Genealogy Query - BEDNARCZYK : BENARI...

Genealogy Query - BEDNARCZYK : BENARICK : BOMAGES : MOSKAL : WILCHINSKI

There are 3 comments on the Cousinconnect.com story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Genealogy Query - BEDNARCZYK : BENARICK : BOMAGES : MOSKAL : WILCHINSKI. In it, Cousinconnect.com reports that:

Any Benarick's out there? b.Feb 1854, died Jan 07 1904,Michal Bednarczyk was from Pielnia Polish Austria and now Sanok Dist in Poland. via Cousinconnect.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cousinconnect.com.

BEDNARCZYK UPDATE

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Aug 9, 2007
MOSKAL-Pielnia Sanok/Krosno-Galicia; BOMAGES-Austria
I am looking forward to hearing from you. I hope we CONNECT the Surnames BEDNARCHIK-1911, 1913, 1914 Forest City PA US Church Archives; BEDNARCZYK Forest City St Agnes Cemetery; BEDNARIK 1900 US Census; 1925,1928, Forest City PA US St John Greek Catholic Church Achives; or BENARICK and BOMAGES 1900 US Census, of Forest City Susquehanna County PA,-borders Wayne and Lackawanna Counties, USA
Source: St John Greek Catholic Church [Baptism of children and grandchildren] Archives
WITH the Pielnia Nowotaniec in 1424, & Dudyrice in 1721.[Krosnienskie is Podkarpackie] Poland
Source: Austrian Cadastral
Bednarik BEDNARCZYK & MOSKAL or Moskalik are from PIELNIA or Pelnja [Rusyn] Pel'nja [ Ukraine ] Poland Sanok Administrative District and Krosno. Sources: http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/filmshtm and GC Church Archives
"Roman Catholic" Pielnia was Nowotaniec in 1424 and Dudyrice in 1721.
Today, Krosnienskie is Pod Karpackie.
Source: Lenius / Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia .
The Mike and Kathryn [Kate"] BEDNARCZYK /BEDNARIK family, with Rosie John and Mary "Meony," went to Forest City PA, Susquehanna, during the years, 1881 1883 1891 1893. But they are listed from Austria [they were Polish speaking]- Source: June 12 1900 US Census [Church has them from Pielnia Sanok Galicia]
Siblings of "Michal" Mike Berdnarik-: lived at 715 Main Street Forest City PA
John [BEDNARIK]-"Bednark" b. Apr 1858 [42]-Austria here 6years-married
Anna BEDNARIK BOMAGES b. Oct 1853 [46]-Austria here, married age 28;
Spouse of Anna, Mike [50]; Children-5, 4 lived;
"Meony" Mary b. May 1884-Austria age-16yrs; John b. 1887 Austria age 13; others?
Source: June 23 1900 US Census
Surnames,'in laws,' and children are GOSKOWSKI/Gorszkowski [various spellings]; Jurain JURIN Yurin; LIPKA; TIMKO; TIMSEC; GUTKOSKA; LENIO; STRUS; SMITH;
Philip Wolchinski/VILCHINSKI/Wolinski married Catherine Bednarik after 1904, and before 1920, when Philip b.1865 died.
Source: 1910 Census Forest City PA; Paul Benarick's Army Registration circa 1917
“Cath’a”“Katte”[Kathryn] b.1854 married/lived with Franklin McCullum Gardiner after Philip died-and after FM's wife Edith died. There is No mention of each other, Farnklin and Catherine, in their Obituaries, the SAME day, Mar 14 1929- BUT,[step]“Son FM Gardiner”was mentioned in Catherine’s Obituary, and not in his father's, FM Gardiner Sr ESQ-- could not locate FM GARDINER & Catherine BENARICK's Marriage License]
Catherine Benarick died Mar 09 1929, at son Stanley’s Hudson St Forest City PA home.
Sources: Death Certificate; Obituary 03/14/1929in Forest City News.
FM Gardiner b. 1876 (53) was married, 04-04 1907, to Edith M. Milton. FM died March 10 1929 in Forest City PA; Buried at Uniondale, Rounds Cemetery PA
[Edith Mae Milton Gardiner b.1920-1937 was later buried with his body
Sources: Obituary- 03/14/1929 Montrose Ind.; Susquehanna County Historical Society & Free Library Association Montrose PA 18801
Greatgrampa-Mike Bednarik BEDNARCZYK b. Feb1854 married abt. 1874 Katzarina Moskal or Moskalik. Katzaryna arrived 1881-1893 [in NYC & Philadelphia PA], as "Cath'a" BEDNARIK with children.
Husband Michal Bednarczyk died 01-07-1904 Forest City PA.
Source: St Agnes Church Cemetery Forest City PA Susquehanna County
"Kate Bermarchik" [Catherine BENARICK] is listed as a widow with three children Stanley, Anna, & Paul and nephews-LIPKO
Source: 1910 US Census
Thank you for any help in locating information here or overseas. [email protected]
Joan Benarick Strus Wielgus
Don Bednarczyk

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Jun 17, 2008
Hello cousin,

My grandfather, Jan Bednarczyk, immigrated from Pielna in 1901 and according to Ellis Island went to live with an uncle in Forest City, Pa.. He later moved to Chicago and married Marcyanna Ochenduszka also from Pielna. Marcyanna was the daughter of Szymon Ochenduszko and Maryanna Moskelewicz also of Pielna. So I think we have something here. You can reach me at [email protected]
Ances BEDNAR MOSKAL STRUS

Allentown, PA

#3 Jun 17, 2008
Revision-the following, in quotes, is not verified. The attorney is only mentioned in the obituary because he and Catherine's son Stanley were important people in town. The schools were closed because of them and not for Great Grandma Catherine Benarick
“Cath’a”“Katte”[Kathryn Moskal Bednrik] b.1854 "married/lived with Franklin McCullum Gardiner after Philip died-and after FM's wife Edith died." There is No mention of each other, Franklin and Catherine, in their Obituaries, the SAME day, Mar 14 1929-Forest City Newspaper PA. BUT,[step]“Son FM Gardiner” was mentioned in Catherine’s Obituary, and not in his father's, FM Gardiner Sr ESQ-- could not locate FM GARDINER & Catherine BENARICK's Marriage License or evidence that they were connected]
I am in touch with Don Bednarczyk. If anyone else sees their Surname, or a close derivative,please write me at peekaboobrat at yahoo dot com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breakers (Dec '05) Apr 10 Psregor 5
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Apr 7 facepalm Friday 663
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr 5 Zcindy 24
News Vandals Target Community (Aug '09) Jan '17 NEPA WhereFunGoe... 102
News Pa. woman is 1 of 3 accused in strangling overd... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lakeland Highway ... 1
Free Charity Cars Website looking for Local Car... (Nov '10) Aug '16 appreciation16 3
camp toloa (Mar '10) Jun '16 Bob Sherman 25

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forest City Mortgages