Arrest ordered in Vt. same-sex parent...

Arrest ordered in Vt. same-sex parent custody case

There are 22 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Arrest ordered in Vt. same-sex parent custody case. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A Vermont judge has ordered the arrest of a woman who has refused to turn over her 7-year-old daughter to her former lesbian partner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sick of it

Wallingford, CT

#1 Feb 23, 2010
She must have ate something that left a bad taste in her mouth. OMG... hahahahahahaha
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Feb 23, 2010
This can't be true. Gays tell us this kind of stuff only happens in straight families. I wonder if either of them is the real mother. The story says "they" had the baby two years after they formed a civil union. I don't believe it.
lhs mom

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2010
Wondering wrote:
This can't be true. Gays tell us this kind of stuff only happens in straight families. I wonder if either of them is the real mother. The story says "they" had the baby two years after they formed a civil union. I don't believe it.
I think it's usually kind of easy to tell who is the real mother...
Libertarian

Bedford, MA

#4 Feb 23, 2010
Why does one always dress like a man?
Mamerica

Norwood, MA

#5 Feb 23, 2010
Normally, women have more rights to keep children than husbands. In this case they both are women. I really want to know what criteria the judge rules only one woman can keep the children. I am confused.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Feb 23, 2010
lhs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's usually kind of easy to tell who is the real mother...
How? This is a same sex female couple. Help me out.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 Feb 23, 2010
Mamerica wrote:
Normally, women have more rights to keep children than husbands. In this case they both are women. I really want to know what criteria the judge rules only one woman can keep the children. I am confused.
Me too, the good news is that lhs mom has the answer.
Whose

Lowell, MA

#8 Feb 23, 2010
U'm wondering if she was the one who gave birth to the daughter.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, the good news is that lhs mom has the answer.
Put to vote

Lowell, MA

#9 Feb 23, 2010
OK. Why doesn't this surprise us? Woman are completely vindictive. I can't imagine how vindictive a lesbian could be!!! ROFL!!!!
Gay marriage should get put to the peoples' vote. It would be completely stuffed mirroring the results of Maine. Once again, the only reason gay marriage passed was for political votes. Can you say corruptions? Can you say government corruption???
Happily Out in Dracut

Lowell, MA

#10 Feb 23, 2010
Libertarian wrote:
Why does one always dress like a man?
Ignorant, it shows in your simple words.
Happily Out in Dracut

Lowell, MA

#11 Feb 23, 2010
Ignorant. Simple mind shows in your simple words and thoughts
lhs mom

United States

#12 Feb 23, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only one woman actually GAVE BIRTH.
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#13 Feb 23, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a case of the sillies this week, huh? Sperm donors are a dime a dozen.
Seriously

Andover, MA

#14 Feb 23, 2010
lhs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only one woman actually GAVE BIRTH.
Fortunately, the state of Massachusetts is progressive enough to realize that biology does not dictate the "realness" of one's parenthood. Instead, "realness" is dictated by intent to have a child, and who takes care of that child. Saying the other mother in a same-sex marriage is not the "real" mother is like saying an adoptive mother is not a "real" mother because she has no biological connection to her child.
Reader

Simsbury, CT

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Every real American Judge you will ever see upon this blessed Earth,is now,and have always acted as a part of Our Father in Heaven -

The neverborn Master of the Lesbian is from Hell - not America.
Watchman

Billerica, MA

#16 Feb 24, 2010
As long as it was a genuine conversion, at least the child will have a chance to be raised with morality, and won't have to be ashamed in school and everywhere else when asked about her parents. Way to go.
time to stand up

Dracut, MA

#17 Feb 24, 2010
Mamerica wrote:
Maybe the judge gave it to the one who gave birth to the child. Just a guess.
Mamerica

Norwood, MA

#18 Feb 24, 2010
Whose wrote:
U'm wondering if she was the one who gave birth to the daughter.<quoted text>
true, but the news didn't mention who the birth mother is.
AND

AOL

#19 Feb 24, 2010
Mamerica wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but the news didn't mention who the birth mother is.
In an earlier report the wowman that took the baby to VA. is the birth mother.
SIN

Lowell, MA

#20 Feb 25, 2010
I can't believe how ignorant you people can be yet you're reading whats going on in todays world. Its a new day. Gay people can marry and have children. Someone might as well do it since the ones bad mouthing gays arent adopting parent-less babies. Both these women love this child its apparent, but the other women doesnt know how to handle the situation (i imagine its extremely hard.) So she runs off... It isnt about who wears the "pants," they both want to care for this child but they cant work as a couple. Its sad to read about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CON Man new to town Mon joe Jack 2
Prison Officers Alone Aug 16 Prison Officers A... 1
Who loves bbw women? Jul 28 Donald trump 3
White woman lookin for black man (Apr '13) Jul 24 jamie 36
Elderly care in Forest (Jul '16) Jul '16 Gentle Care 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Review: Studio 7 Ink (Mar '13) Aug '15 Tatted Queen 2

Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance