Congressional candidate promises change

Congressional candidate promises change

There are 12 comments on the Redlands Daily Facts story from Jul 18, 2010, titled Congressional candidate promises change. In it, Redlands Daily Facts reports that:

EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the first of two profiles of the candidates running for the 41st District seat in the House of Representatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Redlands Daily Facts.

Thanks Jerry

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#1 Jul 19, 2010
Pat is a fool. Congressman Lewis and his lovely wife are some of the greatest public servants this community will ever have. The day he decides to retire will be a sad one indeed. JERRY is OUR CONGRESSMAN!
CA Voter

AOL

#2 Jul 19, 2010
Wow, the Democrat oponent blames Bush, what a unique campaign stratagy! No Democrat has thought of doing that before except every other one who has no message. However there is a conservative choice for governor. Her name is Chelene Nightingale. www.nightingaleforgovernor.com
Denise

Redlands, CA

#3 Jul 19, 2010
I'd like to remind Mr. Meagher that many of the things being "ignored" currently, are the wishes of the people. And the people ignoring us? The Democratic party, the president, the Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader in the Senate. For a "transparent" administration, it sure looks like all the windows in Washington got boarded up in January of 2009! If he gets to Washington, he'd better realize that he's going to be watched like a hawk and if he decides to give the proverbial finger to the wishes of the people, as the rest of his party has in the last year and half, he'll enjoy a very short career as Congressman. Be warned, Mr. Meagher, we are no longer being silent and are no longer letting things fall where they may. Ignore We The People at your professional peril.
Rex

Murrieta, CA

#4 Jul 19, 2010
I was interested in reading what Mr.Meagher stands for because I believe in term limits and Congressman Lewis has been in a lot longer than what I would vote to allow. That being said, after reading what Mr Meagher wants to do, I think I can wait a couple more years for term limits. A federal Department of Peace ? Just how does he propose to pay for this new department? We should be abolishing departments, not adding them! He says we need to focus on small business instead of mega corporations, this sounds good but jsut what is his focus on small business going to be? More health care regulation will dry up small business not help them, and since he mentioned a need for clean energy, I would bet that he will vote for Nancy Pelosi's energy tax. I call it the small business death tax. He says he wants effective public education, sounds good, but how about getting the Feds out of it and letting it be run locally, this would free up money for education, not increase our taxes. As for Afghanistan, how about just burniing all of the poppies, bomb the training sights out of existence, and keep just enough of a force on hand to bomb and burn any terrorist camps that pop up, and forget about the nation building. Sorry Mr Meagher, but you sound to me like a typical politician who wants to spend everyone else's money
Redlands Patriot

Upland, CA

#5 Jul 19, 2010
I don't know about this democrat, but he can't do more damage than Jerry Lewis has. He was chair of the appropriations committee when Bush was in charge so was the head big-spender in Congress. Just look around here and see how much money he's gotten through earmarks! He was in the top 10 for earmarks in the last congress! That's millions and millions of wasted taxpayer dollars! He's the embodiment of everything the Tea Party, and all Americans who want fiscal responsibility, opposes. We should drive him out of office to show these politicians that our votes can't be bought with borrowed money!
OldReaganMan

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Jul 19, 2010
Redlands Patriot wrote:
I don't know about this democrat, but he can't do more damage than Jerry Lewis has. He was chair of the appropriations committee when Bush was in charge so was the head big-spender in Congress. Just look around here and see how much money he's gotten through earmarks! He was in the top 10 for earmarks in the last congress! That's millions and millions of wasted taxpayer dollars! He's the embodiment of everything the Tea Party, and all Americans who want fiscal responsibility, opposes. We should drive him out of office to show these politicians that our votes can't be bought with borrowed money!
Agree absolutely with you, but, a Department of Peace??? As a Tea Party member, the thought of another federal department makes me want to hurl. This candidate is not the answer either.
Redlands Patriot

Upland, CA

#7 Jul 19, 2010
True. But some newly elected representative with a dumb idea for a Dept. of Peace isn't going to get anywhere, while Lewis can continue to do real damage to our fiscal future. This candidate isn't the answer but he surely can't be worse than Lewis. And getting Lewis out of office would send a much more important message to other big spenders.
Rex

Murrieta, CA

#8 Jul 19, 2010
Redlands Patriot wrote:
True. But some newly elected representative with a dumb idea for a Dept. of Peace isn't going to get anywhere, while Lewis can continue to do real damage to our fiscal future. This candidate isn't the answer but he surely can't be worse than Lewis. And getting Lewis out of office would send a much more important message to other big spenders.
Patriot, He really could be worse than Lewis, You can't look at him as a replacement for Lewis, you must look at him as another vote for whatever dimwitted idea that Pelosi comes up with. Coming out of San Fran. you know that she will be back.
Go away Lane

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Lane Schneider and her teabagging views need to find something better to do than run (and then drop out) of a race against one of the most respected Republicans and Members of Congress.

Hey what place did you come in for Central Committee? That's right. Even the right wingers didn't support your bid. So, my opinion of you is not in a minority.
Republican for a Reason

Murrieta, CA

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Go away Lane wrote:
Lane Schneider and her teabagging views need to find something better to do than run (and then drop out) of a race against one of the most respected Republicans and Members of Congress.
Hey what place did you come in for Central Committee? That's right. Even the right wingers didn't support your bid. So, my opinion of you is not in a minority.
Uhmm...what? I guess you know something the rest of us don't. And of course liberals hate Lane, she has more true activists that help elect real conservatives like Mike Morrell.
Anyone who uses the liberal code word Teabagger is an Obama loving commie that needs to wake up to how their kind is completely ruining our country. So even though "Go Away Lane" loves the kind of politics Pat Meagher would introduce, he would only be part of the problem, not the solution.
Ensen Mason

Santa Monica, CA

#11 Jul 24, 2010
I too did a double take with the mention of another department. I think the local electorate is looking for smaller government. In his defense, peace is a lot cheaper than war, so peace = smaller government. But I think we can accomplish it with the departments we already have. We just need a shift in our priorities. I think Pat Meager can contribute to that shift.
Debbie Jacobs

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2010
Interesting that the original article "disappeared" from the paper. Scary that someone like Jerry Lewis could be responsible for editing the news. My vote will be for Pat Meagher, he will fight for the rights of ordinary citizens. WE have lost many rights during the last 10 years, while supposedly fighting for the rights of those in Iraq and Afghanistan. My vote is for Pat Meagher to restore our civil rights and help make the Inland Empire and the 41st district a Leader in alternative energy sources, NEW JOBS, Education, Training, NEW JOBS, Industry. We have what it takes, we just need LEADERSHIP. That leadership is Pat Meagher in the 41st.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News YucaipaYUCAIPA: Longing for theater, concerts? ... 23 hr djkndsn 1
News Code enforcement using new citation and collect... (Feb '10) Jul 18 Piece of meass 20
shelly Trinque is a deadbeat thief Jul 15 Mike 1
News Girl dies after Halloween knife fight (Nov '09) Jul 2 Btown760 68
Vanessa Pedersen? Jul 1 James01 1
News San Bernardino County code enforcement using ne... (Feb '10) Jun 27 Sindy 15
News Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) Jun 27 Tiffany Chance 31

Forest Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forest Falls Mortgages