Since: Feb 11

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Are you not tried of uniform? Of not being able to express you originality your individuality? This isn't about what race you are. What culture your from. What team, group, class you belong. This is about us following our dreams. Our beliefs. Doing as our great heroes have done for this country. Ever since we were little we were told we can be what ever we want to. We can do anything if we set our minds to it. As history shows there were many who didn't do what was expected of them doing. Those same people are what we are studying today. Ralph Waldo Emerson, Rosa Park, Martin Luther king, Henry David Thoreau, Cesar Chavez, The Freedom Raiders,Tank Man . This is our time to use what we have learned. Because if we can't express ourself If we can't fight and stand for what we believe. Than education hasn't failed us we have failed education.

Many use the quote " teaching our students to dress for success" as a technic to convince our parents to agree to uniforms. Seriously do you believe that dressing the same way makes us what we are In the future? Yes I agree schools should have without doubt the ability to teach us about our future. But to stop a child a teen from expressing their feeling their beliefs. To have the option to show the world that they are different "that no other person In this world Is made exactly the same" at least that's what my mom used to say. Georgia state law stops any school system from forcing us to wear uniforms. School didn't make us wear uniforms. They just established it In place and no one went against it, We just followed it. What I am asking is for us to come together as one and ignore what makes us different and stand for one ground. I don't know if this is ever going to be read or if it's going to have any change at all. But to who ever does read this. Hope you feel the same way. Help me help your self. Make others read this. Encourage other to help us. And maybe we can stop reading about history and start making it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 2 hr Red_Dragon 11
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 2 hr Dapper Dan 24
Why do black people hate Jews? (Jan '13) 5 hr spetznaz 238
Uber in Atlanta..Are you an uberX driver? Is it... (Nov '13) 12 hr Dont believe the ... 66
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Chuck 19,852
The Georgia Guidestones is a symbol of evil!!! 18 hr viderincsuiong 3
Time Magazine Covers Offend Millions With Kanye... 22 hr Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Forest Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]