Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again ole boy, for that post to be contrary to mine, it would have to be discussing what is happening today, not statistics quoted from a year ago.
You know I don't put much stock in articles/blogs. I was simply pointing out that you can find an even amount of articles from either side. As for now or in the past goes, I bet you don't want to compare the past to what your leader has done in the present. Nice side-step there Barn.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir when you reach the point you have reached at this time reposting the blogs of Michael T. Snyder, you have hit rock bottom.
See my previous reply. I don't even know who Michael T. Snyder is.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
BTW, read this today also Reality Check.
Dassault Falcon Jet announces $60M expansion in Little Rock.
http://www.thv11.com/news/article/267054/2/Da...
Nobody said there were NO companies doing well under this administration. It's the average American that is suffering under this administration. So much, in fact, that personal wealth for average Americans is down 39% since 2007 despite claims that Obama has cut taxes some 44 times since he took office. I'll take the old taxes and 39% more money in my pocket any day.
good times

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Barney must be living the good life and rubbing elbows with the rich and famous
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a piece of an article contrary to yours.
Not really, two different bananas. It's been almost impossible to buy strictly American for many years.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite content with the way I am and the way mankind is in the eyes of our creator.(With the exception of some of the stupid things people do.) I feel no need, nor do I have the desire, to "evolve." What is wrong with you to think you (and mankind) need to do more "evolving?" How can the Constitution and the Bill of Rights "evolve" into something better than what it is and what it was meant to be and do for our fellow citizens?
All you have to do is look around you, our creator gave us the ability to think, to expand our knowledge, to make our lives better, therefor evolve.

Unless of course you have some special insight into the creators mind, not to mention the Founders thoughts given modern day challenges.

If so, Edgar Cayce wants to contact you at your earliest convenience.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous reply. I don't even know who Michael T. Snyder is.
Keep on trying to convince yourself. You say one thing and then say the meaning was something different from what you actually wrpte.

Your behavior in this post indicates you have a guilty conscience for lying.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I don't put much stock in articles/blogs. I was simply pointing out that you can find an even amount of articles from either side. As for now or in the past goes, I bet you don't want to compare the past to what your leader has done in the present. Nice side-step there Barn.
No one really cares about how many blogs you can find or how many lies you can tell about them, from either side, nor did your response have a damn thing to do with the post you responded to.

You got your argument shot down with current statistics..

Any time you care to opine this presidents achievements against any Republican President since Eisenhower bring it on!!!

The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Hello morons, still posting in this lame thread i see.
Yep

Marion, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Of course
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Are we having fun yet?
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, two different bananas. It's been almost impossible to buy strictly American for many years.

" It's been almost impossible to buy strictly American for many years."

Two reasons: 1)American labor laws. A company has two options, America that makes companies spend ridiculous amounts of money to be in compliance or, lets say China, that basically says "We don't care how you run your business, we just want your company in our country". It's no wonder companies go to China. 2)Highest corporate tax in the world. People will protect their money. Whichever country allows a business to keep more of it's profits will get the opportunity for that business to set up shop.

As for labor laws in China, to me, there are issues with what the Chinese workers have to go through to be employed. BUT, the reality is that those same individuals would be in the exact same boat, and maybe worse, even if our companies didn't have operations over there because of the Communistic Chinese government. You would have to get rid of Communism in China in order to allow those individuals to earn a decent living in decent working conditions. Because no less than 95% of American shoppers ONLY care about price, don't expect America to be the ones to ask the Chinese to change their ways.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Two reasons: 1)American labor laws. A company has two options, America that makes companies spend ridiculous amounts of money to be in compliance or, lets say China, that basically says "We don't care how you run your business, we just want your company in our country". It's no wonder companies go to China. 2)Highest corporate tax in the world. People will protect their money. Whichever country allows a business to keep more of it's profits will get the opportunity for that business to set up shop.
As for labor laws in China, to me, there are issues with what the Chinese workers have to go through to be employed. BUT, the reality is that those same individuals would be in the exact same boat, and maybe worse, even if our companies didn't have operations over there because of the Communistic Chinese government. You would have to get rid of Communism in China in order to allow those individuals to earn a decent living in decent working conditions. Because no less than 95% of American shoppers ONLY care about price, don't expect America to be the ones to ask the Chinese to change their ways.
Then why try to political hay against this administration while defending the reasons and practices of companies relocating jobs to China or any of the Third World?

BTW, China is fast becoming a state supported capitalist country.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Our number one trade partner in the world has some very strict labor laws favoring the worker.

More Active Unions: Canadian labor laws are based on the US model, but typically much more restrictive of managementís right to intervene in a certification drive.

More importantly,
Canadian unions are much more prevalent in the private sector, representing approximately 20% of all workers, and they continue to aggressively pursue certifications in the service sector.

They have managed to organize selected outlets of American retail giants such as Wal-Mart and Starbucks.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why try to political hay against this administration while defending the reasons and practices of companies relocating jobs to China or any of the Third World?
"BTW, China is fast becoming a state supported capitalist country"

State supported and Capitalist don't mix just like oil and water.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Our number one trade partner in the world has some very strict labor laws favoring the worker.
More Active Unions: Canadian labor laws are based on the US model, but typically much more restrictive of managementís right to intervene in a certification drive.
More importantly,
Canadian unions are much more prevalent in the private sector, representing approximately 20% of all workers, and they continue to aggressively pursue certifications in the service sector.
They have managed to organize selected outlets of American retail giants such as Wal-Mart and Starbucks.
Geographically it would be much cheaper for any business to go to Canada rather than China. That means Canada could actually be more expensive to a business than China and still have American businesses choose them over China. So what are the numbers going to Canada vs. the numbers going to China? Go ahead and make my argument for me.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then why try to political hay against this administration"

Sorry Redd, I have no clue what this means.
The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

How do you morons expect anyone to take you seriously when you are to stupid to let this God awful, off topic thread die?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason murphy state trooper 35 min lolol 2
Personal trainers 11 hr Prosper 2
taylor glass Thu guest 24
Ferguson - Forrest City, AR Thu lolol 15
Does anyone know who Jerry Lamb is...I keep hea... (Jun '09) Wed lissy 26
turn signals Wed dessip 2
Jennifer cole Wed guest 2 7

Search the Forrest City Forum:
•••
•••