Town of Chester Police

Town of Chester Police

There are 6 comments on the Chronicle Newspaper story from Jul 14, 2014, titled Town of Chester Police. In it, Chronicle Newspaper reports that:

Brandon M. Johnson, 19, of Chester was charged with third-degree unlawfully fleeing a police officer and reckless driving, misdemeanors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chronicle Newspaper.

Jerry

Warwick, NY

#1 Jul 29, 2014
The Chester cops ate a joke.The cops and politicians ate the biggest thieves and crooks going.Town of Chester cop Dave Forester arrested for exposing himself to little children got a slap on the wrist by former Orange County D.A.Kid in car chase in Village of Chester is chases by Town of Chester cop out of his jurisdiction and ends up with a broken pelvis returns to work with a commendation and increased rank his fellow cop Dave Slowick also of tyje Town of Chester kicks the injured boys head in as he lay in the car wreck caused by Officer Bob Ferrara,Dave Slowick kicked in the boys head that resulted in massive head injury and trauma and the placement of two titanium plates in his broken skull he was tried found guilty and sent away for 15years to the state penitentiary. Bob Ferraro who caused this mayhem sued the Village cops Deceased Dave Hagburg recently found dead of a heroin overdose after several stints in rehab his death was not publicized because he should have been tested monthly and wasn't for urine tests indicative of drug use.Hagburg was sued as was Timothy McGuire who attends alternative lifestyle parties even though he is married with a child texts of invitations to other Chester residents have been circulated by McGuire inviting others to these orgies.Officer Thornton also sued and the case was settled out of court for over 2 million to the Town of Chester cop Bob Ferrara who started the car chase outside of his jurisdiction.Dan Doellinget and Officer Slowick and several Chester Town cops entered a private home because of several cars parked in the driveway.They broke into the home pulled the owner out of his bed and arraigned him in his pajamas the man was a NYPD officer who was never served a warrant or read his rights.That lawsuit cost the Chester tax payers over a million in legal fees and settlements for the Haines and Hale families against the Town of Chester cop.In approximately 2011 so many vehicle accidents caused the insurance company to cancel their coverage over 17 accidents in less then a year for a 15 person police department.The Village of Chester is no better with Dave Hagburg suspended several times,PBA Pres.Officer John Raftery stole $8,0000.00 from the fund from his fellow officers he was arrested the case has never been discussed publicly or reported on again.Officer Anthony Vicaretti has asked for bribes from Chester residents and referred to himself as really kinky.Officer Jan Oppman 's step daughter shot herself in the head twice with an off duty gun twice in the head no formal charges or investigation this same officer sued her superior Brian Jarvis for sexual harassment and won $186,000.00 no jail time for Chief Brian Jarvis or the other alleged sexual predator police officers in the Town of Chester.There is more to report but ultimately it ddeonstrates these small town police departments ate redundant ,without real police training or education and should be disbanded.The village should be dissolved it comprises of 3 miles and doesn't need two police departments that have no clear police work experience for real crime ,no education and ate actually so corrupt and merely present to assuage the egoes of the likes of part time Chester Village Mayor Phil Valastro and part time Town of Chester Supv Steve Neuhaus neither with the education,industry,experience vto chose qualified leafetrs in police work to supervise this band of clowns who do nothing but sue one or the other municipality and get payoffs at the cost of the hard pressed taxpayer.Both departments should be disbanded and the New York State Police Department should be hired to police the area.Chester is listed as the 8th safest place to live in New York States yet the village and town courts are packed with illegal arrests ,malicious prosecution,and total inept bumbling keystone cops.Check it out yourself?
Cooler Heads

Port Jervis, NY

#2 Jul 31, 2014
Sorry, you lost credibility when, in your first sentence, you informed us that the Chester cops 'ate a joke'.

Oh, and paragraphs help distinguish you as a thoughtful commentator expressing an opinion, rather than a nutcase engaged in a lunatic rant.

Have a nice day sparky, and remember, take your meds.
DonnieWingo

Montague, NJ

#3 Aug 24, 2014
Cooler Heads wrote:
Sorry, you lost credibility when, in your first sentence, you informed us that the Chester cops 'ate a joke'.
Oh, and paragraphs help distinguish you as a thoughtful commentator expressing an opinion, rather than a nutcase engaged in a lunatic rant.
Have a nice day sparky, and remember, take your meds.
Yes, and the rest of the whole damn rant is the last sentence. What a moron he is.
wat2

Winthrop, MA

#5 Oct 28, 2014
Yup -no argument here- end it all -have County Sheriffs take the patrols and move on.......common sense prevails....
retsgt02

Winthrop, MA

#6 Oct 28, 2014
The destinct possibility exists that when municipalities attempt to "throw together" a Police department, cost is always the main issue . With that being said , personnell selection and those chosen to make said selections, are most likey going to reflect the the" low cost" fabric that the job was initiated with. Subsequently, you are left with substandard employers, that hire substandard employees, which is in fact," not actually intentional", rather the people doing the hiring are also not knowlegeable enough to see a potentially disasterous employee staring him in the face during an interview. It is self evident at this juncture, that some of the Chester Police personnell were not hired by many departments, or inexplicably left other departments, for reasons that should have been looked into further, before being sworn in as Police Officers. Some of the incidents involving some Officers were not in as much "deliberatly corrupt", as these incidents show a lack of intellegence, which leads me back to personnell selection shortcomings. Unfortunatly, just wanting to be a cop really bad, doesnt mean you should be a cop , and on the same token, maybe that person "should never be a cop", anywhere in this country. Chester never wanted a Police department that rose to its own level of incompetence, or did they?
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#7 Dec 9, 2014
Johnnymongo wrote:
Sounds to me Jerry knows what he is talking about. Truth trumps punctuation. I know Chester cops are a joke. The whole town is corrupt. Every time I come to Chester the cops have someone pulled over. Always trying to squeeze the citizen for cash.
I learned many years ago as a non resident of Chester, don't speed and obey the traffic laws, I drive through the area many times during the year on my way up state with out any trouble from State or Chester Police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forestburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
worked for my uncle charlie pankow at green me... (Jun '09) Jun 22 Bob Gladitsch 21
Top Hill Day Camp/Kauneonga/White Lake Reunion (Aug '06) Jan '16 Bethel Clerk 146
Section 8 controversy (Jun '15) Oct '15 Bozo 5
bertrams lodge (Jul '09) Oct '15 A friend 28
welfare troll (Sep '15) Sep '15 And so it is 1
News Tristin M. Buckstad (Jan '14) Aug '15 tjbuckstad-russo 2
Eazy (Jul '15) Jul '15 Curious 1

Forestburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forestburgh Mortgages