Life in carbondale pa.
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jim

AOL

#1 Mar 20, 2006
Me and my family are thinking of moving to carbondale pa looking for some in put from someone that lives there.
troy

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2006
Jim i lived in carbondale pa for the first 20 years of my life and i did is count the days till i was able to leave. it is one of the most useless towns in the U.S. The schools (which still have the same teachers i did and some of my former classmates) are a joke i was able to do nothing from 3rd grade all the way to 12th. i regret it now but you live and learn. the commerce there is all mom and pops you have to drive 45 min to go to the closest real store. industry has grown alot since i have left but not much. Good jobs are hard to come by there. Unless you were in the service and get a job at the prisons in waymart. If you have children be very cautious about c'dale. If you dont like to hunt fish there is nothing to do except drink beer on road trips or in the woods which happens every night summer or winter so dont be fooled. there is also i higher chances you kids will smoke by the age of 11-13 and be smoking marijuana by the 9th grade. and doing worse by the time they hit 18. this goes for the rich as well as the poor. poor being the greater of the two. hey my email is [email protected] if you want ask about any other towns from up there hit me up
Jenell

Forest City, PA

#3 Mar 24, 2006
Troy, Carbondale is what you make of it. I lived in Carbondale my whole life and I loved it. I now reside in Forest City... you think that there is nothing to do in Carbondale... HA, that`s all I have to say about that.I also highly disagree with all of those comments that you made. People like you make Carbondale the way you say it is! So Jim, do as you wish, it`s really a nice place to live if you make the best of it.:) [email protected] im me if you have any other comments or questions!
Julie

Pottsville, PA

#4 Mar 27, 2006
Living in Carbondale is not bad as long as you have a job. Housing is affordable here. The town is cute and its really only about 15 minutes to a mall or walmart by car. The scenery is beautiful, and the people seem nice. It's close to NYC and Philly, and several great ski resorts. There is a bowling alley down the street, and its actually pretty great as long as you have money to go and do things or go shopping or whatever. Pretty much the same issue no matter where you live with that. Where are you moving from and why?
pandabear

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2006
i moved to carbondale from california and thought it was great have been here four years and think it is the worst place for kids to grow up smoking and young pregnant women and drugs not worth living in it moved out of that town and am much happier if you come from somewhere else the people of carbondale treat you like a outsider
Carl Bendale

AOL

#6 Mar 29, 2006
pandabear wrote:
i moved to carbondale from california and thought it was great have been here four years and think it is the worst place for kids to grow up smoking and young pregnant women and drugs not worth living in it moved out of that town and am much happier if you come from somewhere else the people of carbondale treat you like a outsider
Come on put the crying towel away. Go eat some wise chips.
Jenell

Forest City, PA

#7 Mar 30, 2006
Where do you know a place where kids smoke and atleast 3 teenage girls have kids?
pandabear

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2006
[sounds like you are from carbondale what a shame
Dee

AOL

#9 Apr 2, 2006
WHY do you want to move to Carbondale?
John

Long Island City, NY

#10 Apr 28, 2006
I live in Carbondale and have mix feelings. The main reason we are here is the house we found cost much less than ones like it in Clarks Summit where I work. So i drive 35 mins each way to work, that's the trade off. I enjoy the ride, it gives me a chance to clear my head. The town itself is no different than other small towns around. You have your typical scum bags who hang outside
their section 8 houses every day with a slew of kids inching thru life blaming other people for their problems. drugs, smoking teens. You need to monitor your kids and get them involved in positive things. The scum bags don't
hangout with kids who try to do better.
C'dale does have more section 8 than other towns around and it's noticeable.
It's shocking how many people just don't care about anything. It makes you wonder why they even get up in the morning (or afternoon)
Lawrence

Graham, TX

#11 Apr 28, 2006
Life in Carbondale ,I agree it is what you make of it , But when you look back at years past , we have not developed much where by other areas of Lack. county have so much advance development going on and there is life better , out side of these coal field of ignorance and vegetated state of mind , If ride twenty or thirty miles away from Carbondale you will find better development and better communities ,
Why is it that development or the buck stops at Dickson city and areas close by stop there all so .
Why haven't we advance in many ways.
why is it that some people keep there minds closed to the truth.
it is not the question of language, race, or creed, nor color.
It is a question do we want to except the future for what is coming.
Or Is it that we are afraid that we might have some one knowing something better than us .
I AS WHY >....
What is wrong with other cultures they only want we want, Yes they do understand what we are saying, some of us only make a big deal out what they are and they lead in to it.
If can only understand who they are , what they are , we can certainly learn a lot from other culture people that come in to our areas.
Ah Life in Carbondale if we can only let go our... ignoraces and mountain coal cracking ways that our fore fathers in still in us all , we would be much better off then we are now.
We all can not stop change and we certainl can not stop gas prices going up and causeing a riple effect in many walks of life in what we do unless we prtest.
People get with the program and lighten up .
Old time ways are gone out the door a long time ago .
This is a different ball game to day and if we do not change now , we will be thrown in the garbage of life and carried down to the land fill.

