West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

freethinker wrote:
Brad, I see where you are coming from, but clearly you can look at this forum and see that you guys have some serious race issues around here.It does seem like some of the white people make awful assumptions about the blacks in this area. I don't know if that is based on your own experiences or things that were passed down to you. I believe someone stated earlier that it may not necesarily have anything to do with race as much as it has to do with nepotism, or favortism,etc.
I can understand how the blacks feel. A few years ago, my Director hired his friend's son after my manager resigned. This dude had no experience and was a recent college graduate. I understood wanting to help out a friend, but seriously why would you overlook a loyal hardworking employee over the unknown?. Thats not really good business sense. When it became obvious that i would be doing the work while he received the credit, I left. I wasn't about to help this guy move up on my hardwork. i just know that it really did hurt me to be in that position. it just seems as though race should not matter, but experience and education should at a college.
You are not a very "free thinker". You are quick to acknowledge your perceived short comings of the white race, but not the black race. There is enough to go around.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

freethinker wrote:
Brad, I see where you are coming from, but clearly you can look at this forum and see that you guys have some serious race issues around here.It does seem like some of the white people make awful assumptions about the blacks in this area. I don't know if that is based on your own experiences or things that were passed down to you. I believe someone stated earlier that it may not necesarily have anything to do with race as much as it has to do with nepotism, or favortism,etc.

I can understand how the blacks feel. A few years ago, my Director hired his friend's son after my manager resigned. This dude had no experience and was a recent college graduate. I understood wanting to help out a friend, but seriously why would you overlook a loyal hardworking employee over the unknown?. Thats not really good business sense. When it became obvious that i would be doing the work while he received the credit, I left. I wasn't about to help this guy move up on my hardwork. i just know that it really did hurt me to be in that position. it just seems as though race should not matter, but experience and education should at a college.
What do you mean by "you guys"? Now if I was black I'd pull the race card on that little remark. Lol

Anyways, I don't think you should have quit, as a company man I do what is best for my company. Regardless of bad decisions they may make to me. I'll voice my opinion on it, but at the end if the day I support the people that fund my way of living. In time all bad choices made will surface. If I was in your situation I would just made sure any thing I had to do for him that pertained to his work, would have been emailed to him and CC or BC to your director. When asked something verbally, just follow up with an email, like for example. Just as a follow up on so and so that you inquired about earlier, here is a detailed explanation of the information so you will have material to reflect back on in the future.
Doing that will show your Director, you know what your doing as well as a company first mentality. A good team player. And it will also show what all he lacks and you will have written documentation of everything,)
I'm a firm believer in documentation on everything within the office.
former FC native

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

freethinker wrote:
Thanks for understanding the real situation here. Education and experience should be important at a college. People should not be hired and be paid high salaries with no experience and others do the work. Nepotism, racism, favoritism, etc. Definitely not good business sense. Blacks are kept in the background, except for a couple of TOKENS!!! Terrible assumptions are being made about Blacks that are not true. Bad people exist in every race. When someone is educated and has experience, all other factors should be left out. But people are being overlooked, not even given an opportunity to interview, because they are not a part of a particular group.
former FC native

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Some people don't care about injustice until it affects them or members of their family.
Yea-guestrite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

former FC native wrote:
Some people don't care about injustice until it affects them or members of their family.
I've been monitoring this thread and I think you hit the nail on the head. These folks are in denial. I am black and race has nothing to do with my hiring practices. If I have to bring a new person in, I would definitely not put them over my experienced, educated staff. If my staff did have an "attitude"(sublimina l), they would have been made aware of that attitude and why their carets are limited. It doesn't seem smart to bring in a. Inexperienced person in over a seasoned worker. I don't care what relationship we have. I can't jeopardize my business for my friend and a friend wouldn't expect it. My friend, associate woukd have to bring something to the table besides friendship. If I hired every friend, family, homie who asked me for a job, I wouldn't have one. Some people are blinded or just refuse to open their minds to anything race related.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

guest wrote:
JH. PL. TM. ST. SW. TB. BB. need I go on.
apply

Apply at Department of human services if your black because that's all that's qualified to work there.
what

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

What about all of the blacks that pick their friends over qualified people else where. I guess that's not an issue.
Itstrue

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

what wrote:
What about all of the blacks that pick their friends over qualified people else where. I guess that's not an issue.
Name company names. Grace doesn't just pick whites, but certain whites. He looks over whites that are not in his circle. It's funny to watch the wannabe whites try and fit in, they are unsuccessful
Disgusted

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Apparently "What" does not get out much. I would like to know just how many times u have seen this happen. Get real!

"Itstrue" you r so right. Just wannabes making fools of themselves and being used. Too stupid to realize that they r nothng more.
Sadly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I've tried to ignore this since I was directed to this site, but yeah pretty accurate.

There is NOTHING worse than having the qualifications, experience, knowledge and is actively performing the duties, and not even be considered for promotions based on something uncontrollable such as race. I think often times some whites allow stereotypes and negative blacks to blanket the entire race. It REALLY hurts... Especially when you were raised to not see color. I'm starting to see the world totally different from how I was raised.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Forrest City Forum right now

Search the Forrest City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Paulman 35 min lmao 5
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr guest 29,063
taylor glass 7 hr Guest 17
chrissy holland (Oct '12) 19 hr chrissy holland 50
Who is Matthew Free from colt 20 hr little pecker 4
guy's being 18 or 19 dating 14 and 15 year old ... (Dec '13) 20 hr guest 107
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 20 hr whiskers 9,792
•••
•••
•••
•••

Forrest City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Forrest City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••