Life in carbondale pa.
Who-a

Moscow, PA

#181 May 18, 2010
WEll....It has ben some time that I have ben in here.
I see the coal cracking is still going who-a
and the click goes on and on.....who-a
Wow I am having an post depression let down,
Answer I need a...a old mines drink a shot and a beer.
snap me out of it....OH Ok...that is better.

Later Who-a
Remembers

Hawley, PA

#182 Jun 3, 2011
In all fairness, Carbondale was extremely popular back in the day. In the 80's it looked like the 50's all over again with people cruising down Main St. 10mph so you can check each other out and show off your cars you spent all day polishing. Every Friday and Saturday night the town was packed with people who came from New York, Wilkes-Barre, you name it, they all knew that was the place to be on the weekends. Then, I'm not sure what happened. I do know since they put in the Casey Highway nothing good has happened in the area. Drugs are everywhere I agree but you NEVER heard of heroin being pushed like it is now in that area. Sadly, a lot of welfare families, who have 3rd-4th generations still considering welfare to be a career. I do hope they have a plan for the city with all the recent demolition of buildings on the Main Street. Fond memories of visiting Carbondale growing up and I hope to see it prosper once again.
tag team

White Haven, PA

#183 Jun 3, 2011
is the mother daughter tag team still there ?
CNB

Carbondale, PA

#184 Jul 26, 2011
Sam C! U MUST BE MY BROTHER!!!! I'm crackin up on all these comments! It's NOT Carbondale as a City THAT SUX! It's the NEW PEOPLE that INHABIT TI! Dumbasses! I agree with Carbondale Girl! Stop Complaining and DO SOMETHING to MAKE A CHANGE if it means SO MUCH to YOU that you are whining here on the Internet! LOL! Suc an EGG? Really "Kip"? hat's the BEST U can DO? Here's a start for you to change Carbondale..... Suggest that the Police pass out Helmets to every person involved in Drug Raids! Obviously they are all retarded. Oh yeah and MAKE SURE THEY RIP DOWN Carol Probitions HOUSE ASAP! That shyt hole makes all of Simpson/Carbondale's Value go downhill! She is a Dirt Farmer with her lil Barn Yard Friends!

“Call me Angela, Meh”

Since: Oct 07

League City, Tx-Carbondale, Pa

#185 Aug 19, 2012
Its been 5 years, now that I have actually lived here for 5 more years. I take back every positive word I said about this pos town. Justin Taylor is running it into the ground. Belmont is out of control, my street is still quiet, still haven't ever been robbed or vandalized, etc.