Thank You
Lawrence

Graham, TX

#12 Apr 28, 2006
Jenell wrote:
Where do you know a place where kids smoke and atleast 3 teenage girls have kids?
If you took the time to travel outside of the area , you will find we all have this problem across the US.
not just in Cdle.
Julie

East Stroudsburg, PA

#13 May 1, 2006
Lawrence,

This comment about Carbondale not growing and building is in direct contradition with the comment that you left on the "Walmart in Carbondale" forum. Are you O.k?
Julie

East Stroudsburg, PA

#14 May 1, 2006
"Carbondale Rocks!"
kevin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#15 May 1, 2006
This is the son of Julie...

Carbondale Sucks ASS
Lawrence

Graham, TX

#16 May 2, 2006
Julie wrote:
Lawrence,
This comment about Carbondale not growing and building is in direct contradition with the comment that you left on the "Walmart in Carbondale" forum. Are you O.k?
It might be , But if you look at the some what groth in Carbondale ,and Look at how long it took for what every groth it did get, there is something wrong.
especically when taxes are gone sky high and the home owner is paying to the nose compared to takeing a good look at the Dickson city area and how long it took to developted in to what they have done down there so far.
I think some of us have to take a get real check.
Jenell

Forest City, PA

#17 May 3, 2006
Lawrence, when I wrote that I meant it wasn't only C'dale, it's everywhere!
Lawrence

Graham, TX

#18 May 4, 2006
Jenell wrote:
Lawrence, when I wrote that I meant it wasn't only C'dale, it's everywhere!
Yes , Jenell.......
It is everywhere , But are focused is on Cabondale and what we the people can do in our own little area of the US .
Because what we the people and our local goverment dose here , has an effect on the rest of Lack. county and other towns across the US.
We are the people that vote people in offices and we are the people that makes a difference.
And on the non voted hand of the people that do not vote and do not go to meetngs
they make understanding ,what is go on harder for people that want to make adifference.
robandjess

Carbondale, PA

#19 May 7, 2006
Carbondale, well ive lived here most of my 22 years. Other than here i have lived in lake Ariel, Kingsley, Harford, and Vandling. All areas Within 40 to 50 mins from carbondale. I also traveled the country for a year visiting 23 states. Some things i like about carbondale is the wonderful scenery especially during fall. But you can get that in the rural areas around carbondale as well so... My feelings about carbondale is that is will never change in my lifetime and if it does its slow and small progress. You can leave for years and come back and it will seem the same as you left it. But i know thats not exactly true. Ive seen in the last 8 or so years some changes like, More and more minorities moving into the area, Harder Drugs becoming more popular with the kids and young adults of carbondale and more crime. I did attend school here for all of grade school and a 2 years of high school and to be honest the teachers arent all that great there are a few but mostly they can care less if the student has learned what they just said. I also attended mountain view and western wayne for a few years and those schools were waaay better western waynes teachers were great and school was cleaner just all around better and mountain view i think i witnessed one fight the whole time i was there as with carbondale there was fights everyday during and after school. Well theres alot more i should say about this town but im tired and want to sleep so ill sum it up quick here. If your gonna move to carbondale and nothings gonna stop ya i would say just stick to yourself, make sure you have transportation to actually get out and have some fun and try to get your kids if you have any into a different school other than carbondale area. I would say try to find a house or apt in wayne or susq. counties cuz the area is beautiful the people are mostly friendly country types and the schooling is better. Well thats all i hope i helped i mean these are just my opinions but they are based on what i believe to be true so good luck and hope u make the right decision.
michael touch

Southfield, MI

#20 May 14, 2006
Jim wrote:
Me and my family are thinking of moving to carbondale pa looking for some in put from someone that lives there.
I still have nightmares about living in carbondale and i left there 35 years ago but still had mom there,,,,if u dont have to stay there..dont..get out while you can..the winters are great for the first 6 day...but they sometimes last 8 months...there are a few good things but way to little of them,,,go south...we live in charleston sc..about 6 miles from the ocean..long sumers and lots of jobs...although there are hurricanes,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jul 14 Al Busillo 682
Walmart in Carbondale (Mar '06) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 49
Carbondale woman waives hearings on theft charges (May '15) May '17 crawford bobbie jo 2
breakers (Dec '05) Apr '17 Psregor 5
carbondale news (Apr '08) Apr '17 Zcindy 24
News Vandals Target Community (Aug '09) Jan '17 NEPA WhereFunGoe... 102
News Pa. woman is 1 of 3 accused in strangling overd... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lakeland Highway ... 1

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forest City Mortgages