Charges filed in Rutherford slaying

Charges filed in Rutherford slaying

There are 49 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Charges filed in Rutherford slaying. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Authorities today charged two Rutherfordton men in connection with a fatal shooting earlier this week at a post office parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Here is to all the dumb azzez who think that marijuana is safe, and that it's not dangerous. Now for all the people to some and say, "If they legalized it this wouldn't happen." It's always one excuse or the other.
political nature

Balsam, NC

#2 Oct 10, 2008
You sound ignorant!!!!!!!!!
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#4 Oct 10, 2008
political nature wrote:
You sound ignorant!!!!!!!!!
You could hear my typing? Wow. Now who is ignorant.
Betty

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Oct 10, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
Here is to all the dumb azzez who think that marijuana is safe, and that it's not dangerous. Now for all the people to some and say, "If they legalized it this wouldn't happen." It's always one excuse or the other.
You ARE ignorant.
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#6 Oct 10, 2008
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE ignorant.
WHY? Please expound.
nailed joemama

Black Mountain, NC

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
Well, um, why would this have happened if pot was legal? Can you ...expound... on that?

But seriously, I'll be on your side the second a giant, bloodthirsty marijuana bush wearing a John Rambo headband barges into a post office and starts laying waste to civilians with its AK-47.
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#8 Oct 10, 2008
nailed joemama wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, um, why would this have happened if pot was legal? Can you ...expound... on that?
But seriously, I'll be on your side the second a giant, bloodthirsty marijuana bush wearing a John Rambo headband barges into a post office and starts laying waste to civilians with its AK-47.
First question: Why would this have happened if pot were legal?
Answer: It wouldn't have.

This killing was over a Marijuana Sale, not Crack, not Meth, not Cocaine, not pills. The story is specific. The guy was killed over a MARIJUANA deal gone bad. Now tell me the ol' stink weed aint worth killin a man over. You don't really think he was killed for the simple "Principle of the Thing" do you? Of course not. Three Dam bullet holes is a little bit 'overkill' for just the "principle of the thing."

“Don't blame me. I voted.”

Since: Feb 08

Sylva, NC

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
First question: Why would this have happened if pot were legal?
Answer: It wouldn't have.
This killing was over a Marijuana Sale, not Crack, not Meth, not Cocaine, not pills. The story is specific. The guy was killed over a MARIJUANA deal gone bad. Now tell me the ol' stink weed aint worth killin a man over. You don't really think he was killed for the simple "Principle of the Thing" do you? Of course not. Three Dam bullet holes is a little bit 'overkill' for just the "principle of the thing."
People have killed for a dam sight less. This was just a case of two losers with a gun. The same could be said of fighting over a woman, a truck, or meth, cocaine, or heroin. Marijuana is not the criminal, the A.H. with the gun is.

“Yes, I'm laughing @ you...”

Since: Jun 08

...unless you're laughing w/me

#10 Oct 10, 2008
LOL, the victim's last name is "White," one of the suspects is "Bright" and the other suspect lives on "Dark Corner Road." Just struck me as strange.

“CLAN ROSE”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 Oct 10, 2008
Silverwolf 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
People have killed for a dam sight less. This was just a case of two losers with a gun. The same could be said of fighting over a woman, a truck, or meth, cocaine, or heroin. Marijuana is not the criminal, the A.H. with the gun is.
And the odds are the gun was obtained illegally. The whole lot is a bunch of criminals, dealing in an illegal substance, and most end up either dead, or in prison.
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 11, 2008
Silverwolf 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said that Marijuana was the criminal. But it certainly is not simply a case of 2 losers with a gun. Don't get mad because this was over the ganja that you love so much. It just was.

“Don't blame me. I voted.”

Since: Feb 08

Sylva, NC

#13 Oct 11, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said that Marijuana was the criminal. But it certainly is not simply a case of 2 losers with a gun. Don't get mad because this was over the ganja that you love so much. It just was.
What??? Your posting makes no sense. What the hell is "ganja"??? And yeah, it's about two losers with a gun, trying to get their own way.
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#14 Oct 11, 2008
Silverwolf 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? Your posting makes no sense. What the hell is "ganja"??? And yeah, it's about two losers with a gun, trying to get their own way.
Trying to get their own way over what? Marijuana! Just say it, it's not that hard. This shooting was over the 'non-dangerous' drug. MARIJUANA!!!! I'm sorry it's so hard for you to understand.
jo55A

