animal ctrol officer
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
flowers

Johnstown, NY

#1 Jan 7, 2013
who isin line for this job? i would like them to take care of a problem i have with the neighbors dog that is supposed to be confined but is let out to run free
wrong

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Your in the wrong forum! Lyons Falls has their own dog officer!
Winterfell

North Creek, NY

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Does anyone else find it ironic that the minute John Isley was suspended from Woodgate fire and put on 6 months probation for "conduct detrimental to good order and insubordination", the Animal Control Officers job was taken from or put up for advertisement after Charlene Sege has done a fine job without question for a number of years, it's just a coinciidence she is married to the chief and main complaintant in the Isley charges...this is backstabbing , manipulative politics at its best.....shame on you Bill H for being so manipulated by this man who adds nothing, does nothing, unless it benefits him......shame on us all for letting it go on.....shameful...thanks...Win terfell
foolish

New Hartford, NY

#4 Jan 14, 2013
What kind of foolishness on the part of another person could cause a change in the Animal Control Officers position, who has been doing a tremendous job?
OH, wait, could it be old cattle prod at it again?
Could there be more to this, such as the good old boys retaliation? The old cover my you know what situation that has been in existence for a long time between the Supervisor and the Deputy? Maybe this needs airing out....it smells.
THEY must feel very powerful and comfortable in this community to become so transparent in their actions.
just a thought

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 14, 2013
foolish wrote:
What kind of foolishness on the part of another person could cause a change in the Animal Control Officers position, who has been doing a tremendous job?
OH, wait, could it be old cattle prod at it again?
Could there be more to this, such as the good old boys retaliation? The old cover my you know what situation that has been in existence for a long time between the Supervisor and the Deputy? Maybe this needs airing out....it smells.
THEY must feel very powerful and comfortable in this community to become so transparent in their actions.
sounds like arrogance. arrogance survives because of lack of oversite and the arrogantee feels comfortable in knowing his actions are without oversite.

when parties are so comfortable with this type of conduct it makes one pause and wonder if a change of personnel is not overdue...as has been suggested at this site.

Lets just make sure we dont jump from one "good ole boy" situation to another "good ole boy" situation.
Interesting

New Hartford, NY

#6 Jan 14, 2013
ANYONE BUYING CATTLE PRODS AGAIN LATELY? OMG
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Well Bill did his duty and signed on the line .....now we can get on....
Just came across another interesting " coincidence" , the day after John Isley was suspended from Woodgate Vol Fire ......besides taking an active roll in convincing Bill H to take the dog wardens position from Charlene Sege ( the fire chiefs wife), he also made inquiries as to the legalities of a locally owned and operated small home based business of the husband of one of the ladies who served on the "disciplinary committee" who was one of five members who took part in a very fair and impartial investigation......any way John was using his "Deputy Supervisors" position to access files to see if he could "make trouble" for this couple , from what I understand he was not assisted as he would have liked, kudos to our codes office and assessors office for not buying into his manipulative web......folks this has gotten out of hand.....this guy is not "elected" by the public, he is wandering the halls of our town hall and streets like they are "his" .......again I am "ashamed" for Bill H for allowing this putz to be his front man.....I would have thought a man with his reputation and connections would not give this sort the time of day.....I listened to the prepared speech by the attorney Bill hired at the meeting the other night which included phrases like honesty, and always thinking of the towns best interest first .....and to see this sorry example of our community be able to utilize the towns offices as his own personal vendetta machine is just shameful ....again I have made every effort in the past to add, to be positive, to welcome progress......but this has worn my patience.....this is "criminal" .....and it is being condoned and assisted ......sorrow full and ashamed to see it persist unchecked ....thanks .....Winterfell.....
your such a POS

