Wright's anti-American, anti-white church, Eric Holder's comments about "my people", Obama calling his grandmother a "Typical white person", Obama's comments in a 1995 interview where he said things like Obama admits his Redistribution of Wealth is to SAVE the African American community SO HE CAN ENSURE HIS OWN SALVATION!, or "I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs, who doesn’t want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school", Obama saying that anyone who disagrees with him is the "enemy", and "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving". I'm running out of room so I'll stop but the list goes on and on. There is simply no end to Obama's racism. Add that to the financial destruction Obama is causing in this nation and he is clearly the worst president this nation has ever seen. The fact that he is half black just gives him a crutch to lean on everytime something he does goes wrong, which is all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Private school 1 hr surely we know 20
Expunged Record 13 hr guest 6
OLE sawmill 16 hr watcher 6
Allison crafford 18 hr What 6
Douglas Bokker/Sara Kiser murder 1st Thu justthinkin 38
do u know him Thu just wondering 1
rene adams Thu curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forrest City Mortgages