Forest City, NC

#15 Oct 12, 2008
I KNOW THE GUY THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER. HE IS A GOOD MAN. HE NEVER INTENDED TO HURT NO ONE. THE GUY THAT GOT KILLED ALSO HAD A GUN PULLED OUT ON BRIGHT. WHAT WOULD ANY ONE ELSE DO, IF THEY HAD A GUN POINTED AT THEM. HARD QEUSTION TO ANSWER HUH.... IM SORRY FOR THE VICTOMS FAMILY ALSO. IT MUST BE VERY HARD ON THEM RIGHT NOW. BUT LETS FACE IT'' THEY ALL SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN DOING WHAT THEY WERE DOING. THEY ALL HAVE FAMILY AND KIDS. THERE COMES A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE. FUN, DRUGS, OR FAMILY. I CHOOSE FAMILY.
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2008
jo55A wrote:
I KNOW THE GUY THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER. HE IS A GOOD MAN. HE NEVER INTENDED TO HURT NO ONE. THE GUY THAT GOT KILLED ALSO HAD A GUN PULLED OUT ON BRIGHT. WHAT WOULD ANY ONE ELSE DO, IF THEY HAD A GUN POINTED AT THEM. HARD QEUSTION TO ANSWER HUH.... IM SORRY FOR THE VICTOMS FAMILY ALSO. IT MUST BE VERY HARD ON THEM RIGHT NOW. BUT LETS FACE IT'' THEY ALL SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN DOING WHAT THEY WERE DOING. THEY ALL HAVE FAMILY AND KIDS. THERE COMES A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE. FUN, DRUGS, OR FAMILY. I CHOOSE FAMILY.
Uh.......if the guy that pulled the trigger was a good man, why was he out doing what he was doing? Don't sound like a good man too me.
Skeptic

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Oct 13, 2008
Silverwolf 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.

Greed and a larcenous mentality were the motivators and the real crime.

The legality of or whether marijuana is harmless or not doesn't even fit the equation.
Sherrif Jowls Conner

Greer, SC

#18 Oct 13, 2008
Greed and larcinny keep my office going. How do you think my men git there bonusses.

If it wudden for stole goods in the proppitty room and an ocasional storge unit or cashay we find of our fine cownty buggulars we wudden have no Crismess.

We git first dibs on Laura Powell cort odered restatooshun to we got the best judges and clerk of cort mony can buy. The victums can wate or go buy more snapons chane saws and weed eaters our buggulars will git them too.

Our hands in your pockitts is our moto.
Cousin of the victim

United States

#19 Oct 13, 2008
Your all wrong, it was not a drug deal gone bad, the gunman was not a good man, Timmothy was not an angel but certainly did not deserve death. It was a set up plain and simple, Tim was trying his best to get his life on track, and some idiot with a gun over something stupid took him from us, and I for hope his mom never has to read people debateing his death over the freaking internet.
Joe Mama

Asheville, NC

#20 Oct 13, 2008
Cousin of the victim wrote:
Your all wrong, it was not a drug deal gone bad, the gunman was not a good man, Timmothy was not an angel but certainly did not deserve death. It was a set up plain and simple, Tim was trying his best to get his life on track, and some idiot with a gun over something stupid took him from us, and I for hope his mom never has to read people debateing his death over the freaking internet.
So even though a drug was mentioned, you're saying this is not what it's over? Please, give your insight. What is this "stupid" thing that it was really over. What "stupid" thing caused someone their life.
annonymous

Montgomery, AL

#21 Oct 15, 2008
The Daily Courrier and various news channels have not and will not publish this entire story. They can't.

Tim's murder is not a platform for you to go on a crusade about the dangers of marijuana. That is very disrespectful. You disgust me.

We as a community will never know the true story, just as the majority of Rutherford County will never understand things they are not dirtectly involved with.

With that said, I must say this:
You live by the gun you die by the gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) May '16 R Hester 14
Flea market or Farmers market Apr '16 SunStarGirl 2
Jinxypie Mar '16 homeboy 1
Did Anyone Get Kilt in Your Tornado (Jan '12) Dec '15 Redneck 2
Wilbert Plastics (Mar '15) Nov '15 Reen 9
Tri Cities Mall (Jun '15) Nov '15 caruthers 3
News Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Oct '15 Lisa Romero 26

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance