taxed to death

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

My family and I are looking to move in the area and would like to find a family oriented community. What are your thoughts on your community? Are the school good? Any jobs hiring? Friendly atmosphere?
Squidbilly

Jacksboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Forest is a great growing community, you're right outside of Lynchburg so depending on what your profession is it shouldn't be to hard to find a job. I would also consider Bedford though, it has a smaller town feel to it but is also growing. You will be almost in the middle of Roanoke and Lynchburg so it would give you another city to consider when job hunting. Another community to look at would be Smith Mountain Lake. All three communities have great schools, and about the same friendly southern atmosphere.
taxed to death

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Squidbilly wrote:
Forest is a great growing community, you're right outside of Lynchburg so depending on what your profession is it shouldn't be to hard to find a job. I would also consider Bedford though, it has a smaller town feel to it but is also growing. You will be almost in the middle of Roanoke and Lynchburg so it would give you another city to consider when job hunting. Another community to look at would be Smith Mountain Lake. All three communities have great schools, and about the same friendly southern atmosphere.
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to make the move next year. Glad to hear the schools are great. The schools in my current area are unfortunately in sad shape. And what parent doesn't want the best for their children?

Many thanks!
Ford Pitt of Fort Pickett

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

So how do those of you reading this feel about the idea of Fort Pickett being converted into an outlying landing field for the Navy jets stationed at Fetnress Field and Oceana!?
taxed to death

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Ford Pitt of Fort Pickett wrote:
So how do those of you reading this feel about the idea of Fort Pickett being converted into an outlying landing field for the Navy jets stationed at Fetnress Field and Oceana!?
Where is that? I am looking to move to either Bedford or Campbell county.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forest Discussions

Search the Forest Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UMFS Hires New Community Liaison in Lynchburg 18 hr toriv 1
Ignorant lazy blacks in lynchburg (Jun '11) Jul 18 katie 154
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Cheryl Bennett (May '12) Jul 13 I know 7
miller park pool Jul 12 Willy Diggs 10
Christine on Skout from West Lynchburg Jul 12 Willy Diggs 3
does anyone know groy? Jul 8 Renaldo 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••