It's the teenagers running wild, the drug addicts, the woman in pajamas roaming the streets, the expired everything at Weis and the fact that anyone of quality worth meeting in this town sticks to themselves after being burned by Garbagedales finest.. That's why I changed my mind :)
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#186 Oct 11, 2012
Jim wrote:
Me and my family are thinking of moving to carbondale pa looking for some in put from someone that lives there.
Carbondale, pa. ios a very small town, houses are beat and old, some of the cops are corrupt and others don't follow proper procedures during arrests. Granted there are a few good cops but the majority are useless. Plus there really isn't much to do in Carbondale itself. there's a few tiny shops and family owned businesses but to get to any type of shopping or fun of significance u have to drive to as far as atleast dickson city or honesdale which are the closest to Carbondale, about 20-25 min drive one way, course then there is scranton a bit further out which is more like a city, lots of traffic and mostly courts, lawyers, government buildings etc. even though there is SteamTown mall in Scranton which is a pretty nice mall and a few shops.
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#187 Oct 11, 2012
AbstractDr3ams wrote:
Its been 5 years, now that I have actually lived here for 5 more years. I take back every positive word I said about this pos town. Justin Taylor is running it into the ground. Belmont is out of control, my street is still quiet, still haven't ever been robbed or vandalized, etc.
It's the teenagers running wild, the drug addicts, the woman in pajamas roaming the streets, the expired everything at Weis and the fact that anyone of quality worth meeting in this town sticks to themselves after being burned by Garbage Dales finest.. That's why I changed my mind :)
So agree with you! I've Been living in Carbondale myself now for about 5 years. Didn't quite take me as long as u to see how much it sucks though. Not only for the reasons you stated but for other reasons as well. Of Course if u like bars and dilapidated houses, shady police, a mayor who dosen't seem to know what he is doing and won't take your ideas or comments in regards to the town or community seriously and enjoy a small town that has nothing worthwhile to do, then by all means this is the town for you. >.<
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#188 Oct 11, 2012
CNB wrote:
Sam C! U MUST BE MY BROTHER!!!! I'm crackin up on all these comments! It's NOT Carbondale as a City THAT SUX! It's the NEW PEOPLE that INHABIT TI! Dumbasses! I agree with Carbondale Girl! Stop Complaining and DO SOMETHING to MAKE A CHANGE if it means SO MUCH to YOU that you are whining here on the Internet! LOL! Suc an EGG? Really "Kip"? hat's the BEST U can DO? Here's a start for you to change Carbondale..... Suggest that the Police pass out Helmets to every person involved in Drug Raids! Obviously they are all retarded. Oh yeah and MAKE SURE THEY RIP DOWN Carol Probitions HOUSE ASAP! That shyt hole makes all of Simpson/Carbondale's Value go downhill! She is a Dirt Farmer with her lil Barn Yard Friends!
Um isn't it the mayor who decides what is and is not done in carbondale? the residents can make complaints, suggestions or whatever but that's about it. Ultimately it's the mayor's decision what happens first off. Believe me i've been to city hall myself more then once to offer suggestions to better the town, it's safety and to file complaints, so far from what i've personally seen nothing is ever done. And in order for the police, who i'm sure a lot of people will agree with me aren't exactly what u would call responsible, trustworthy officers, in order for them to "pass out helmets they would need the funding to get the helmets and permission to pass them out and use them. Once again this is up to the mayor and city hall. Of course your entitled to ur opinion and voicing it but instead of being a fanboy of Carbondale or cutting up on others who speak the truth about how they feel y not educate yourself on how things work b4 u speak or don;t speak at all if this is an example of how you communicate with others and in anyway shows your knowledge of how things work in cities, politics, budgets or whatever. Not tryin to cut on your comment just sayin truth and my opinion as u did.
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#189 Oct 11, 2012
CNB wrote:
Excuses, Excuses. Ther'ye like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink. Face reality.
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#190 Oct 11, 2012
Julie wrote:
Living in Carbondale is not bad as long as you have a job. Housing is affordable here. The town is cute and its really only about 15 minutes to a mall or walmart by car. The scenery is beautiful, and the people seem nice. It's close to NYC and Philly, and several great ski resorts. There is a bowling alley down the street, and its actually pretty great as long as you have money to go and do things or go shopping or whatever. Pretty much the same issue no matter where you live with that. Where are you moving from and why?
There are practically no jobs in Carbondale first off and housing is so cheap because nearly 80-90% of the houses in Carbondale are beat and run into the ground. Depending on how you drive, as for being close to NYC it's about an hour one way as for being close to Philly more like 2 hours one way. And if your talking about the 24 hour bowling alley near dickson city, that is not anywhere near being in Carbondale, there are no bowling allies in Carbondale i know of and i been living here for 5 years, still living here unfortunately, Carbondale itself is mostly bars and small ma and pa shops nothing more.
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#191 Oct 11, 2012
Jenell wrote:
Where do you know a place where kids smoke and atleast 3 teenage girls have kids?
CARBONDALE,PA....well among a few other places.=p Oh and may i add where do u know a town that has a skatepark for kids that is unsupervised, has a sign stating Enter at your own Risk and a lock on the gate that is never used, even after park hours! Good old Carbondale, pa.=)
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#192 Oct 11, 2012
Jenell wrote:
Where do you know a place where kids smoke and atleast 3 teenage girls have kids?
CARBONDALE, PA! And a few other places of course. And might i add what other town do you know of that puts up a skate park for kids that is unsupervised and has a sign right in it stating, Enter Park at Your own Risk! Plus has a lock on the gate that is never locked after hours and a gate that's left wide open for drunkards and druggies to walk into the park at anytime after hours whether it's it's 10pm or 3am and hang out. Good old Carbondale, pa.=)
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#193 Oct 11, 2012
Julie wrote:
Lawrence,
This comment about Carbondale not growing and building is in direct contradiction with the comment that you left on the "Walmart in Carbondale" forum. Are you O.k?
Maybe in "this comment Lawrence was referring to Carbondale Texas, not Carbondale, pa.? o.0
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#194 Oct 11, 2012
Julie wrote:
By the way, when I say that there aren't police on every corner, I mean that they do not hide around every corner trying to give speeding tickets.
And Some of the police in Carbondale are corrupt, while others DO NOT follow proper procedures. There are some good cops as well but the majority are not. I've seen cops let criminals in Carbondale actually arrest someone, begin to put cuffs on them and read them their rights and as they were doing this the perp ran and the cop simply stated, screw thisi'm not chasing after him and so hence the perp got away. I even knew the person being aressted. Is That how cops are supposed to act? If that;s the mentality of the cops in Carbondale it's no wonder it's falling apart.
Anonomys1234

Carbondale, PA

#195 Oct 11, 2012
Lakelander wrote:
If you witnessed this ... why wasn't anyone ever charged? Did you to the police ... or the newspaper and tell them what you saw ? If you get pressure on the kids that chased this boy ... somebody will crack and tell the story. Don't let this go.
Many people wil tell u and agree that the police in Carbondale are useless, some can't even be trusted and others just seem to not give a damn, while others still seem to have a problem with following proper law enforcement procedure. As for the newspaper their only main concern is what is the biggest story that will bring them the most attention, not what is the truth or "helping" the town. I have personally contacted them b4 with concerns about public safety issues and they assured me they would look into it or do an article and nothing was ever done. I've had more then one encounter and experience with the local paper in Carbondale and seen some of the things regarding the police so i speak from an active eyewitness account on these matters and have lived in garbage dale for 5 years now. Never once got in any trouble with the law till i moved here. Ironic.
Zzz

Newark, NJ

#196 Dec 8, 2012
Move here make your house nice live the right way do things with your family go to marli sarnoski park walk to the ymca 3 miles from the endless mtn suquahanna county 3 mile from the poconos wayne county enjoy
wake up

Wilmington, NC

#197 Dec 10, 2012
the people who live in Carbondale PA dont have a choice, they are stuck there, in their little time capsule, the little coal mining town that time forgot, the sad part is that most of the people who live in that area, Carbondale,Jermyn, Mayfield, Archbald etc, are not even aware they are missing out on anything
random person

Teaneck, NJ

#198 Jul 27, 2013
U have a point i anit from the carbondale area but no matter where u go thiers drugs and teens smoking. low income and hard working familiy alot of people say carbondale is full of scum bags and gang it aint detroit go thier for a whole day and then go to carbondale and tell me where u rethier live
Jason Rosar

Hampstead, NC

#199 Jul 28, 2013
why would anyone want to live in either place ?
people that live in these kinds of places are stuck, for one reason or another.
Garbagedale

United States

#200 Jul 29, 2013
u all suck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jul 14 Al Busillo 682
Walmart in Carbondale (Mar '06) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 49
Carbondale woman waives hearings on theft charges (May '15) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 2
breakers (Dec '05) Apr '17 Psregor 5
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr '17 Zcindy 24
News Vandals Target Community (Aug '09) Jan '17 NEPA WhereFunGoe... 102
News Pa. woman is 1 of 3 accused in strangling overd... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lakeland Highway ... 1

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forest City Mortgages