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Winterfell wrote:
Well Bill did his duty and signed on the line .....now we can get on....
Just came across another interesting " coincidence" , the day after John Isley was suspended from Woodgate Vol Fire ......besides taking an active roll in convincing Bill H to take the dog wardens position from Charlene Sege ( the fire chiefs wife), he also made inquiries as to the legalities of a locally owned and operated small home based business of the husband of one of the ladies who served on the "disciplinary committee" who was one of five members who took part in a very fair and impartial investigation......any way John was using his "Deputy Supervisors" position to access files to see if he could "make trouble" for this couple , from what I understand he was not assisted as he would have liked, kudos to our codes office and assessors office for not buying into his manipulative web......folks this has gotten out of hand.....this guy is not "elected" by the public, he is wandering the halls of our town hall and streets like they are "his" .......again I am "ashamed" for Bill H for allowing this putz to be his front man.....I would have thought a man with his reputation and connections would not give this sort the time of day.....I listened to the prepared speech by the attorney Bill hired at the meeting the other night which included phrases like honesty, and always thinking of the towns best interest first .....and to see this sorry example of our community be able to utilize the towns offices as his own personal vendetta machine is just shameful ....again I have made every effort in the past to add, to be positive, to welcome progress......but this has worn my patience.....this is "criminal" .....and it is being condoned and assisted ......sorrow full and ashamed to see it persist unchecked ....thanks .....Winterfell.....
Now you know how he works 24/7! Unless Bill H is unable to perform his duties John has no legal right to act as anything! As a matter of fact, I would like to know why he sits at the table with the town board at meetings when Bill H is present. If Bill H is present at the meeting John Isley has no legal right to say a word, vote or anything else! If Bill is unable to act as supervisor at the meetings and has John act then Bill H should not be in the building at all!!!!! For that matter why is Bill Gardner sitting at the same table? Is he a member of the town board? These clowns are running the town like a 3 ring circus! When Bill first took office he was told there were laws, rules and regulations to follow, a month or 2 later the person who informed him of this was forced to take an early retirement for getting sick and nearly passing away! Bill H has been dirty from the beginning right along with Bill G and John I. They need to all go! John Isley will do what ever it takes for personal gain! I can give an ear full and then some about Mr Isleys past that would twist your toe nails in a knot! Want some help Winterfell? SAY THE WORD!!!!!
OUTSIDE CONTACT

New Hartford, NY

#9 Jan 18, 2013
It appears there is so much going on here, the bridges, the dog warden, the summer rec program, the MINK, the meetings by a committee to bring the twin bridges to ballot and action by the Town Board,
the uproar about rigging contracts, etc.,etc.
I truly feel badly for our community, that it cannot resolve these issues, and that there has been no legal council present to note and keep things that happen on record and filed safely should the taxpayers choose to file a class action.

I was not present at all of these meetings, but the ones I did attend, there was no TOWN ATTORNEY present to keep us within legal boundaries.

Just what do we pay our Town Lawyer, and what do we pay him to do?.........

Please people, get this settled, let us come to consensus here and move forward. Those who act like spoiled children and pout, and plot revenge and retalliation need to be tossed out on their royal behinds. The deputy appears to be over-extending his role, which is to act at times the Super. can't!! Instead the Super. is captive to this person because of past favors and secret activities......or so they think.

COME ON..........LETS GET THIS OPENED UP WIDE, GET OUTSIDE LEGAL ADVICE AND LET THE STINK OUT. THAT WAY THE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEIR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE REALLY DOING FOR US! OR SHOULD THAT BE REPHRASED TO WHAT THEY ARE REALLY DOING TO SCREW US??

Our community needs to begin to heal and it cannot heal everytime someone opens up the SCABS.
Town Minutes

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jan 18, 2013
The Dog Worden issue was discussed at the Jan 4th organizational meeting. Go the to the town minutes for that who thing about who applied for replacing Sege.
Also, on Jan. 9th Town Board meeting it says that the town will undergo a NYS Audit.

Please people, keep yourself informed and attend what meetings you can to keep in the know on issues that happen and we aren't even aware of. Be at these meetings yourself, you as a taxpayer are the one who will be affected by every change or addition they make in staffing and activities.

There is much you can do for yourself regarding these issues if you CARE ENOUGH to take the time.
You need to see them in action, and listen to the conversations that take place that will not be posted in the minutes
It is time Winterfell

New Hartford, NY

#11 Jan 18, 2013
The minutes of that meeting showing that it was Isley who told Haenauer to take the Dog Warden Job away from her.
READ THOSE MINUTES IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

That was nothing but retaliation on the part of Isley and Hasenauer jumped through the hoop. THE ENTIRE BOARD IS NOW INVOLVED IN THAT PAYBACK.........
Well, the proverbial payback is a bitch should be the title of that meeting.

I am so pleased someone on here is getting into things, but we all need to read and ask questions about these action ourselves, and then compare the answers we were individually given..........
Talk about illegal acts....there is enough documented on line to ASK FOR AN INVESTIGATION and quickly before they disappear.
Good thing we all have the cut and paste features on our computer systems........
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#12 Jan 18, 2013
It is time........it is a shame, a travesty that this imp can push buttons, pull strings and sit and glare with such an air of entitlement.....maybe it's time to bring in an investigative body ? Who from? NYS attorney generals office?.. State Police? I keep reverting back in my mind to the old fashioned way, frontier justice....ah but that's not right.....I keep hoping...justice will prevail...but it does not happen.....somewhat disgusted....thanks ...Winterfell...
Dexter

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Yup, she was the best dog warden ever - caring about the animals AND people. Did her job excellently. Yet, one person who's caused problems in SEVERAL organizations continues on.
Woodgater

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Winterfell wrote:
It is time........it is a shame, a travesty that this imp can push buttons, pull strings and sit and glare with such an air of entitlement.....maybe it's time to bring in an investigative body ? Who from? NYS attorney generals office?.. State Police? I keep reverting back in my mind to the old fashioned way, frontier justice....ah but that's not right.....I keep hoping...justice will prevail...but it does not happen.....somewhat disgusted....thanks ...Winterfell...
I read this post and had to smile Winterfell. Your list of what to do and which investigative body to try and get to actually do something and then the only one that some of them understand the frontier justice route. Isn't it a shame that frontier justice is what it honestly takes to get their attention! Mr Isley has certainly upset some of the worst people for frontier justice than anyone could honestly have asked for! It makes some of us sit back and scratch our heads and wonder what to hell was he thinking! It seems that the legal route is covered by Bill H so what's left? What kind of back door dealers is everyone up against is the real question!
who

New Hartford, NY

#15 Jan 19, 2013
On the town web site under animal control department, Charlene Sege is listed as our animal control person, is this not so ? Then who is?
smitty

Gloversville, NY

#16 Jan 19, 2013
who wrote:
On the town web site under animal control department, Charlene Sege is listed as our animal control person, is this not so ? Then who is?
We don't have one- a candidate will be appointed at the February board meeting.
I was there too

Johnsburg, NY

#17 Jan 19, 2013
It will be either Bill Garner or Elizabeth Ritter. If the town board pickes Bill it will save the town the cost of health ins for one person as he already has town ins.
Bubba

Northville, NY

#18 Jan 19, 2013
someone said Ken Ernst wanted it also ,
Woodgater

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 19, 2013
Bill Gardner????? Your kidding right?????? If that man ever sets foot on my property or touches any of our animals for any reason you will see it on the news!!!!!!!!!!
Winterfell

Springfield, NJ

#20 Jan 20, 2013
It seems the general opinion is Charlene Sege is still the best choice for animal control officer , yes it is an "appointed" position , to be given out by the discretion of the town board and the supervisor....these are not by the supervisor only......maybe if the public were to call or write the council person they have any connection with this might put just enough influence to reinstate Charlene.....when the public was unhappy with Bill H. Not signing the bridge bill, they came out in force.....and it changed the outcome....we only have a few weeks.....start calling, writing and stopping to visit your councilman , express your and the towns best interest...this is how it starts.....one brick at a time....lets take back our town.......who is with me.....if the board votes her in.....she is in.......majority rule...so take action.....thanks... Winterfell .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forestport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 2 hr sassy 1,062
People that keep having kids.... 2 hr Trace 1
Accident at otis today 7 hr Fat dad 1
easy women 8 hr Spoooony 2
Jerry Abshire? 9 hr Kevin P 1
How did David & Jade Lackey get away with murder? 9 hr Concerned mpther 3
Great American Grocery Store (Mar '13) 13 hr donold trup 124
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forestport Mortgages